Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Update: I sent an email to the hotel in advance of my stay and received a very nice reply. They confirmed that no points are to be awarded, but they would do their best to offer what benefits they could.

Given that my stay includes breakfast, there's not much in the way of benefits I usually use.

However, what was important to me was that I had two two-night stays on separate reservations. I asked for them to be connected so that I wouldn't have to change rooms and wanted to confirm non-smoking.

Ultimately, it appears they did enter my HHonors number as I can actually now view both reservations on Hilton.com
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by slidergirl
I believe it really depends on the attitude of the individual hotel and what it allows a Front Desk Agent to do for HHonors member on a 3rd party/group contract booking stay. If no one offers anything, they're adhering to the strict rule, smile, take the keys. If they do something for you, from as little as offering to waive the Internet fee to upgrading you to a suite, accept it graciously.
Indeed. I would say that 90+% of my Priceline NYOP and Hotwire bookings at Hilton hotels have given me the ar-hotel Gold or Diamond benefits upon presenting my HHonors Gold/Diamond card and/or having my HHonors number entered into the booking. The infrequent times when I've been denied the benefits have mostly been at properties in North America; the European and Asian hotels more commonly granted the benefits to me still.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
I'll report back on how this works out for me!
UPDATE:

Like OskiBear I received a very positive response when I emailed the hotel in advance on this issue (in my case, it was Conrad Miami). The GM confirmed that I would receive all diamond benefits irrespective of the booking channel used and added the reservation to my HHonors account.

I'm glad I sorted this in advance since front desk staff may be more inclined to take a random approach to this situation, whereas the GM knows his hotel's policy!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:02 am

Third party booking

I have booked a two week stay at the Doubletree seaworld using a third party website as it was £200 cheaper! Am I correct in thinking I wont earn any Hhonors points?

They have also offered me a suite upgrade at $100 a night if I was to take this would I get Hhonors points for this?

Last edited by Oliveredmunds; Feb 17, 2015 at 7:14 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
I have booked a two week stay at the Doubletree seaworld using a third party website as it was £200 cheaper! Am I correct in thinking I wont earn any Hhonors points?

They have also offered me a suite upgrade at $100 a night if I was to take this would I get Hhonors points for this?
no hhonors points irrespectve of room type, sadly!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:36 am

no hhonors points irrespectve of room type, sadly!
Dam! I thought I might get it on at least on the Upgrade as they are offering me
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
No points and also no benefits.

However I thought Hilton gave a price guarantee, which you could have used?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
No points and also no benefits.

However I thought Hilton gave a price guarantee, which you could have used?
I have often had HHonors benefits, so they aren't ruled-out - but definitely no points. Not clear whether the OP has HHonors status that would attract on-property benefits though.

I wouldn't take a chance on a successful BRG claim over saving £200 straight up - that system is fickle at best!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:54 am

With Hilton it is currently $2,112.08 I paid around £800 so there is a massive difference.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:57 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Did you attempt to use the Best Rate Guarantee?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
Did you attempt to use the Best Rate Guarantee?
No because of the price difference I didn't want to book it with them and then they say im not succesfull.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
How do I add my HH number to third party booking?

Hi all,

For the first time ever I've booked a Hilton stay through a third party (Amex Travel) instead of directly, and want to add my HH number to make sure my Diamond benefits are honoured (yes, I know about the recent changes but the hotel confirmed I would still receive the benefits), plus I would like to see my booking listed on my upcoming reservations.

Is this possible? And if so is contacting the hotel directly the best way of going about this?

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes best way is to contact the hotel. I don't think there is a way to do it online yourself.

As you mention Hilton has changed the T&C's that third party bookings won't honour status, but hotels may still provide the benefits.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by clubman

Is this possible? And if so is contacting the hotel directly the best way of going about this?

Yes, and Yes!

I have found this to be a good way to ensure that my HH status is visible to the checkin agent... and a front desk manager who plans to give you on-property benefits irrespective of your booking channel will readily do this automatically following an email exchange about an upcoming stay. That has been my experience anyway.

Though now that the Ts&Cs have been clarified regarding on-property benefits and 3rd party bookings I expect this will run a lot less smoothly as time goes by
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks guys! ^

Though now that the Ts&Cs have been clarified regarding on-property benefits and 3rd party bookings I expect this will run a lot less smoothly as time goes by
Indeed, which is why I made sure to email the hotel first, mention that I know about the change and ask whether they would still honour the benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.