Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dresden {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
You're most welcome - Dresden is a great city.

BTW if you look at the photo of the exterior of the church that is posted upthread, the black squares on the right are stones salvaged from the original church. They were integrated into the design as a rememberance of February 1945.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

We just complete two stays here, sandwiching a trip to Prague. We used points for the executive suite at the start of our trip. It cost 71K points/night versus 40K for a base room. We love having a lot of space. The suite is in the near corner of the hotel, just a short walk from the elevator. It overlooks the Frauenkirche and the old town area in front of it. For our return of one night, I had used a free night cert plus 12K extra points to get the bi level room. Staff very kindly gave us the executive suite on our return. Our first two nights were in 5037. Our final night was in 4037, the same as shown in BotB's pictures upthread. I prefer the suite on the 4th floor. The windows were double size and had wonderful views compared to the top floor.

Staff was gracious and service was excellent. We were allowed breakfast in the lobby or in the lounge, as we preferred. Food in the lounge was unremarkable but it was a great place to get cold beverages.

We are well in Dresden, choosing primarily Michelin bib gourmand restaurants. Ven was in walking distance of the hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I have a stay here early next week but my reservation details have dissappeared from my Hhonors account (all other reservations can be accessed which should exclude an IT glich).
I get a message saying that my reservation can't be found.

The email address on the hotel's homepage goes to the reservation department which doesn't work on weekends (and the weekend has probably already started there now).

I prefer not to call so my question is:
Does anyone have an email address that goes to the front desk/reception?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by helosc
I have a stay here early next week but my reservation details have dissappeared from my Hhonors account (all other reservations can be accessed which should exclude an IT glich).
I get a message saying that my reservation can't be found.

The email address on the hotel's homepage goes to the reservation department which doesn't work on weekends (and the weekend has probably already started there now).

I prefer not to call so my question is:
Does anyone have an email address that goes to the front desk/reception?
Don't know if this is front desk/reception but on my reservation for early January, the email listed is [email protected] Would love a trip report.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by OB one
Don't know if this is front desk/reception but on my reservation for early January, the email listed is [email protected] Would love a trip report.
Thank you.
This is the email address I used (I should have mentioned the address, sorry) and it came back with an autoreply about 24 hours reply time only on weekdays.

The funny thing is that I suddenly received a confirmation email from the central Hilton reservation department (the kind you get immediately when you book a stay) for this stay ........- I don't know what prodded that: my attempts to access the reservation in my account or the email to the hotel?

I'll report back about my stay but if there's anything specific you want me to check/notice, mention it here so I'll remember.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:14 am

Well, no issues with my reservation.

Booked queen deluxe, received king (double?) executive on 4. floor at the front of the hotel (where the main entrance is).
Big bottle of water + some fruits in the room.

Executive lounge on first floor serves cakes from 15-18 and evening drinks/snacks from 18-20.30 weekdays, 18-20 weekends.
Two kinds of warm dishes (chicken legs and some sort of chili con carne, I think).
Very good cheese selection, bread, some salads (I only remember tomato/mozarella).
Red, white, and sparkling wine (2 kinds!!) but no spirits.
It was very full last night.

Breakfast offered in lounge or in restaurant.
Restaurant seems to have a good selection of everything - the usual hot dishes, omelets can be ordered.
6 kinds of cold cuts (all pork).
Smoked salmon.
Good selection of fresh fruits.
Different sorts of youghurt products and things to put on it.
Very good selection of bread and buns.
Coffee and tea served at the table.

Irrelevant for most people here but important for me: the 'indoor climate' here is very good. The airconditioning system is only for cooling down, so was off and have probably been off for a long time. For heating there is an oldfashioned radiator.
I didn't even have to have a window open in the night (it was extremely cold) and I slept for 11 hours straight and woke up with no blocked nose, no scratchy and dry eyes etc.
I don't know what trickered the sleep marathon - accumulated tiredness, very quiet room, 2 kinds of sparkling wine in the lounge, comfortable bed....

Last edited by helosc; Nov 30, 2016 at 1:20 am
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:22 am

They have a nice spa:
An outdoor jacuzzi, 4 kinds of saunas - steam, bio 65°, an 85°, and a Finnish 90°.
No swimmsuits in sauna area and it is mixed gender.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Thank you for your review, hellos.
I will be there between Christmas and New Year. Last year I received a 'fake' upgrade to Executive Floor. To me they appear stingy about upgrades. However, this year round is high season, although that should calm down a bit between Christmas and New Year for a couple of days.
Other than that I do like the hotel and its location. I avoid rooms facing towards the street because pedestrians can echo loudly in the (middle of the) night. And the street is narrow. Nevertheless, I would not object a room facing towards "Frauenkirche"...
We had a very good restaurant experience at the hotel's "Rossini".
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Helosc thank you for the extensive review. I will make sure not to pack my bathing suit.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:32 am

Helosc thank you for the extensive review. I will make sure not to pack my bathing suit.
But you do need it for the pool and the jacuzzi though.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helosc
But you do need it for the pool and the jacuzzi though.
Okay, you convinced me. I will pack my suit and look forward to some relaxation at the Hiltons in Dresden, Berlin, and Prague Old Town.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
That will be a good trip, we did it a few years ago. Go first on an ICE train if you can.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:52 pm

Okay, you convinced me. I will pack my suit and look forward to some relaxation at the Hiltons in Dresden, Berlin, and Prague Old Town.
My wife and I will be doing Berlin, Dresden and Prague over the holidays, too. We're staying at the Hilton in Berlin and Dresden, but opted for the Augustine (SPG) in Prague.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:44 pm

I stayed here about a week ago with my wife. No upgrade as HH Gold, though we were already in an executive room (cheaper than standard with points). The property is fairly mediocre, though the location is great. The elevators could be a long wait, particularly from the executive lounge floor. Also, I was not a fan of the radiator heating. The front desk seemed to be perpetually occupied with a stream of guests, but the concierge was quite helpful in arranging the shipment of a package back home and calling a taxi for us in the morning.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I completed my stay Dec 26-29. The only thing that appeared mediocre to me was the quality of wine (white/red/sparkling) and the food options were neither convincing. However, the hotel in general looks well managed. The decor is a bit retro (due to the times it has been built), however, staff was great.
I have been pre-upgraded to an executive plus room (i.e., with a view). I visited two restaurants: "Dampfschiff" (good quality, great service) for a late lunch and "Rossini" for dinner (outstanding quality, service not faulty, but there is room for improvement).
Breakfast had several local items on offer, broad choice, good quality. Service welcoming and attentive in general. Reception staff has been very responsive.
So, no complaints here. I will be happy to return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.