Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Had two stays here at either end of a mileage run. Room rate was about $200 which was pretty good for an airport hotel.

First stay was when we had just arrived from LHR. Air Train and shuttle to the hotel and nice quick check in. Room was OK with two bottles of water and an empty fridge. Nice walk in shower. Lounge was pretty quiet - offered drinks (wine) and tried some of the hot food. Ate in the restaurant and the food was remarkably good and excellent value. Got early shuttle for our first AA flight. Unfortunately the driver drove to all other terminals and even picked up an incoming crew before dropping us off so took over 30 minutes.

Second stay we got a taxi from downtown - about 50 minutes and $50. Long line at front desk but quickly dealt with. Very friendly young lady checked us in, thanked us for our loyalty and gave us little chocolate bars with the WiFi code on the wrapper.

Similar room. Lounge empty - we scared the lounge dragon I think. She kept us topped up with white wine and was very friendly.

Another early start but this time we got a bus to ourselves as we were going to Terminal 7. Very short ride.

Overall very good airport hotel, nice staff and good food.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Air Train and shuttle to the hotel and nice quick check in.
Can the luggage wagons which you rent at JFK be taken on the Air Train? I will be arriving with two large suitcases and a rollaboard carry-on.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
Can the luggage wagons which you rent at JFK be taken on the Air Train? I will be arriving with two large suitcases and a rollaboard carry-on.

I don't know if its officially kosher or not, but I have definitely done it several times and it seems there are always a few stray carts there at Federal Circle where the hotel shuttle pick up is
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Do they offer snacks and/or drinks in the Lounge throughout the day? TIA.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by boxo
Do they offer snacks and/or drinks in the Lounge throughout the day? TIA.
There was a coffee machine and soft drinks. Snacks were cookies and fruit IIRC
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
This hotel has a nice shuttle, but no ambiance.
Had some diner there, but typical an airport hotel.
Still better than the Hampton next to the Hilton.
Rates can be high a this JFK Hilton.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We stayed there twice and we found the quality of the food in the restaurant to be excellent and much higher than a normal airport hotel. The staff were also very attentive.

The lounge is good and the lounge dragons we met were very friendly and practically forced us to drink more wine
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:26 am

the lounge dragons we met were very friendly and practically forced us to drink more wine
Has wine become free in this hotel's lounge (rare to nonexistent for a US property) or were they just really good salespeople?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Has wine become free in this hotel's lounge (rare to nonexistent for a US property) or were they just really good salespeople?
The wine, and other alcoholic drinks, were free. I must admit I was expecting to pay for it.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:54 am

The wine, and other alcoholic drinks, were free. I must admit I was expecting to pay for it.
Whoa, one would think that this would have been mentioned before in discussion of this property - I've never seen it touched on. This is exceedingly rare for a domestic property.

I was at this property on a weekday evening in very early 2014 and I'm trying to remember if I saw a price list or not...certainly didn't just out to me as being gratis though. Interesting. Maybe they figure that since they will be getting a large number of international travelers they should provide an international-level standard of service.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Whoa, one would think that this would have been mentioned before in discussion of this property - I've never seen it touched on. This is exceedingly rare for a domestic property.

I was at this property on a weekday evening in very early 2014 and I'm trying to remember if I saw a price list or not...certainly didn't just out to me as being gratis though. Interesting. Maybe they figure that since they will be getting a large number of international travelers they should provide an international-level standard of service.
Don't know if this is relevant but both our stays were both on a weekend and we are both HH Diamond. There was no alcoholic drinks on display apart from sealed bottles - the rest was in back. On our first visit a young lady asked if we wanted something to drink and rattled off a selection of choices. We asked for a refill and got it.

Our second visit we were offered a drink on entry and our glasses were kept topped up without asking. I did thank our server and she basically said you paid for it! Although the hotel was busy on both occasions the exec floor and the lounge were very quiet.

We are staying here again in April - I stupidly introduced my wife to Century21 and created a shopping monster
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:34 am

Don't know if this is relevant but both our stays were both on a weekend and we are both HH Diamond. There was no alcoholic drinks on display apart from sealed bottles - the rest was in back. On our first visit a young lady asked if we wanted something to drink and rattled off a selection of choices. We asked for a refill and got it.

Our second visit we were offered a drink on entry and our glasses were kept topped up without asking. I did thank our server and she basically said you paid for it! Although the hotel was busy on both occasions the exec floor and the lounge were very quiet.
Very interesting. I've only been on a weekday (still wasn't very crowded) and I actually had heard that the lounge was closed on weekends. Unless they have you check in at the lounge desk when entering (give your room number), which isn't very common in US properties, they wouldn't have any way of knowing that you were Diamond.

Either way, sounds like a great level of service for a US property. I'll be there in late December and will be interested to see if they're doing this then.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Been staying here on and off for the last month.

Good property with nice upgraded rooms and an exec lounge. Good food in lounge and free beer wine from 5:30-7:00.

Only downside is the air condition units in the room are very loud. Sleeping and phone conversations were difficult and I requested multiple room changes, they are all the same.

Some relief if you are given a 1 bedroom suite because the unit is in bathroom and not the bedroom. I'm a heavy sleeper so this wasn't an issue. My wife couldn't stand it.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by B767capt
Good food in lounge and free beer wine from 5:30-7:00.
Nice to hear that this rarely encountered amenity is still available.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stayed here last night. Arrived about 22:00 on BA flight from LHR. Upgraded to suite which was nice even if we were leaving again at 06:00 today. Very comfortable room, quiet and nice bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.