Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by triplefives
If you're open to considering the Hilton Amsterdam, I actually personally quite like that property. I find it very relaxing and it's about a 15-20 minute tram ride into Centraal which is probably a little too congested for my liking.
Trying to avoid having to tram it everywhere.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Count me as another voice for the DT Centraal. Besides the other comments, it has a spectacular rooftop bar with some of the best views in Amsterdam. Breakfast for Diamonds was excellent. The lounge is much quieter and the evening drinks/apps were superb.

My stay was a 9 night stay last November for a conference and it is one of two or three of the best DT's I've been to.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Trying to avoid having to tram it everywhere.
You'd like the Ceentral station then. Only time I didn't walk was to and from the airport and the train station is next door and frequent service to and from the airport and only a couple stops. I didn't use the tram or any public transit or taxi the entire four days I was there.

I would have been in my late 40s then and had no issue walking every place. The one tourist thing I didn't do that I wanted to was the Modern art museum and I understand that isn't walking distance but probably is bikeable.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
(I'm globalist)
There can be only one Globalist and that's me

Back to the topic, I stayed at both properties as a Honors Diamond.
NDSM wharf is on the other side of the IJ river but there is a free ferry from early morning till late at night. It is a bit of a boutique hotel and has it charms. I loved the corner room on the honors floor, very big windows and amazing views.

The one at Centraal Station is significantly better when it comes to location and rooms. It also has an executive lounge and better breakfast options. Location is superb.

The NDSM what's can be priced around EUR 100 while I have seen the CS location go up to EUR 400.

(The real) Globalist
UKOK likes this.

Last edited by Globalist; Mar 29, 2023 at 8:19 am
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Thanks for all the feedback!
I ended up booking the Centraal DT for the first two nights we arrive. Taking the train from the airport and being centrally located for the first two nights was appealing and I'm trying to do this trip on the cheap...only enough points for 2 nights there right now.
Booked the Hyatt Regency for the next 3 nights on points and used an upgrade to get a Regency Suite.
Looking forward to our stay and will report back once I'm done with it in September
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:21 am

In regards to your noise concern, I have stayed at DT Central Station 5 times and have never had a noise issue. In fact, the one time I got upgraded to a full suite overlooking the train tracks, the suite had 3 layers of windows. It was very quiet.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond
We will be here next spring. Any recent reports regarding whether HH gold members get access to the club lounge? (I noticed a lot of the commenters are diamond members)
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by MellieAZ
We will be here next spring. Any recent reports regarding whether HH gold members get access to the club lounge? (I noticed a lot of the commenters are diamond members)
I don't care where I stay as long as I get to eat at the Pancake Bakery.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Mattress run ( Amsterdam )

My birthday next week and I'm off to Amsterdam......I've never been before so want to tick the box to say i have been, here's the plan - Arrive next Wednesday night , stay at the Hampton by the airport, day two I'm at the doubletree ndsm Wharf and day three I'm in the Hilton Amsterdam itself......this should bag me diamond status for next year.......obviously I'm gonna have a poke around and explore......requesting any recommendations. Restaurants, boat trips and of course Hilton tips ( best rooms , upgrade tips etc ) will do live report!......oh andthanks in advance . ^
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:31 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Probably best to ask in the Europe forum instead of the HHonors for general Amsterdam (not Hilton-specific) suggestions.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Accor (Gold), IHG (Gold), Bonvoy (F&F)
Hi,

I dont know Amsterdam well at all - only been once -but spent 3 night at the Hampton by the airport. Was perfectly ok. To get there from the airport, i found the train quicker than the bus. I think it's one or two stops from the airport station. and then a 5 minute walk across a road. Google Maps saves me!

have a good trip. The actual Hilton by the airport looks good, never had the chance to stay there though.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Accor (Gold), IHG (Gold), Bonvoy (F&F)
Ps Happy Birthday!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Happy birthday in advance for Wednesday Wizla, it’s my birthday tomorrow and wish I was on a mattress run

my only three/four suggestions. Switch the Hampton for the new Hilton at the airport (it is a fair walk though) found the rooms, exec lounge to be very nice. It is your birthday after all, they may even upgrade to a suite. The Heineken brewery is worth a visit and you can raise a glass at the end. And possible try and swing by either the W hotel bar for a drink or even pop in the W/A to snoop around

not the best travel tips tips I know but drink and hotel related. Will look forward to the mini reviews later in the week ^
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Happy Birthday Wizla! I guess it’s fitting that you’ll spend it on a Hilton mileage run. If you like cheese, I really enjoyed the tasting at the Reypenaer Cheese Tasting Room. Some very tasty cheeses accompanied by various wines. I thought it was well worth the time on a very rushed trip to the city last year.
beltway likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Diamond
Happy Birthday! I stayed at the Hilton Doubletree across the street from the Centraal Station and would highly recommend it. I can't say enough good things about it. It overlooks the canal, has one of the best rooftop bars you can ever imagine and if you have any status at all you get access to the lounge where to food is exceptional (but go early). It has the best breakfast of any Hilton property I've stayed in worldwide. If I remember right, the Wharf one is across the canal by ferry, the ferry is free but still your only there for a couple days. You feel like your super central because you can hop on a bike (Doubletree has rentals), a tram or bus or boat and be anywhere in town, Van Gogh Museum is quick by tram and is next to the Rijksmuseum. The Heineken rooftop bar pales compared to the Doubletree, but will definitely go again. So my recommendation would be to try and spend all of your days at the Doubletree Centraal Station if any way possible I wouldn't loose time by having to check out and back in each day, but that's just my opinion. (and no I don't have any affiliation with Hilton)

Edited to add: Oh and if you want to go to the Ann Frank House plan your day around that and go early. The line can be crazy long. When I was there in July the line was about 3 hours, although this time of year it should be a lot better.

Last edited by DisloyalTraveler; Oct 15, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.