Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by mario33
Can you elaborate on this please.

I didnt have any problem at Starwood.

I have stayed several times with a collegue who is not a member and I have put my number in and her company has been paying.I have signed for many of the dinners and I have never recieved the points even though the booking is still in my reservations of my starwood account.
likewise with Hyatt-I was actually the one who checked in and signed a lot of the bills.the room was initally booked with both our names.on checkout as she was paying her name was on the account. I queried it and asked for my name to be put on too. I was told by 2 front office staff that I would definitely get the points.

guess what they never went on the account and when I queried it with customer service they stated that as I had not paid the final bill I would not get them.so we lost $US1000 worth of points.
I suggest that anyone considering this strategy read the T & Cs of their respective program.I have never had this problem with Hilton. I usually travel with a group of people and do favour Hilton for this reason.As I usually get points for the stays I usually let the other person get the credit card points-to me that is fair.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:12 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Aeroplan, SPG
Points or Stay Credit Earned When Third Party Pays?

Hi everyone, This is my first post to FT, so I apolgize in advance if I make a mistake or the answer to my ? is buried in here somewhere. (And btw, I have enjoyed reading the posts in here over the past few months.) In any case - I will be staying at a Hilton next week and my company will be directly billed for my room (although the room will be in my name) but I will not be responsible for payment whatsoever. Wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to have either points and/or stay credited towards my HH account? If so, I would assume I would arrange this with the front desk during my stay? Much appreciated..thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:54 pm

Programs: HH Gold, NW Silver
si

12. A Member whose individual hotel bill is billed directly to a company and the Member is responsible for authorization for settlement at check-out is eligible for HHonors points as described above in item number 4 under "Accrual of Points". However, group master-billing arrangements where charges for multiple rooms are placed on one hotel bill and billed to a company or common address or settled at check-out by one individual are not eligible. Incidental charges (those charged to a Member's room) paid for directly by the Member at check-out are eligible for point credit. Incidental charges billed to a master bill are not eligible for point credit.

i was reading the terms just now

hhonors.com/terms
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: HH Gold, NW Silver
in answer to your second question, the front desk can add your HH# to your direct bill reservation at check in
Old Feb 28, 2006, 2:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, UA 1P, Marriot Silver
you usually get credit for the stay and any charges you make to the room (i.e. food, parking, etc). at least i've gotten credit for the stays for my corporate meetings where the room is master billed.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Question Booking made via third party website doesn't count as stay credit?

I Always book at hilton website, but I have to book through our company travel site from now on.

I noticed under VIP tier qualification, they definition for eligible stay saying,

Stays that are booked via third party websites other than the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status.

is that mean I won't get credit for it?

I will pay at the hotel by the way!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Any issue getting point/stay credits with third party vendors like Travel Planners?

I have a few shows in Chicago coming up and Travel Planners usually have much better rates than Hilton.com., any issues on getting points? I never have in the past but I was sent a new Diamond card/brochure (lost mine) and there was some langauge about not getting points with some 3rd party vendors.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
No points/miles with 3rd party bookings in general. Hilton makes some exceptions with corporate bookings, but in general you don't get any points ... just the usual benefits.
You sometimes get points, but if not, there is nothing you can do about it. It also sounds like Hilton is getting better in flagging ineligible rates.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I got curious so I called the Downtown ES Chicago where I have a stay booked next week. The sales manager said I would get points/stay credit with the Travel Planners rate but she said it is an issue that should be brought up with front desk personal. I will simply ask when I arrive if my rate qualifies, if not, I will have her change it to a rate that will (if it is reasonable).
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
The problem you may have is that the front desk clerk doesnt know what they are talking about when it comes to if u will get HHonors points, night & stay credit - nor would they care IMHO.

E
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I have a few shows in Chicago coming up and Travel Planners usually have much better rates than Hilton.com., any issues on getting points? I never have in the past but I was sent a new Diamond card/brochure (lost mine) and there was some langauge about not getting points with some 3rd party vendors.
Couple of threads about this, this one being recent
Hilton Gold and Priceline

this thread has lots of information
Priceline Stays: Hilton Honors Points, Elite Benefits, Upgrades and Incidentals?

The best advise is, if you 100% want points and benefits, book through the appropriate channels.

In addition, if you are unclear about the terms please review the Hilton T&C.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
if you usually get points through this channel than it is reasonable to assume this will continue to be the case ... however, if it stops, per HH T&C, you are stuck with it since they explicitely state that no point and stay credit will be given. I agree with the other posters that front desk agents won't necessarily have a clue about this. Also make sure they don't misunderstand your question, because in-hotel benefits will be the same.
You have several stays upcoming? I'd give it a shot and if you get points through this channel while paying a lower rate than on hilton.com make sure you let us know
Old Jun 25, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Gold SPG, Gold HH, Silver Marriott
"No credit will be applied for any stay booked on a third party booking source"

Hello:

My company policy requires me to book hotels only through Expedia Corporate Travel (Egencia). I heard that I cannot get my HH points with some specific rates (Expedia Special Rates).

I contacted HHonors for more information and here is their answer: "In accordance with the HHonors program guidelines and restrictions members do not earn points or stay or night credit when booking with Expedia or other third party booking sites or channels. Only stays booked on or through Hilton approved sites and channels are eligible for HHonors credit... ".

This is a major disappointment as from now on I will be loosing my Diamond VIP status and I do not see any reason for sticking with Hilton if they do not credit HHonors points.

Do you guys have any related experience with 3rd party booking agencies?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by davidmiami
Do you guys have any related experience with 3rd party booking agencies?

Only to the extent that the few times I've used them I haven't gotten HHonors points, but I knew that going in...
Old Jun 25, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
With most programs (including SPG which you also list in your profile) the bookings that are made through 3rd party booking sites like Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, etc. do not earn points because the room rate is actually paid to the 3rd party and not directly to the hotel operator on site. I have had instances where I was attending a convention and the convention travel planner booked the room and I got credit....but I paid the bill at the hotel and not in advance. I think you will be out of luck with all the hotel brands if the room rate is paid to the booking site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.