Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:28 am

You'll get your usual fixed Gold benefits, ie. the wi-fi, breakfast, bottled water on any stay, and I would expect the upgrades based on availability too, but I guess it's more difficult to pin down the hotel on "space available " upgrades.

However, my experience has been that Hilton are pretty good at maintaining the benefits regardless of the booking company used, or points, etc.

11277m
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Third-party bookings are eligible for status benefits such as upgrades and free internet, except where the specific hotel is not known until after the booking is made, in which case you get nothing.

(These are the rules as written; as ever, YMMV.)
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Won a Priceline bid at the Hilton LAX for a very good price.

When I checked in I gave them my HH gold card, and we received the free Internet and executive lounge breakfast. By the way, I did not ask for anything - it was all offered very kindly.

(Gee - I'm glad I didn't have a car - 30 bucks a night to park. If I was short on $$, I might have just decided to park and sleep in the car haha!)
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:43 am

I got a DoubleTree through a Priceline bid a couple of months ago. When I arrived I was given all of my benefits. A few days after the stay I got the following email:

Dear a7800,

With the ability to book the guaranteed lowest price at 3,600+ hotels in more than 80 countries, there are thousands of reasons to make your reservations with us. No matter which Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands site you use, you can easily search all Hilton Worldwide hotels at once -- by city, by airport, by hotel features or even by travel route. And booking your stay through www.hiltonhhonors.com or any Hilton Worldwide website is the smart choice to ensure you receive Hilton HHonors™ points, miles and stay credit for all of your qualifying stays.

In fact, we promise that if you find a lower rate on some other booking channel, we'll match that rate plus:
For stays in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or Mexico, we'll give you a $50 American Express® Gift Cheque.*
For stays outside the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or Mexico, we'll take US$50 off your bill.

For more information on Our Best Rates. Guaranteed. Click here.

HHonors points, airline miles and stay credit toward tier status are only awarded on reservations made on a Hilton Worldwide website. However, we have made an exception for your recent stay at the Doubletree Bloomington Minneapolis South.

Going forward, be sure to make your reservations through www.hiltonhhonors.com or any Hilton Worldwide website.

Of course, you will also continue to receive HHonors points, miles and stay credit when you book through 1-800-HHONORS or any other Hilton Reservations Worldwide office, through corporate travel offices, through travel agents, through the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners or when making reservations by phone directly with a Hilton Worldwide hotel.

For further information or to book a Hilton Worldwide hotel reservation, visit www.hiltonhhonors.com today. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Sincerely,

(Name and Title Removed)
Hilton Worldwide

This was a very nice and unexpected touch.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stifle
Third-party bookings are eligible for status benefits such as upgrades and free internet, except where the specific hotel is not known until after the booking is made, in which case you get nothing.

(These are the rules as written; as ever, YMMV.)
I've had Hilton hotels in Europe give me Gold/Diamond benefits on all of my Priceline NYOP bookings made this year. US Hilton hotels are less generous, but some of them also grant at-hotel status benefits.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by a7800
More a nice way of saying "don't use Priceline" in my book
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
In my experience, I have always received benefits like internet, breakfast, Exec Lounge and Upgrades.

I never expect HH points, stay credits, etc, on third party bookings....but usually I get granted points. This happens about half the time.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by stifle
More a nice way of saying "don't use Priceline" in my book
I agree, but it was still nice. Not usually a Priceline bidder, but I was meeting a group of friends who aren't frequent travellers and they were concerned about getting the cheapest rate. All in all it worked out for me, I saved $100 over the 2 night stay and still got my credit.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Sorry to bump this old thread - has anyone had any other recent experience. Looking at booking the Chelsea DT through Australian expedia and was hopeful of gaining the HHonors Gold benefits.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if you get anything.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by a7800

Dear a7800,

In fact, we promise that if you find a lower rate on some other booking channel, we'll match that rate plus:
For stays in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or Mexico, we'll give you a $50 American Express® Gift Cheque.*
For stays outside the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or Mexico, we'll take US$50 off your bill.

For more information on Our Best Rates. Guaranteed. Click here.

HHonors points, airline miles and stay credit toward tier status are only awarded on reservations made on a Hilton Worldwide website. However, we have made an exception for your recent stay at the Doubletree Bloomington Minneapolis South.

Going forward, be sure to make your reservations through www.hiltonhhonors.com or any Hilton Worldwide website.

Of course, you will also continue to receive HHonors points, miles and stay credit when you book through 1-800-HHONORS or any other Hilton Reservations Worldwide office, through corporate travel offices, through travel agents, through the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners or when making reservations by phone directly with a Hilton Worldwide hotel.

For further information or to book a Hilton Worldwide hotel reservation, visit www.hiltonhhonors.com today. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Sincerely,

(Name and Title Removed)
Hilton Worldwide

This mail is a joke. You can try to get BRG but the chance goes to =0
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hey everyone!
I'm a Hilton Gold member and I'm looking to book a Hilton property from expedia.ca (to avoid exchange rate conversion). On the expedia website, there is a rate for breakfast not included and breakfast included. Obviously the breakfast included rate is a bit more. My question is if I book the 'breakfast not included' rate, will I be entitled to the Gold benefits (which include breakfast)?

The 'breakfast not included' rate is the equivalent rate as the one on the Hilton website (again, the only reason why I don't want to book directly with Hilton is so I can pay in canadian dollars on expedia.ca).

Thanks,
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by bobloblaw007
Hey everyone!
I'm a Hilton Gold member and I'm looking to book a Hilton property from expedia.ca (to avoid exchange rate conversion). On the expedia website, there is a rate for breakfast not included and breakfast included. Obviously the breakfast included rate is a bit more. My question is if I book the 'breakfast not included' rate, will I be entitled to the Gold benefits (which include breakfast)?

The 'breakfast not included' rate is the equivalent rate as the one on the Hilton website (again, the only reason why I don't want to book directly with Hilton is so I can pay in canadian dollars on expedia.ca).

Thanks,
you will not get your stay credit or point eithers. You probably know this already, but just thought I would mention it. Maybe you should call them before you book it through expedia to see if there is anything they can do for you. I don't think the rate of exchange will help you out, but may be worth a call.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Hey everyone!

Thanks,
Benefits are not explicitly excluded in the T&C for non-blind third party bookings. Points, stay/night credit are. However, it also does not explicitly say you should get your benefits on third party bookings.
YMMV. Hotels can decide on their own whether or not to extend benefits. You wouldn't really have an argument if they say no.
If you really want breakfast, book the breakfast rate. That is the ONLY way to guarantee breakfast on a third party booking. If you don't care either way, book the non-breakfast one.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:55 pm

Hey everyone!

Thanks,
My best bet has always been to call the HHonors number directly, and ask them to connect this (expedia) reservation to your HHonors account #. They have balked at me in the past, but if I pressed a second time they seem to understand. I've always made them aware I don't expect points, but do expect the benefits. Magically, the reservation usually appears on my Hilton account and I'm able to select MyWay preferences, E-checkin, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.