Search

Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2000, 1:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Arrow Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Is this a new hotel? Has anyone stayed there and what are your comments?

I'll be staying there with business associates for a week in September. It's either that or the NY Hilton.

Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2000, 3:35 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
yes...it is a new property...not open until May.....
Old Mar 23, 2000, 2:23 pm

If you don't mind an old hotel( they were "rejuvinating" it in October), crowded, with a breakfast room in the basement ( no sun light!), old rooms...BUT a great location ( a stone's throw from MoMa, Central Park), then go to the NY Hilton!

Gemini
Old Mar 24, 2000, 10:03 am

Celestar340 et al -- Adding to what Gemini mentioned, the Hilton New York is just putting the finishing touches on an $80 million renovation. As Gemini pointed out, great location....but they've also done a tremendous job updating the hotel.

Gemini -- Check it out next time you're in NYC...you'll be amazed by what they've accomplished!

All the best,

Adam
Old Mar 24, 2000, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
i share adam's assessment of the renovationsat the new york hilton.

i live only a few blocks away, so i've had the opportunity to follow the hotel's progress over the past year or so. i went in a few weeks ago and was absolutely astounded.

they've taken a hotel that was far past its prime and made it into somewhat of a showplace once again. (in fairness, i should say that i haven't actually seen the guest rooms, yet... just the public areas, the restaurants, meeting rooms and ballrooms. but folks who have stayed there have said ithe rooms have been updated nicely, too.)
Old Mar 27, 2000, 2:58 pm

I stayed at the NY Hilton last night. The renovations are still not complete (parts of the lobby are not done, and there were cheerful guys carrying ladders around) but I had a renovated room. Very nice.
Old Mar 29, 2000, 9:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
A friend and I stayed there on a Point Stretcher award two weekends ago. The room was nicely done and we both remarked at how quiet it was, both from street noise and between rooms. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 03-29-2000).]
Old May 29, 2000, 7:29 am
Commander Catcop

A visit to the Hilton Times Square (LINK!)

For the Hilton lurkers... Just some impressions on a quick tour of the place. I have NOT stayed here yet...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/000922.html
Old Jun 3, 2000, 12:40 pm
Original Member

Hilton Times Square Trip Reports and Reviews

Well - being the crazy diamond - I tried out the Time Square Hilton as soon as it opened.

Its kind of hard to find admid the neon glow of the surrounding broadway theaters, tacky tourist restaurants, etc. But I guess that's the charm!

The entrance way on the ground is very sterile - you ride an elevator up to the lobby.

I stayed there on a sunday night - I think the place had opened up just on that previous friday night.

I asked about an upgrade from a standard room, but since the suites and the hhonors floors hadn't been finished yet, I ended up in a standard room (first time in a long time!)

anyway - the standard room was very nice - good job hilton! I had a lovely view facing north. Everything was sparkling clean.

Service throughout was excellent - probably the best I've seen at a domestic hilton. Of course everyone was brand new. I even chatted with the cleaning staff and the women who came to turn down the bed. Everyone seemed very excited and extra aware of giving good customer service. I stay at the W (all three of them) all the time and well, I feel lucky if any one working there acknowledges my presence.

The next morning I showed up at the restaurant with a breakfast certificate. I'm not sure they had seen one before, but I was presented with a very impressive bread basket and awesome service. Though there was only one other occupied table.

On the elevator I also met the GM, Russell Menkes. Very friendly guy. There was a new employee in the lobby with her parents and he took time to chat with them.

The only odd thing was when returning late at night as I was entering the downstairs lobby a security guard asked what I was doing. I responded "I'm a guest" - he seemed a bit too taken aback.

So thumbs up! I stay quite a bit at the waldorf where jackie at the diamond desk takes good care of me and also at the towers were aida is also quite excellent, but I will now also stay at the times square hilton. Now if they ever had any availability!!!

Brady Ho
Old Jun 4, 2000, 6:34 am
Commander Catcop

Late nights at many NYC hotels after a certain hour (like 11pm) Security is supposed to ask what people are doing in a hotel lobby. Most require you to show room keys (Marriott World Trade Center, Essex House are just two of them.)

It's to make sure only hotel guests and NOT overnight "visitors" are using the facilities.

I think the rule applies for the Hilton TImes Sq (I would hope so, it's high people traffic there now at all hours!)
Old Dec 1, 2000, 11:24 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I just booked the Hilton Times Square for mid week in December, and selected a value rate of $350. Is this a typical mid week rate for this hotel? Many other hotels were sold out, or had hire rates. Any other tips on this hotel? Do they have a towers lounge, or registration on the towers floor?
Old Dec 1, 2000, 12:41 pm

This is December. Despite the weather, it is a prime tourist season. On top of that, business travel to NYC is near an all-time high. $350 for Hilton in NYC is not unexpected, but you may be able to push for something a little better.

BTW, the New York Hilton (6th & 53rd St) has IMHO the best Executive Lounge on the 44th floor; is very busy; has slow elevators and one usually out of service; clean, fresh guest rooms. I agree with Adam, it is a terrific property with excellent location (now if only they can have all the elevators running at the same time).

------------------
He who dies with the most miles ... is dead.
Old Dec 1, 2000, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I stayed at the Hilton Times Square a month ago. The room was pleasant, the location good for the Times Square and theatre "action." Had breakfast in the Lobby restaurant - lousy service but great fresh squeezed OJ, and as much as you could drink. And to save the best for last, there is a Cinnabun in the food court downstairs.
Old Dec 3, 2000, 4:07 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I just called the hotel to see if they have an executive/concierge level. They tell me this level is still under development, but that HH Gold/Diamonds are provided with upgraded rooms and free breakfast. The rep said an upgraded room would be a king superior or possibly a suite.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 6:37 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
NYC Times Sq Hilton, Winter Value rate = double dip?

will the Winter Value Rate (Plan Code Bi) of US$159 plus taxes that I paid for the Catman-Do-III stay qualify for duble dip (miles to my Qualiflyer program, points to HHonors)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.