Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: SASEBG,TKG ,OMN G, SDAch.
No credit at all

I have made that mistake to book thru Hotwire,DreamClub - no points at all. No staus. Never again.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by davidmiami
Hello:

My company policy requires me to book hotels only through Expedia Corporate Travel (Egencia). I heard that I cannot get my HH points with some specific rates (Expedia Special Rates).

I contacted HHonors for more information and here is their answer: "In accordance with the HHonors program guidelines and restrictions members do not earn points or stay or night credit when booking with Expedia or other third party booking sites or channels. Only stays booked on or through Hilton approved sites and channels are eligible for HHonors credit... ".

This is a major disappointment as from now on I will be loosing my Diamond VIP status and I do not see any reason for sticking with Hilton if they do not credit HHonors points.

Do you guys have any related experience with 3rd party booking agencies?
Can you get your corporate discount code and use it on Hilton website to book yourself? The rates should be same as your travel agency.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:23 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You are probably out of luck unless your company is flexible. I know we are getting ready to go to the Travelocity engine, and any expenses travel related that people want to get reimbursed for have to go through that or they will not get reimbursed. While most people don't care about points, those who do will be giving them up at some of the chains.

Unless they will allow you to book outside of Expedia you are just out of luck, there are no points for third party bookings. It really doesn't matter to most people.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
weird

i got my points and miles throught the expedia bmi booking engine for the last 15 stays.

for the hilton vienna, i didnt receive anything.

crap
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Gold SPG, Gold HH, Silver Marriott
Expedia/Egencia

After many back and forth between Egencia (Expedia Corporate Travel) and Hilton, here is the answer we got from Egencia:

"I just got off the phone with Hilton and got some confirmation around the Hilton Honors programs. It seems there was some miscommunication on this. Your travelers should absolutely receive their loyalty points when booking a published rate with Hilton. They will not if they book an 'Expedia Special Rate,' which is where I believe the confusion is coming from on Hilton's end. But published rates do offer points. I think they were confused because Expedia.com does not offer these types of rates so they are conditioned to push back on this when they see the Expedia name"

So we get the points as long as we do not book an "'Expedia Special Rate".
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Thanks davidmiami for the tip.

If you book on a 3rd party site, always give your number upon check-in even when they tell you that you can't earn points. For the past 3 Priceline & Hotwire stays, I have earned the points, status bonus and even AMEX card stay bonus.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidmiami
After many back and forth between Egencia (Expedia Corporate Travel) and Hilton, here is the answer we got from Egencia:

"I just got off the phone with Hilton and got some confirmation around the Hilton Honors programs. It seems there was some miscommunication on this. Your travelers should absolutely receive their loyalty points when booking a published rate with Hilton. They will not if they book an 'Expedia Special Rate,' which is where I believe the confusion is coming from on Hilton's end. But published rates do offer points. I think they were confused because Expedia.com does not offer these types of rates so they are conditioned to push back on this when they see the Expedia name"

So we get the points as long as we do not book an "'Expedia Special Rate".

OK, das heisst aber für alle nicht-Corporate-Reisebürobucher trotzdem: Finger weg von Expedia.com, .de, .it etc weil es dort nur die sogenannten "Expedia Special Rates" gibt, die in Tat und Wahrheit überhaupt nicht "specially cheap" sind...
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
elite benefits?

I consider booking Hilton Madrid Airport through Expedia UK in order to use a 40 GBP Expedia UK voucher. The rate will be the published rate of 79 EUR/nt = GBP 69/nt.

I don't care about the points/stay but I would hate not to receive HH Gold benefits (upgr. to exec. floor)

Should I play it safe and book the room on Hilton.com?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
just lucky

I have no idea how, but for the past 3 stays I have had on Priceline and Hotwire (2 were hilton and 1 was Doubletree), I insist on giving the front desk my HHonors number and I have gotten credit posted a few days later! They have told me that I will not be eligible for points, but I insisted they enter it on my record.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
I have been using Expedia Corporate Travel / Egencia for about 6 months and have never had an issue with points posting or getting upgrades. BUT, I always use the "PUBLISHED RATES" not the "EXPEDIA SPECIAL RATES" (visable when clicking the "View all rates" link on the hotel map/search page). Before I used travelport.net and about 1/4 of my stays would not show up because my HH number was not in the reservation, but filling out the form on hhonors.com would always get the points posted within a few days. Also, if I caught it at check-in, the front desk person would enter my number and then the credit would work fine.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Janus
I have been using Expedia Corporate Travel / Egencia for about 6 months and have never had an issue with points posting or getting upgrades. BUT, I always use the "PUBLISHED RATES" not the "EXPEDIA SPECIAL RATES" (visable when clicking the "View all rates" link on the hotel map/search page). Before I used travelport.net and about 1/4 of my stays would not show up because my HH number was not in the reservation, but filling out the form on hhonors.com would always get the points posted within a few days. Also, if I caught it at check-in, the front desk person would enter my number and then the credit would work fine.
I concur. I have to now use Egencia so I make sure that I am not on a rate that Egencia charges me the stay rather than the hotel directly. When the hotel charges directly then I do get my points
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I just checked the rate on Exp.UK and it is indeed the "Exp. Special Rate" - although there is nothing special about it as it is exactly the same as the adv. purchase rate on hilton.com

I consider booking the first night on hilton.com and the second night on Exp.UK at the "Special Rate" using the GBP 40 voucher.

For the first night I’m likely to receive a room on the exec. floor as HH Gold and for the second night the hotel will probably let me stay in the same room. Should I tell at check-in that I stay for two nights or simply check-in again on the second day and tell them that I already stay at room XXXX? I assume that I could jeopardise the upgr. for the first night by revealing that I have booked a second night on Exp.UK.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:25 pm

Another tip: I have never had any trouble getting Hhonors points when I book through the airline web site. The UA hotel site is really expedia and offers special rates, but because the airline is a hhonors partner they give the points.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:36 pm

it's Third Party (can I cry if I want to?)

I know what an "opaque" site is, but I'm not really sure I understand about "third party website bookings (irresprective of rate paid)" as it relates to getting my Hilton points. .
If AA.com has a miles bonus for booking a hotel room through them, will I still get my Hilton points for that room?
If I just use AAA.com, will I still get my Hilton points for that room?
If I use my membership warehouse club site, will I still get my Hilton points for that room?
If I book through YahooTravel, will I still get my Hilton points for that room?
If I use TripAdvisor to read the reviews and then book through their search utilizing multiple sites, will I still get my Hilton points?
Or, in order to get my Hilton points, does everything have to be booked through Hilton.com?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Let this be you guide

From T & C

Stays booked via "opaque" channels where the brand is unknown at the time of purchase are not Eligible Stays for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status, or the receipt of VIP tier benefits such as upgraded accommodations / amenities or access to health clubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.