Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
I don't suppose anyone knows if this hotel charges to receive a package? Or has an email address for them so I can ask myself ... I've googled for too long to no avail
Old May 25, 2016, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Good food in lounge and free beer wine from 5:30-7:00.

Originally Posted by MS02113
Nice to hear that this rarely encountered amenity is still available.
Is this still the case folks?

Will book it if so ... high rates but do not want to take a chance of missing a 6am flight next morning.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Good food in lounge and free beer wine from 5:30-7:00.

Is this still the case folks?

Will book it if so ... high rates but do not want to take a chance of missing a 6am flight next morning.
It was at least still the case back in December when I was last there.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In the lounge as I post - yes, drinks in the lounge after 5:30 are complimentary. Not sure when it finishes, but I have had a couple of Yuenglings and a glass of OK red.

Closes at nine.

There's some basic snacks and very limited hot food. I got here at 8pm.

As for the hotel, it's basic but does what I need this evening - staying on points as that gives me the > ½¢ per point benchmark I use.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Hilton JFK Airport

Hilton New York JFK Airport

Map| 2 Reviews | 0% Recommended

144-02 135th Avenue Jamaica, NY US 11436

Hilton JFK Airport (0 Photo)

Check In

Check in was quick, although they could not find my booking to start with.  Not sure what happened as I had check-in already through the app but the girl was insistent I did not have a booking.  Once she looked again it was found and I was quickly on my way with 2 small water bottles handed to me for being a Hilton Honours Memeber!  

Room

The room was very dated but reasonably comfortable.  The bed was fine and the bathroom had a very powerful shower - probably the best part of the while stay!  The worst was the really noisy air conditioning unit in the room which come on and off and meant I got zero sleep throughout the whole night.  It was quick shocking how loud this thing was!  Unfortunately I couldn't turn it off as it was quite muggy - although it may have been preferable to getting no sleep!

Service

All fine - nothing outstanding but nothing bad.

Dining

I did not eat in the restaurant but went to the Executive Lounge.  Do not plan to eat here - the nibbles were very poor quality, slightly stale and luke warm!  Very unappetising!

The drinks were fine - free flowing and the chap was constantly coming round to refill - lots of soft drinks available and beer for what I could see.  I think the drinks ended at 9pm but I did not stay that long.

The lounge had an nice view but that was about all that was going for it!  

The hotel is pretty close to the airport - a short bus ride away.  I had to wait quite a while for the bus though and in the end I think someone called.

In the morning the bus goes every half hour so not ideal but just time it and you will be fine.  The bus drops off at the different terminals but picks up at one place so keep an eye out for the signs when you land!

Overall

The outdated rooms and the noisy air conditioning means that I will not be staying here again.  However it is handy for the airport.

Hilton JFK Airport

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton New York JFK Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:14 am

This may just be me, but airport hotels are one place I did not mind noisy A/C units, it makes you much less aware a 747 has just taken off or landing. I just make sure the Fan is on the whole time so it doesn't shut on and off and is a constant white noise.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Luckily I did not hear any aircraft noises from my room. However the temperature was such that the air con unit would kick in and out all night - I tried to cool/heat the room such that it would be constant but didn't manage it!

Aks120
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Had a quick one night stay coming off a transatlantic flight. Booked a standard King and was upgraded to a King, 1 Bedroom Suite. Was given a voucher for full breakfast buffet in restaurant or could take breakfast in the lounge. Got to the lounge around half past eight in the evening and food was no longer being served but drinks were still being served until 9. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. All in all, a good stay for a quick overnight at JFK.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Full service JFK hotel - I think not

Map| 2 Reviews | 0% Recommended

144-02 135th Avenue Jamaica, NY US 11436

Full service JFK hotel - I think not (0 Photo)

Advertised as JFK's only Full service hotel - I think not

Check In

I booked a room with my HHonors points and did e-checkin with digital key before arrival and was able to see my upgrade to exec room and I selected 1222, with a view of Manhattan!

I arrived at the airport T8, took the airtrain to Federal circle and hopped on hotel provided shuttle, which got me to the hotel efficiently in about 10 mins.

Room

The room was quite dated with some furniture having seen much better days long time ago. The aircon was really loud, but bed was fine. The aircon was quite efficient, could cool or heat a room within minutes, but the constant noise it was making was horrible! The bathroom was clean and had a nice, refurbed shower with the usual Hilton amenities.

Dining

I used the exec lounge in the evening, but it is very bad, literally a few chairs, two pacs of some chips/crisps and some cans of soda. One hot dish to speak of, but looked disgusting and old, so did not attempt to eat it. Gave it a miss during breakfast and headed down to the restaurant for a 'full american' which it was not, but at least there were some choices of hot and cold foods, though the 'fresh' raspberries had mould on them...

Service

The front desk was not particularly friendly. When I enquired about the pool, only reason why I chose this hotel, they told me it was closed between December to April (despite this being a heated indoors pool - I don't get it...)

Overall

I would not stay here again and if you have more than 10 hour layover I would head to Brooklyn or Manhattan to have some fun in the town.

Full service JFK hotel - I think not

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton New York JFK Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 15, 2017, 1:21 pm

The following does not just apply to the Hilton JFK (where I stayed this past Fri-Sun for the upteenth time), but way, way too many Hilton Hiltons that I stay at - Would it kill you guys to put at the very least a stapler in the business center?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
Got to the lounge around half past eight in the evening and food was no longer being served but drinks were still being served until 9. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. All in all, a good stay for a quick overnight at JFK.
Darn, I land around 8pm and was hoping to head to the lounge for a few drinks upon landing. I like how this lounge is one of the few in the US to offer free wine and beer. Is it still the case that it closes at 9pm?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Staying here tonight.

No upgrade, basic room as a Diamond. Room near lift despite my profile.

Despite an executive room still available via the app for tonight.

Lounge ok, am not sure of the hours but a fairly basic offering. Friendly chap though.
​​​​​​
Think we will skip breakfast - not sure if it will be anything decent. The airport seems more inviting.

Just very disappointing.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Darn, I land around 8pm and was hoping to head to the lounge for a few drinks upon landing. I like how this lounge is one of the few in the US to offer free wine and beer. Is it still the case that it closes at 9pm?
Sheraton JFK also has complimentary beer/wine in their lounge.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I am new to hotel reviews here, so forgive me if this isn't the right place to put this.

We stayed here at the end of 2017 because we missed our connecting flight through JFK. Delta gave us vouchers for this hotel and directions on how to reach it.

Since we weren't paying for the hotel (other than the food), I found it to be more than adequate. The bed was comfortable. The pillows were firm. The room was clean.

There was a restaurant downstairs which had food when I wanted to eat. (Granted, it was overpriced food, but it still beat the emergency granola bar I carry with me.) There was also a gift shop which sold an overpriced Afrin nasal spray to help clear my congestion from the overseas flight.

I don't know that I'd book this hotel otherwise, but I found it to be perfectly fine for overnight needs.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Hilton vs. Hampton @JFK

I have reservations for both. Same price. One night before an early flight departure. I'm a HH Gold. Any thoughts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.