Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:16 am

I recently stayed at the DT NDMS. We were on an otherwise cheap trip and didn't want to spend a lot for a room we weren't planning to spend much time in. I've never stayed in the others so I can't comment on how much better they presumably are but for the price difference we were very happy with the NDMS. The room was tiny and there was no lounge. But we were upgraded to a room with an awesome view (not the corner room but still really good view). The breakfast was small but they packed a pretty reasonable selection into a small space. The ferry service was totally practical -- we actually found it a nice relaxing way to start and end the day. I can see it being an issue if you stay out late at night or are in a rush to make an early flight but at least during the day the service was every 15 minutes and we never waited more than 5 minutes for a ferry. The staff at the front desk were awesome and super helpful. For the price we paid which was a pretty substantial savings vs the other two Hiltons we were very happy. I don't think for that price we would have done better than a sketchy 2* in the city centre.
bsdstone and yurtripper like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Which Amsterdam property to choose

I couldn't find any general thread for Amsterdam hotels, just property specific ones, so I hope it's ok to open this as a new thread.

If you weren't conserned about location, which of these three properties would you choose? DoubleTree Amsterdam Centraal, Hilton Amsterdam or Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphool? I have an upcoming stay in April and these all cost approximately the same amount of points. Amsterdam will more or less be just a base for me, as I will be spending my days in different Dutch cities, thus I don't care about how central or not central the location is, what matters is the connectivity, which is good enough for me at all properties.

I prefer well-maintained properties with modern rooms and a good, firm bed. Bathtub is a big bonus, as is a nice room upgrade. Chromecast is also appreciated. Service-wise I'm into "basics done right" kind of approach - I don't need anything fancy, but I don't like to deal with basic maintenance issues, stuff not working, noise, etc during my stay. I won't be having breakfast at the hotel, and I assume the quality of lounges in NL isn't high enough to be worthy of consideration for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.