Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2003, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't recall the room number sequence, but for non-suite rooms, IMHO the best are on the corner with the main window facing Times Square (and the new Westin Times Square) in one direction, and the very small corner window facing the Hudson in the other (you won't really see much of the Hudson between the buildings however).

The biggest advantage to these corner rooms are not so much the view, as it is the fact that they have a bit more square footage than the other standard rooms.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 08-29-2003).]
Old Aug 29, 2003, 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into it!

Old Jun 30, 2004, 2:13 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Question Hilton Times Square -- Exec Lounge?

Coming to NYC for 3 nights in Nov.

King pricing @ Waldorf is $379, Times Square Hilton is $299.

Read recent threads re difficulty of lounge access @ W-A.

There's no exec lounge at the Hilton Times Square, correct?????

Thanks.

Mark
Old Jun 30, 2004, 3:43 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Correct !

Correct - I stayed there a couple of times and no exec lounge ...

John P.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:23 am

2 small cats @ Hilton Times Square?

I was told that they only allow 1 pet under 50 pounds with a refundable deposit. How can I get around this. I do not desire to try to "sneak" them in if possible. I will be staying there for only a day with HHonors points.

Thanks,
Robert
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:27 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I would checkin and not mention anything and bring your cats to your room without causing a fuss. Pets are allowed so unless asked I would say nothing.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by fromYXU
I would checkin and not mention anything and bring your cats to your room without causing a fuss. Pets are allowed so unless asked I would say nothing.
Thanks. Will do that. Also staying a night at a Marriott Times Square w/Amex rewards and 2 nights at Holiday Inn Martinique w/Priority Club points. Will do the same at these hotels too.

Robert
Old Jan 6, 2005, 7:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
You might think about the fact that Housekeeping will be in your room once or twice a day (turndown service can happen when you least expect it) and figure out in advance where the cats will be during that time. If they're running loose in the room, Housekeeping could get a real surprise.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
You might think about the fact that Housekeeping will be in your room once or twice a day (turndown service can happen when you least expect it) and figure out in advance where the cats will be during that time. If they're running loose in the room, Housekeeping could get a real surprise.
Thanks. Thought about this. Since only staying a day at the Hilton and Marriott, I will just restrict access to Housekeeping. As for the Holiday Inn 2 day stay, that will take a little more ingenuity. Maybe as a Ambassador with Priority Club I will be able to circumvent this.

Robert
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
You could just keep the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door all of the time. If they knock and say, "Housekeeping", just say, "No thanks, I am all set."
That has kept housekeeping away from my room, especially those times when I covered the whole room in vaseline.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:42 pm

I disagree with most of the advice given so far. You should let the hotel know that you have a pet (especially a cat) as they might put you in a room that's alredy been used for this purpose. Perhaps just mention that you have one cat, but definitely let them know.

Given how many people out there have pet allergies (cat allergies are especially common), a hotel that allows pets should either keep special rooms available for pet owners (which hopefully won't be assigned to allergy sufferers) or - but this is not as effective for allergy sufferers and probably not practical for the hotel- have the room deep cleaned afterwards. 24 hours are sufficent for a small hotel room with carpets and drapes to become fully saturated with catness and to give the next allergy-suffering guest a nice asthma attack.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Concur

Originally Posted by honu
I disagree with most of the advice given so far. You should let the hotel know that you have a pet (especially a cat) as they might put you in a room that's alredy been used for this purpose. Perhaps just mention that you have one cat, but definitely let them know.

Given how many people out there have pet allergies (cat allergies are especially common), a hotel that allows pets should either keep special rooms available for pet owners (which hopefully won't be assigned to allergy sufferers) or - but this is not as effective for allergy sufferers and probably not practical for the hotel- have the room deep cleaned afterwards. 24 hours are sufficent for a small hotel room with carpets and drapes to become fully saturated with catness and to give the next allergy-suffering guest a nice asthma attack.
I'm going to be at the hotel for two nights 1/14 & 1/15 and I am very allergic to cats. You should let management know that you have a little beasty so they can isolate you - preferably at the DT. Just kidding.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), AS MVPG, DL DM, HH Dia(life), Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat
Would the same advice apply to those of us who have extreme allergies to small children????
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:15 pm

Times Square Hilton-Presidential Suite?

Has anyone stayed in the Presidential Suite at the TS Hilton? Is it worth paying for, or only good if upgraded? We need 2 rooms and it costs a bit more for this suite, rather than hope for connecting rooms.
Old May 2, 2005, 6:23 am

Has anyone even seen the inside of this suite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.