Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
We stayed at the Hilton JFK on 3/17 for one night, after arriving back in the US from 40 hours of flights and layovers on the way back from Bali. The hotel has apparently been open about a week. It's definitely been refurbished. We were given a room on the 12th floor (which was a few doors down from the executive lounge). The hallways were fresh and the room had new furniture and windows. It looked quite nice, although the furniture had a bit of the Hampon Inn look. The bathroom was small, but nicely done with a Euro-style tile shower which worked well.

There was some confusion with the opening hours of the executive lounge and availabilty of breakfast. We were told that breakfast would be available from 6am in the lounge, but the front desk later told us that it was closed on the weekend. After some confusion whether diamond members would get some sort of breakfast in the ground floor restaurant, the front desk agent comped us a full breakfast buffet, which worked out well.

Location is very near to JFK, although the taxi driver was somewhat confused as he didn't realize that there was a Hilton there now. Showing him the address helped. We didn't use the free shuttle, as this apparently involved an Airtrain ride to the Federal Center station to access the hotel shuttles and we were just too tired to go through the process.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:40 am

Stayed at this hotel last Friday (23 March). Used the shuttle from Federal Circle, after a 20 minute wait I had to ring and request, the shuttle arrived 10 minutes later.

Very friendly check in staff, given a room on 11th floor. As Hilton Gold, received a voucher for free appetiser and non alcoholic drink in the restaurant, and also voucher for breakfast. I didn't use either, as I was still stuffed from the transatlantic flight and left before the restaurant opened for breakfast.

Shuttle back to the airport runs at the top and bottom of the hour, and drops at departure terminal.

The corridors still have that 'new carpet' smell, room was great, plenty of room and great view over the cargo ramp! Room felt totally new. Struggled with logging on to free wifi, ended up buying wifi access instead, but instantly comped the next morning.

Aircon was ineffective and ended up having to open the window.

Fitness room was ok with half a dozen pieces of equipment. There is a small pool as well.

Overall, highly recommended.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Hilton JFK questions

I currently have a reservation for four nights in December at a Garden Inn in Manhattan. I am considering changing it to the Hilton JFK (which is considerably less expensive).

Questions:

1. How long will it take me to get into/out of Manhattan by public transportation (I am not going to be renting a car)?

2. What kind of neighborhood is the Hilton in and are there places to eat within walking distance?

3. Have any of you stayed there? If so, how is the hotel?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:54 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ght=hilton+jfk

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ght=hilton+jfk
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Thanks. Those links give me some idea about my third question, but unfortunately don't address the first two at all.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:37 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster

1. How long will it take me to get into/out of Manhattan by public transportation (I am not going to be renting a car)?
Hopstop.com says no matter which method of public transportation you take it's about an hour and a half. The easiest may be to take the shuttle to the airport, airtrain, and then subway into the city. Exact time depends on where in Manhattan you are going.

2. What kind of neighborhood is the Hilton in and are there places to eat within walking distance?
That's kind of a weird area, there's hotels along the main road, but it's residential right behind it. So it's a mixed area, depending on which side of the hotel you get it may be noisy or it may be very quiet. I don't think there's anything to eat within walking distance, I've stayed in that area several times and always end up grabbing something at the airport or when I get to where I'm going. I may be wrong though, just nothing strikes me as being around it.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Any recent stays?

Any tips on the shuttle bus or does one have to go to Federal Circle?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Any recent stays?

Any tips on the shuttle bus or does one have to go to Federal Circle?
Stayed here in mid July. Can't speak to the shuttle bus as I didn't use it, but found it to be a decent property -- good hard product, soft product very much lacking.

As a Gold, upgraded to executive floor. Opted for breakfast in the restaurant, where there's a five dollar upcharge for "hot" items (very limited selection).

The room was in great shape, though about five minutes after we arrived, they announced that the water would be shut off for five minutes to make some "emergency repairs." Can't really fault them, as it very well may have been out of their control, but the water ended up being off for 30 minutes or so.

The next morning, I went down to the lobby to request extra towels. I asked for them to be brought to the front desk, as my fiance was still asleep. I waited for 10 minutes before the front desk employee called housekeeping once more, after which a housekeeper came down with the towels and explained that she knocked on the door to our room and nobody answered, so she didn't think we wanted them anymore

Overall, pretty par for the course for the NYC airport hotels I've tried.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:08 am

But of a bump, but hey ho.

I have a reservation for my family of 4 here for a night stop before transatlantic to London. I'm arriving on an 22.15 AA flight into T8.

What way would you suggest is the quickest way to get to the Hotel? Is there a taxi rank right outside T8? Are there long queues and therefore is it better to simply get the transit to federal circle and get the free bus?

Our flight to London doesn't take off until 21.55 the next day, so we were planning to go into Manhattan for a visit to times square or central park for 3 or 4 hours. Leaving no later than 5 pm for our journey back to JFK.

Whats the favoured way for 4 persons to get from the Hilton JFK to Manhattan and back again, when taking speed and price into consideration?

AS for luggage, am I best leaving it at the Hilton collecting it about 6pm or so? Or is there a left luggage area at JFK T7 (Ba flight) to store it at?

THanks
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:46 pm

Had a recent stay here that was very good overall.

Booked a suite since my wife and child were with me, so no insight on UGs. I was given a 2 pm checkout when I asked for it, and they comped my parking. All the staff I encountered were very helpful and pleasant. Room service food was actually very good. Room was fairly good (the one minor quibble was the wire basket in the shower lets the shampoo and conditioner fall through unless you're incredibly careful). Lounge was pretty standard (nice person on duty, decent breakfast), there was plenty of room when I went for breakfast.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, UR, IHG, HH, BA, CC
Just spent a night here on the way back from India. Room was very dated, and in an area basically filled with airport hotels. Staff was nice, no recognition of Gold except for a bottle of water. I wouldn't stay here again.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed there in the summer 2013; award stay on 40,000 points.
as Gold upgraded to a very nice corner suite.
granted lounge access but by the time I got there in the morning the food was gone (my fault for sleeping late).
Slow check in but it was late at night and several groups were checking in at the same time. I guess it is better in the day.
Check out no problem

Would definitely stay again if I need a JFK hotel in the future.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Getting into JFK ~10pm in June. Wanting a HHonors property I did some search.

Looked here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post21990514

Here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...k-airport.html

and Here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...k-airport.html

With MVP I can get the HI or HGI for $168 and the Hilton for $250 (prices inclusive of tax).

Really will only need a bed for the night before heading to Manhattan then next day, so the cheaper the better.

Each can be had for 40K HHonors (the HI for 16K + $78).

I would appreciate contemporary comments on the properties (it seems the HI has fixed their shuttle issue) and other possibilities.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
Getting into JFK ~10pm in June. Wanting a HHonors property I did some search.

Looked here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post21990514

Here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...k-airport.html

and Here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...k-airport.html

With MVP I can get the HI or HGI for $168 and the Hilton for $250 (prices inclusive of tax).

Really will only need a bed for the night before heading to Manhattan then next day, so the cheaper the better.

Each can be had for 40K HHonors (the HI for 16K + $78).

I would appreciate contemporary comments on the properties (it seems the HI has fixed their shuttle issue) and other possibilities.
If your focus is on affordability and are there just for one night before Manhattan, I would definitely go with Hilton Garden Inn. I have stayed at both the HGI & Hilton many times and the Hilton is nicer (better bedding) but I don't consider it worth $250/night (frankly at that rate I would rather pay $100+ more and stay at the Conrad in Manhattan). In fact when that Hilton goes above $200 Breakfast is best at HGI unless you prefer having an EL like the Hilton has. If you are using points, definitely the Hilton. HI is fine just a definite step down and I am just rather averse to HI breakfast's so I don't stay there is there is another Hilton propery nearby.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by nainas28
Just spent a night here on the way back from India. Room was very dated, and in an area basically filled with airport hotels. Staff was nice, no recognition of Gold except for a bottle of water. I wouldn't stay here again.
Perhaps some rooms have been remodeled but not others....my room appeared to have been redone fairly recently.

Yes, it's an airport hotel, so it's surrounded by airport hotels. Unless you want to be near the airport (or Great Neck in my case), there's no reason to stay here. The location is one of its main selling points, but only if you're interested in the location (if that makes sense).

As Diamond, got a white bag with water, apples, and a bag of trail mix at check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.