Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2003, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
On a map it appears that this property is close to the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT). If we have luggage, would it be a reasonable walk from the PABT to the hotel? Our luggage has wheels, so I'm primarily concerned about things like long staircases that might be difficult with luggage.

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
It is very close to the Port Authority. If you are coming in on Greyhound, Tarilways or Peter Pan then you will usually arrive on oe of the lower levels and there are escalators to go up to the street level. If you are coming in on a local transit (like NJ Transit) and arrive on the upper levels then you usually have to come down stairs, although hidden somewhere there is a handicapped access, but I, and my bad knee have never found it.
When you come out the front door of the Port, turn left to the street, then cross to the right and the hotel is just up the street on the right. I live on the road, and hoof my bag all over town.
Judy J
Old Jan 22, 2003, 9:43 pm

If you ride to PABT on any of the Northeast Pool intercity carriers (Greyhound, Peter Pan Trailways, or Adirondack Trailways), or other intercity carriers like Bonanza, etc., the arrivals level is underground.

If you arrive via airport shuttle from EWR, or any other non-intercity carrier, you'll arrive on an upper level.

You can use elevators and/or escalators that are nearby to get to the street level of PABT. Escalators are more accessible for moving from the lower Intercity level to street level, and elevators are more accessible for moving from areas like the upper bus levels to street level.

If they are not readily seen by you, all you have to do is ask someone, and they'll be happy to point them out for you.

As JudyJFLA said, as soon as you exit the terminal, cross the street, and you're there. There are no staircases to worry about, as you'll have to take an elevator to get to the lobby level.

Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum is on the ground level of the property, and it's almost confusing, as you can walk right by where you have to enter to get to the elevators.

Enjoy the view from the Lobby Bar, as well as its ambiance!

------------------
The perfect ladies' man is a perfect gentleman.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 10:31 pm

Thanks, folks. We'll be coming in from EWR so it looks like we'll be arriving on an upper level. We'll look for the elevator, follow your directions, and it sounds like we'll be at the hotel in no time. And thanks for the hint about Madame Tussaud's. I've been on 42nd St a number of times and have somehow never noticed the entrance to this hotel.

Sometimes it just amazes me how quickly I can get help on FT. You guys are great!
Old Jan 22, 2003, 11:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Westcoaster:
And thanks for the hint about Madame Tussaud's. I've been on 42nd St a number of times and have somehow never noticed the entrance to this hotel.</font>
No problem! Hilton signage is there, but with all of the other things around it, it's really easy to miss.

A few more notes on the airport bus: When you take the Coach USA bus from EWR, the elevator is right there after you go inside the PABT terminal. Most of the people will be heading in the same direction as you, which makes things easy for you to see.

Make sure you purchase the round trip airport bus ticket, as it's much cheaper, and get a timetable from the counter at EWR, so you know what the bus schedule is for the return trip.

On your return, you will board from the same gate at PABT that you arrive, unless you leave in the very early morning (prior to 07:00), in which case you will board from the lower level Greyhound gates. Again, there are plenty of people in uniform who can point you in the right direction.

------------------
Old Jan 23, 2003, 8:23 pm

Thanks ever so, studley. Think I'll see if I can print out a schedule at Coach USA's website before I go. I never seem to have much luck picking those things up in the New York area. Seems like subway maps, bus maps, etc. are hard to find. The locals don't need 'em, I guess.

And as for asking for help at the PABT, I'll do it if I need to. But it always seems to take me a day or so to get into NYC mode when I'm there. The locals zoom by me so fast it's positively windy and they talk funny. (They don't stand "in" line, they stand "on" line -- you know how it is.) We slow moving Seattle types are just no match for 'em.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to the TS Hilton after all of the reviews. I'll try to remember to add my experience to the thread when I get back.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 8:56 pm

Westcoaster, you're welcome!

Good idea, going to Coach's website for a timetable, although you should have no problem getting one from the counter where you get the bus tickets at EWR.

I know what you mean about NYC Mode - I'm in that mode when I step off the aircraft at EWR.

------------------
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Hilton Time Square & jacuzzi

Heard there is a 1 bedroom jacuzzi suite here.. what is the jacuzzi like. is it a real one with bubble for 2 people or simply a decent bathtub?
Old Feb 12, 2003, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold, , IHG Gold
Just a decent bathtub. The suites are nice, but since they have so few, they are hard to come by, even for Diamonds.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 9:08 am

No larger than a decent bathtub.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 4:37 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Hilton Times Square

I'm writing this from my room at the TS Hilton. I got upgraded to a Deluxe King room on the 43rd floor, great view. The room is very nice, huge for NYC and it has free high speed internet. Also got a choice of 500 miles per day or free breakfast (got the breakfast).
So far, I absolutely love it. I got a rate of USD 167.- per night. For this price, it's a great value.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 8:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by huegli:
Also got a choice of 500 miles per day or free breakfast (got the breakfast).</font>
Was this a special promo? And if so, assuming you are Gold, couldn't you get the breakfast from status AND the miles from the promo?

Also, check your e-mail...

Old Feb 21, 2003, 9:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I'm gold, and they always offer one or the other, not both there, I always go for the breakfast, as it's fairly decent.

Old Feb 22, 2003, 7:41 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have booked a room there for three nights at the end of March. I am Hilton Gold. Do you have to ask for the breakfast cert.? Also, someone on these boards said it's for the breakfast buffet? Is that correct or is it a continental? One good breakfast and we'll be set for the rest of the day! I am taking two nineteen year olds to the city for a long weekend. I also have a concierge level room at the waldorf booked. The girls say they want times square though, so I guess I'll cancel the waldorf.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 10:35 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
I didn't have to ask for the certificates (I'm Gold also). I entered "Gold VIP, please upgrade" to the comments section when making my reservation online, and that took care of things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.