Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 8:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

For those who are always saying that both the DT and HI are dumps and wish there was someplace else, there will be.
for those who know the layout. It will be on the South side of The Belt Pway. (the side of JFK) Itll be a block past AviStars Parking Lot. Nothing at all in the area but them, so you'll have to eat in or order with whom ever has a delivery service. ( Its on the opposite side from where the HI is.). the bad part or good part is that its a block away from the Sanitation Depot , which in the summer you'll know is near by. The good when theres snow the plows will be by there 1st and should be wide open. I remember seeing this place being built last fall, just there wasnt any signs telling which chain is coming in.
With their shuttle it should be max 5 mins to the term area. hate to see the rates.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 9:27 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's showing as $129 Weekends, $159 weekdays on the website for April.

I would have thought it would have been much higher.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
They've been building this since last year. Only recently did this hotel start to take on the characterists of its name.

The speculation was killing us on the NY boards.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 10:54 am

Programs: UA *G
HGI coming to JFK!

For once, perhaps we have a decent hotel at JFK. Hilton Garden Inn coming in February 2005. I really want to stay their the first night.. We'll see what happens. It looks to be a new (non-converted) property. Along with the Metropolitan conversion, Hilton is getting agressive in NY.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Where exactly is it? Some HH properties near JFK are in neighborhoods so bad I wouldn't stay there again even if it meant sleeping in the airport. I don't want to be a prisoner in any hotel.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 2:03 pm

To be honest, I know the feeling around JFK. I usually travel with my mother, and she does NOT want to run into Manhattan, and our flights just don't connect so we have to speak the night.
The address is 148-18 134th Street Jamaica Ny. I don't orient around there very well, but if anyone can explain where it is in relation to the Radisson I'll know where it's located.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 2:57 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...&highlight=jfk
Old Nov 14, 2004, 3:36 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by JBLUA320
To be honest, I know the feeling around JFK. I usually travel with my mother, and she does NOT want to run into Manhattan, and our flights just don't connect so we have to speak the night.
The address is 148-18 134th Street Jamaica Ny. I don't orient around there very well, but if anyone can explain where it is in relation to the Radisson I'll know where it's located.

This link

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?zo...n_y=0&BFKey=ho

should show both of the hotels on the map. If that doens't work, try this one

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W5AB257C9

The hilton is the dot in the center, the Raddison is the second closest one to that to the right.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 8:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Seems there's no fabulous neighborhood near JFK for a hotel, but an HGI should be a BIG improvement over the Hampton, and maybe the Doubletree Club... I'll keep an eye on the reports here! Thanks for the notice, JBLUA320.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 3:54 pm

Was this the one just off the Belt that looked a bit like the uniform Four Points design?
Old Nov 20, 2004, 7:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It will be on the south side of the belt-pkway. It looks like any other HGI or Fairfield Inn, Comfort Inn etc. That was the problem all along there was no sign saying what was being built and today they all look the same as they are beiing built.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anybody stayed there?? It's a category 4 property!!!!!
Old Jun 20, 2005, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Thumbs up

This is welcome news. I only hope they keep the hotel rates more reasonable than the other NY hotels.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
OK, maybe I'm missing something, but looking at the hotel page there is nothing about a shuttle to the airport.

There is something about transportation to local attractions, but no mention of an airport shuttle. Can an airport hotel a quarter mile from a major airport actually NOT have an airport shuttle?
Old Jun 20, 2005, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Originally Posted by flyinbob
OK, maybe I'm missing something, but looking at the hotel page there is nothing about a shuttle to the airport.

There is something about transportation to local attractions, but no mention of an airport shuttle. Can an airport hotel a quarter mile from a major airport actually NOT have an airport shuttle?
You could always call them and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.