Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dresden {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 11:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

The hotel treated this diamond very well. I was upgraded to a 3 room suite, with a large living/dining room overlooking the Frauenkirche and central square. There was a room with a desk in it, not particularly useful, and the bedroom. The bedroom faced the construction across the street.

I was given a bottle of wine, a bottle of water, and a bottle of apple juice. I also got a marzipan candy bar and two apples. Room service brought a pitcher of water and bucket of ice to the room on request for free. (This was not status related.) Internet in the business center was free; I was not told this, and used the internet in the room the first day for a high 22 euro fee.

Dresden was packed with tourists, perhaps due to it being its 600th anniversary. I had windows open to get a cool breeze; there was noise until late at night from the groups of tourists strolling around outside.

The hotel was sold out, not doubt due to its superb location. I highly recommend this hotel as a pleasant property and as the most convenient place for a tourist to stay in Dresden.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Dresden Hilton

The Dresden Hilton has a fair chance to become my favorite Hilton in Germany. During the last months I had a handful of stays there. As this Hotel has no executive floor and no lounge they suprisingly interprete the "best availiable room" in a really literal sense. I ended up three times in a huge three-room suite with "Frauenkirche view" and once in a no smaller two room masionette suite on rates between 100 and 130 Euros. Only once I was give a smaller corner room with Elbe-view.

Full breakfast was free for diamonds, water, fruitplate and chocolates in the room and half a bottle of wine was brought up later, too.

Staff was wonderful, choice of restaurants is great (i think about 10 different), location is second to none...

Cheers
T.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 24, 2006 at 8:48 pm Reason: This milepost (and the following nine mileposts) were merged into this thread unedited. Thank you, SanDiego1K!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:23 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Sounds great, I will be there in 2 weeks and look forward to experience the special service - even though I am "only" Gold and not Diamond.

Can you PM me the eMail-Adress of the Manager, if you have it?
Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:51 am

Here's my take on the hotel from an April stay. Superb service; employees empowered to think outside the box to take care of their customers. I filled out the survey which I subsequently received with very positive feedback, and got a follow up email from the manager. Clearly, he cares about his hotel. ^^^

And the location - fabulous!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I can only second that. Reviewed your prior post and saw that I contributed my two cents, too. But its getting even there as is was during those times:

You get full breakfast for free
Construction near the main entrance is completed (interior fittings left)

The good suites are the ones on the 5th floor (with sleeping room in the 6th) without a specific view and the xx37 (three rooms with Frauenkiche and Palais Kosel view) on every floor. Corner rooms xx00 are not that big but have a really nice too Elbe view.

Cheers
T.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: HH Gold SPG Gold Hyatt Diamond Marriott Gold
We'll be staying at the Hilton in Dresdon for three nights in November. It sounds perfect. My husband and I are taking European delivery of a new BMW in Munich, staying 4 nights at the Munich City Hilton, then 3 nights at the Dresden Hilton, then two nights at the Prague Hilton, and then back to Munich City Hilton for one last night after returning the car to be shipped home, assuming weather permits our driving to all of those places the last week in November. All of our stays will be using HH points; I'm gold.

I would love to hear how you were treated as a gold, berlinflyer, although I'm just excited about staying for free (but gold perks would be nice, too!).

I've read good things about all of these places and can't wait for the trip. Any suggestions on where to eat around these hotels or must-see places???

Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by lewishogs
We'll be staying at the Hilton in Dresden for three nights in November. It sounds perfect. My husband and I are taking European delivery of a new BMW in Munich, staying 4 nights at the Munich City Hilton, then 3 nights at the Dresden Hilton, then two nights at the Prague Hilton, and then back to Munich City Hilton for one last night after returning the car to be shipped home, assuming weather permits our driving to all of those places the last week in November. All of our stays will be using HH points; I'm gold.

I would love to hear how you were treated as a gold, berlinflyer, although I'm just excited about staying for free (but gold perks would be nice, too!).

I've read good things about all of these places and can't wait for the trip. Any suggestions on where to eat around these hotels or must-see places???

Thanks.
Yes, it's a very nice hotel. Due to construction around, I had some difficulties to find the hotel, garage. Perfect and friendly staff.

As a Gold, we got a nice room, free breakfast, some fruits and a small bottle of Saxonian Wine.

Dresden is great! You can walk to most venues ... Frauenkirche, Semper Oper.... Make a tour with a steamer on river Elbe .. to "blaues Wunder", this area is a "World Heritage". The Hilton itself has a couple of very good restaurants.

BTW, the thieves in Prague like new BMWs, so, be prepared to take a train back to MUC....and get the best garage, and insurance.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Thanks for posting this info. I really wanted to head to Dresden over the US Thanksgiving holiday but my wife used her veto power and selected Paris instead. Hopefully I will be able to make it to this property and city before christmas as it is my understanding it is a nice place to be during the holiday season.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
I have stayed there twice as a Gold. The first time we got a suite on the 5th floor which was great. The second time we were given a room on the executive floor which was still nice but....

My only complaint was with the Internet service. This past trip it was so slow I was unable to use my VOIP and thus had to cary it to an Internet cafe each evening. Other than that the hotel is one of my favorites.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:19 pm

Excellant

Ditto the comments above....I was really impressed with the hotel and how I was treated...I actually thought that maybe they made some sort of mistake at first....I would go back here in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
The second time we were given a room on the executive floor which was still nice but....
What does the executive floor entail? There is no executive lounge, thus the free breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Hilton Dresden Concierge Contact Info?

I'm planning to be in Dresden from 22 November to 24 November and want to visit the newly reopened Green Vault. Of course no online tickets are available, so I was hoping to go through Hilton's concierge to try to get one. Anyone have an email address or direct phone # to the concierge desk? Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:02 pm

I'll PM you with the email for the hotel manager. He is very responsive to Hilton members, and I am sure will be happy to forward your request to the proper person.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:10 am

SanDiego1k - Can you PM me the hotel manager's contact info as well? Oddly enough, my husband and I will be at the Hilton in Dresden on the exact same two nights in November (Thanksgiving in Dresden!). I have also tried to purchase Green Vault tickets online without success and would very much like to see the exhibit. Thanks so much.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:01 am

Heading to the Dresden Hilton by car in late November. At the Dresden Hilton, do we drive to the hotel, check in, and then get directions to the parking garage, or do we need to find the garage and park before we check in? Reading the posts, I'm a little nervous about finding the garage. Also, has anyone received an upgraded room lately as an HH gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.