Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:22 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
Never stayed at the HTS, but I was at the Doubltree Guest Suites TS. Was upgrade to a corner room with a fabulous view of TS. I have Diamond status so breakfast was included. Cooked to order eggs, waffles, pancakes. Buffet meats, yogurt, etc.

Drawbacks - no pool, no on-site parking.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 4:41 pm

Kudos to Times Square Hilton

From the 44th floor- once again upgraded to a lovely suite- one of my favorite ny hotels.

Old Dec 26, 2002, 6:14 pm

I personally prefer this property as well.

------------------
The perfect ladies' man is a perfect gentleman.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
As a Gold, they didn't give me a suite because I had a low rate ($161 over Labor Day weekend), but I got their daily breakfast buffet comped ($18 to those paying for it). Room was nice with a great view of the river and lower Manhattan. Very close to subway stop and of course, Times Sq. Liked it better than the NYHilton.
Old Dec 27, 2002, 10:24 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I'm in the Waldorf over Christmas - next time, I will probably do the Times Sq Hilton - had a much better experience there in Jan 02 - sounds like the best option - Waldorf is living on its past glories & its name !!

John P.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 8:22 am

Hilton Times Square 12/31/2002 to 1/2/2003

We stayed at the Hilton Times Square for two nights starting New Years Eve. We reserved a deluxe room and were assigned 29th floor corner room overlooking 42nd street. I liked the little sculptures by Tom Otterness scattered thoughout the hotel as well as the other artwork.

I believe the entire property offers free high speed internet access.

When we were out, they turned down the bed, and left two mints on the nightstand.

They did not offer any breakfast certificates until I asked, then they had to send them up a few hours later. On New Years day, the restaurant was very busy and we had to wait 30 minutes for a table. On a normal day, there no waiting and the service was good. The free breakfast was good, hot eggs, smoked salmon, pastries, home fries, bacon, sausages, etc.

I was raped on the room rate though, it was a last minute surprise for the significant other to see the ball drop rather than watching it on TV this year. If you wanted a late check out, they charge $25 / hour up to 4pm, full day rate after that.

[This message has been edited by Tummy (edited 01-05-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Tummy (edited 01-05-2003).]
Old Jan 5, 2003, 5:09 pm

Tummy,
Are you an Hhonors member? Hhonors members are supposed to receive complimentary late check-out when available. If they have availability "for sale," they certainly should have offered a comlimentary late check-out for hhonors members. If you are an hhonors member and they had availability yet insisted on charging you for it, you may want to speak with the hhonors manager or call the hhonors desk. On the other hand, if you are not yet an hhonors member, sign up, it's free.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
anyone else stay here
Old Jan 5, 2003, 6:54 pm

Stayed there many times, although not during a peak weekend. Great with Golds & regulars. No lounge. Decent Gold/Diamond breakfast. Great location.

Search for my posts for detail.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 7:40 pm

Hi,

Yes, I'm gold and hope to make diamond this year.

Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tummy:

I was raped on the room rate though, ....
[/B]</font>
excuse me?

I don't think there is ANY true comparaison between being overcharged on a hotel room and being raped...

Old Jan 5, 2003, 10:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by squeakr:
excuse me?

I don't think there is ANY true comparaison between being overcharged on a hotel room and being raped...

</font>
Please excuse my apparently overdramatic hyperbole. I have tended to be too informal in my speech and will remember to be totally expressionless when posting on this board in the future.

Thank you.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed here many times. Good hotel. Good staff. Good upgrade (and only a Gold).

And I usually manage a pretty good rate.

But prices are usually based on demand, so you pretty much have to pay what you agreed when you reserved it.

Or you can always stay elsewhere.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:50 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tummy:
Please excuse my apparently overdramatic hyperbole. I have tended to be too informal in my speech and will remember to be totally expressionless when posting on this board in the future.

Thank you.
</font>
thanks for your prompt attention ...
Old Jan 12, 2003, 11:08 am

Please excuse my apparently overdramatic hyperbole</font>
We'll excuse your tautology too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.