Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:23 am

Any recent experience, particularly with shuttle? Considering a stay before an 8am flight.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by xooz
Any recent experience, particularly with shuttle? Considering a stay before an 8am flight.
plus 1

also, what is the best way to get to the hotel at about 11pm? Will a taxi or Uber have a problem with it being a short ride, and not to Manhattan? Taxi from arrivals? Or go to Federal Circle and try to call hotel for shuttle. Thanks. V early start next morning, so hope shuttle will run.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
plus 1

also, what is the best way to get to the hotel at about 11pm? Will a taxi or Uber have a problem with it being a short ride, and not to Manhattan? Taxi from arrivals? Or go to Federal Circle and try to call hotel for shuttle. Thanks. V early start next morning, so hope shuttle will run.
Another plus 1.

I have JFK arrival at 20,30 and next morning departure at 07.00. Trying to work out if it's worth booking Hampton, HGI or Hilton.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
plus 1

Based on my experience on Wednesday, Uber are not interested in short trips to airport hotels.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
plus 1

it has been four or five years, but I took a regular taxi to the hotel with no problems. The driver did (Legitimately IMHO) gripe that getting from the highway the last hundred yards to the hotel was difficult, but that was directed at the world in general, not at me. I don’t remember how next morning I got back to the airport from the hotel other than it was very early. Don’t recall if I got a taxi or if at that time they had a hotel shuttle.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 8:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Stayed here last week. The room was typical dated US Hilton. Breakfast basic, but friendly waiting staff. I'll definitely continue to use the Hyatt Regency going forward instead, though it's often at a higher price point.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:11 am

Bisnow reporting as of this morning that this property is closing.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Bisnow reporting as of this morning that this property is closing.
Unclear what's next (besides the layoffs and closing).

David
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Odd. The building is barely a decade old. I'd think some chain would try for it.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Odd. The building is barely a decade old. I'd think some chain would try for it.
This property was built in 1986. Which is still not old, just pointing this out.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by arlflyer
This property was built in 1986. Which is still not old, just pointing this out.
Ah. I see it was built as a Holiday Inn. And now it makes more sense. 1986 is actually pretty old for a hotel these days (except city centers and such).
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
JFK Hilton Closing?

I tried to book a room at the JFK Hilton in January and it shows unavailable. Checking further, the hotel is unavailable for at least two months prior to January. Is the hotel closing? Being taken over by another company??
Old Aug 3, 2023, 5:11 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bkkth
I tried to book a room at the JFK Hilton in January and it shows unavailable. Checking further, the hotel is unavailable for at least two months prior to January. Is the hotel closing? Being taken over by another company??
Will be converted into affordable housing.

https://gothamist.com/news/jfk-airpo...ousing-complex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.