FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Times Square {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2000, 12:40 pm
WPaladin
Original Member

Hilton Times Square Trip Reports and Reviews

Well - being the crazy diamond - I tried out the Time Square Hilton as soon as it opened.

Its kind of hard to find admid the neon glow of the surrounding broadway theaters, tacky tourist restaurants, etc. But I guess that's the charm!

The entrance way on the ground is very sterile - you ride an elevator up to the lobby.

I stayed there on a sunday night - I think the place had opened up just on that previous friday night.

I asked about an upgrade from a standard room, but since the suites and the hhonors floors hadn't been finished yet, I ended up in a standard room (first time in a long time!)

anyway - the standard room was very nice - good job hilton! I had a lovely view facing north. Everything was sparkling clean.

Service throughout was excellent - probably the best I've seen at a domestic hilton. Of course everyone was brand new. I even chatted with the cleaning staff and the women who came to turn down the bed. Everyone seemed very excited and extra aware of giving good customer service. I stay at the W (all three of them) all the time and well, I feel lucky if any one working there acknowledges my presence.

The next morning I showed up at the restaurant with a breakfast certificate. I'm not sure they had seen one before, but I was presented with a very impressive bread basket and awesome service. Though there was only one other occupied table.

On the elevator I also met the GM, Russell Menkes. Very friendly guy. There was a new employee in the lobby with her parents and he took time to chat with them.

The only odd thing was when returning late at night as I was entering the downstairs lobby a security guard asked what I was doing. I responded "I'm a guest" - he seemed a bit too taken aback.

So thumbs up! I stay quite a bit at the waldorf where jackie at the diamond desk takes good care of me and also at the towers were aida is also quite excellent, but I will now also stay at the times square hilton. Now if they ever had any availability!!!

Brady Ho