Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:13 pm

If you can't afford the 3000 bucks for a Doubletree suite, try making a reservation at the Renaissance hotel's restaurant (Can't remember the name). Great view of Time Square from the window seats.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier Executive, Hilton Gold
I remember in the pre-911 and cattle pen setup in Times Square, it was easy to get good seats at usually sold out shows at 1/2 price booth on New Year's eve. Does anyone know if this is still possible?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by doctor dan
if you want a really great seat for the show (and the ability to use albeit horrendous restrooms) go to the horrendous howard johnson's diner and get a window seat. and keep warm.
Catching up on my reading here, so my reply comes a bit late for this topic even though we haven't yet reached New Years Eve yet.

That said, don't be making any plans to sit in that HoJo's in the future. The building was sold back in April of this year, along with a few others next to it. All are expected to be torn down to make way for a new building. I believe that the last day of business for that Howard Johnsons occured just last month in June.

A brief story from NY1 News can be found here.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by AlanB
That said, don't be making any plans to sit in that HoJo's in the future. The building was sold back in April of this year, along with a few others next to it. All are expected to be torn down to make way for a new building. I believe that the last day of business for that Howard Johnsons occured just last month in June.
Mrs. Xyzzy and I hadn't been to a HJ in *years* (having grown up with them seemingly at every highway exit) and wanted to go to this location for a while. We finally did so a couple of months ago. What a let down. It was quite shabby, the service sucked, and the food was nothing special. In short, it seemed to us as if they were living off the nostalgia of the name on the door and nothing more. I'll still be sad to see it go.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: AE, HHG
Hilton Times Square

Have decide on HTS. Sunday April 9 one night Hilton Net rate $266. I am Gold. Do I hold out?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by marley
Have decide on HTS. Sunday April 9 one night Hilton Net rate $266. I am Gold. Do I hold out?
HOLD OUT FOR WHAT?

COULDN'T YOU HAVE POSTED THIS IN THE THREAD YOU ALREADY CREATED INSTEAD OF CREATING ANOTHER THREAD??????
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
HOLD OUT FOR WHAT?

COULDN'T YOU HAVE POSTED THIS IN THE THREAD YOU ALREADY CREATED INSTEAD OF CREATING ANOTHER THREAD??????
This time I agree with you....why multiple post?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:46 am

HOLD OUT FOR WHAT?

Thanks again for your help Elite. I'm already getting that warm NY feeling from you and your helpful posts.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Smile

Originally Posted by marley
Thanks again for your help Elite. I'm already getting that warm NY feeling from you and your helpful posts.

Good! Then pay attention and apply what I've shared!
Old Feb 25, 2006, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

Good! Then pay attention and apply what I've shared!
Lighten up
Old Feb 25, 2006, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by mikey1003
Lighten up
of course the Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North, NY is only $180 for that night. Nice hotel. The Hilton TS doesn't have anything special for golds really since there's no lounge nor-exexc rooms. Why not save the $$ and go to the new hampton.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 4:32 pm

Programs: CO Platt,Hilton Dmnd,Marriott Platt,Hertz Presidents Circle,Avis Preferred Select
How about the Double Tree in Times Square.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
of course the Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North, NY is only $180 for that night. Nice hotel. The Hilton TS doesn't have anything special for golds really since there's no lounge nor-exexc rooms. Why not save the $$ and go to the new hampton.
I understand that the Hilton TS will give Gold members breakfast coupons.
DoubleTree considerably more...
TripAdvisor and this site gives HTS great reviews...
AM I being stingy by expecting to pay less than $266?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:55 pm

Programs: CO Platt,Hilton Dmnd,Marriott Platt,Hertz Presidents Circle,Avis Preferred Select
I had a very good stay at the Double Tree TS a few weeks ago. I believe that they run about $250 on a regular basis.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 7:05 pm

It looks like the DT cross town on lex is $170 that night. The New York Hilton is $230. I've always been upgraded at the NY Hilton and never been upgraded at the HST. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.