Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by triger02
I am not very familiar with BRG's or Hiltom in general. Lower rate I had found is a mobile exclusive and was told this is why I was denied.

80% of my stays are IHG, so not receiving credit for points/stays/nights is not very important to me. However, benefits would be.

The property I'm trying to book is the Napa HGI and the two a la carte breakfast plus suite upgrade would come in very handy. If this was not offered, I would probably book elsewhere.

Has anyone reported success having benefits honored, know success rate or is there an updated thread I may be missing to read more regarding this?

Thank you.
Sorry to burst you hopes but whilst you might get lucky with breakfast, HGI does not come with Suite upgrades or any upgrades in fact.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html

Hilton Garden Inn™

750 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary Hot Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:53 am

I have read this specific property treats Diamonds very well and many of them have received upgrades. Although not guaranteed, I feel my chances of being upgraded would be somewhat high on a weekday. My concern is not being acknowledged as having any status for booking from a 3rd party website.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:08 am

The official answer can be found on the HHonors Terms and Conditions page on the website. Unless you book direct, you are not entitled to any HHonors elite-level benefits. That includes: complimentary internet, complimentary breakfast, and space-available upgrades.

"On-property benefits are not awarded in the following circumstances:
◾Reservations booked through a non-Hilton Worldwide-direct booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel,
◾Rates available on "opaque" websites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the booking is made, or
◾Third party hotel packages or travel packages not booked through one of the eligible channels."
Source: HHonors Amenities section here: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...nors_amenities

Of course, nothing precludes a hotel from offering you things of which you are not entitled. Although you may find examples of hotels granting benefits to guests with third-party bookings, that's not going to help much if the management at this hotel follows the Term and Conditions to the letter.

There is a FT thread for this hotel, but the latest post is from 2012. Link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...apa-us-ca.html
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Hilton Copenhagen will NOT offer any elite perks to third party bookings.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Reservations booked through a non-Hilton Worldwide-direct booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel,
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the designated GDS?

We use HRG and I have a suspicion it'll be ok because Hilton used to offer fast-track gold for HRG bookings but I would like to check.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Can't help with a list but HRG bookings credit fine for me.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:12 am

Clearly, the hotel has decided that if you're going to save $40 by using a 3rd party site, they're not going to further enhance your trip by giving you more free perks.

So, I guess you have to decide if that 'free' breakfast is really worth $40 a day.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$40 for the points and potential bonus points + breakfast and stay credit - it's a close call.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by stuart_f

We use HRG and I have a suspicion it'll be ok because Hilton used to offer fast-track gold for HRG bookings but I would like to check.
Do this help?

"Eligibility for all on-property HHonors benefits...requires a confirmed reservation made through one of the following channels:
◾Through an IATA accredited retail travel agent professional ("Travel Agent") booking through a Hilton Worldwide channel or the following Global Distribution Systems: Amadeus, Apollo/Galileo, Worldspan and SABRE."
That's from the Terms and Conditions, just above the section I quoted above.

If not, you can try the Travel Agent site for Hilton: http://www.travelagents.hilton.com/agent-resources.html

Last edited by writerguyfl; Feb 10, 2016 at 7:01 pm Reason: Added Link to TA Site
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stuart_f

A good rule of thumb is an if its an online agency or if they advertise on TV and sell to the general public then you will not get points or benefits. If you are able to enter your hhonors number at the time of booking you will get points and benefits, if not you wont.

Brands are trying to discourage clients from using online agents as they fleece the hotels with huge commissions. You will always find the cheapest rate, for comparative product and service, on a brand website.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dormy
You will always find the cheapest rate, for comparative product and service, on a brand website.
Not always, that's why there is BRG.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
I was at the front desk at the Doubletree in Columbia MO last week and a guy was asking where his breakfast coupons were at check in - "Sorry Sir it looks like you booked on a 3rd party site so you are not entitled to those coupons". I guess for a leisure traveler you need to weigh the pro's and cons of the benefits, but I travel on business I always book through the HHonors site, since I work on a per diem every breakfast is what $10 in my pocket ? Plus the breakfast at this hotel is really good, not your typical one.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
Originally Posted by dgparent
I was at the front desk at the Doubletree in Columbia MO last week and a guy was asking where his breakfast coupons were at check in - "Sorry Sir it looks like you booked on a 3rd party site so you are not entitled to those coupons". I guess for a leisure traveler you need to weigh the pro's and cons of the benefits, but I travel on business I always book through the HHonors site, since I work on a per diem every breakfast is what $10 in my pocket ? Plus the breakfast at this hotel is really good, not your typical one.
I thought you got your bennies just no points. at a Hilton in London on a priceline stay, I was asked if I was hhornors. gave him my card. he gave me an upgrade and breakfast. I just did not get points or stay credit.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by bearkatt
I thought you got your bennies just no points. at a Hilton in London on a priceline stay, I was asked if I was hhornors. gave him my card. he gave me an upgrade and breakfast. I just did not get points or stay credit.
No idea sorry since I book through the hilton site, I am just telling you what I saw/heard, the front desk person may of had it backwards but the guy did not argue with her.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by bearkatt
Nope. You just happened to be at one of those properties that goes above and beyond. Program officially states otherwise. See post 44.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26161200-post44.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.