Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dresden {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
For those coming by car, as I did last week, the small underground carpark, which was always full in the past, has been extended with access to the neighbouring very large carpark under the adjacent shopping mall. By pressing a button on the wall the roller blind opens. You have to exit via the Hilton carpark with the parking ticket opening the roller blind. You cannot exit the new carpark with the Hilton ticket.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 2:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hugolover
Great pics. Shocking to see little has changed about that hotel in more than 10 years since I first stayed there...
10? Try 20. Some of the rooms still have the swedish bathroom fittings put in during GDR times. Speaks volumes about swedish workmanship and German construction/maintainance. Stylewise it completely fits with the concept prevalent in most German Hiltons that was implemented in the late 90s/early 00s.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:55 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
10? Try 20. Some of the rooms still have the swedish bathroom fittings put in during GDR times. Speaks volumes about swedish workmanship and German construction/maintainance. Stylewise it completely fits with the concept prevalent in most German Hiltons that was implemented in the late 90s/early 00s.
I did indeed notice the Swedish bathroom fittings, dating back to VEB Interhotel.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Stayed for 7 nights in September, location just cannot be beaten, surrounded by the historic sights, short walks to Zwinger, Historic Green Vault and other sights.

Executive lounge offering is a served as a single preplated appetizer plate per person, which differed every night, mostly meh but 1 night all was good (Greek themed), and one time had an excellent duck offering. 3 beers, 1 or 2 red, 1 or 2 white plus sparkling wine.

No control for AC, can adjust setting on radiator but even when shutting off the room would get warm and I would need to open the window.
Old May 12, 2023, 9:01 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I am presently at Hilton Dresden right now.. it's pretty good, superb location in the central part of Dresden, executive lounge was good, when I arrived two days ago, the executive lounge had chicken wraps, cold cuts, and a variety of cheese. Yesterday, it was just cold cuts and variety of cheese, no chicken wraps. The room was comfortable, although it's showing its age just a little bit. My room has a refrigerator in it, but no mini-bar. I was upgraded to the "executive room" though (on the 4th floor), obviously a very small upgrade. The air conditioner switch is on the wall, but it says nur zur kühlung which means for cooling only, although hardly any air came out despite having it at the lowest setting. Seeing how this hotel was built during the DDR times, that might be why. Overall, I give it a solid 4 out of 5.
Old May 30, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I updated my review to three stars, they charged me $529, not $227.. and Hilton's guest relations said they fixed it, but I don't see that on my credit card statement and it's been more than 15 days. Not too happy about that....

Update

Hotel oddly stood firm on the charges despite my reservation showing less, disputed it with AMEX, and AMEX was on my side and I was credited $250.

Last edited by Wiggums; Jun 14, 2023 at 8:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.