Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2001, 10:23 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Way to go Hilton!!!! I have been to Amsterdam three times this year and each and every stay at either the airport or in town Hilton, I was PLEASANTLY Upgraded. Did not even have to ask. Bottles of champagne or spumanti. great chow in the exec lounge. All in All it made me keep the faith. Some US Hiltons sure could use training from these guys!!!!
Old Jul 20, 2001, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Amsterdam Hiltons

Anyone with any recent experiences at the Hiltons in the city or the airport? After staying with friends in the city, they are leaving town and I'll have one night on my own before heading to Paris. I did a search and the only thing of interest I could find was that someone recently jumped off the roof of the one in the city.

------------------
Jeff
Old Jul 20, 2001, 10:58 pm
Original Member

I stayed at the Amsterdam Hilton a little less than 2 years ago. I found the location very convenient, it is close to several tram lines. The staff waa wonderful. I'd highly recommend it.
Old Jul 21, 2001, 2:25 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Stayed at the Amsterdam Hilton last summer, and a couple of times before that in the last 3 years.

It's a nice hotel, right on a canal, but is a little but out of the city centre. It is in a quiet neighborhood. As you mentioned, it is a quick walk to the trams to get closer to the city centre, or via Taxi. Good staff, and was upgraded to the executive floor as HHonors Gold without asking.

There are other hotels right in the middle of the city such as the Renanisance and Crowne Plaza, if you wish to be "In the Middle" of everything.
Old Jul 21, 2001, 3:10 am

I found it a delightful hotel. If you get a room overlooking the canal it is just lovely to sit on the windowsil(DONT GO OUT TOO FAR) and watch the world below.
Id stay there again.
Old Jul 21, 2001, 4:22 am
Suspended

I have stayed at both Hilton Amsterdam and Hilton Amsterdam Schiphol and would highly recommend both.

Some of the plusses of Hilton Amsterdam Schiphol:
* 5 minute walk to terminal buildings or quick shuttle service.
* Executive floor lounge on top floor of building has a great view of the most used runways.
* Truly fantastic & helpful staff - never encountered anyone at this hotel that has never gone the extra mile!
* Always had automatic room upgrades for HHonors Gold at this hotel.
* Fantastic rooms and facilities!

If your flight to Paris is early morning I'd recommend staying at the Hilton Amsterdam Schiphol. If you wish to pop into town the evening before you can always make use of a taxi or the train into town and that way you only have to cope with a lesuirely stroll to the airport in the morning.
Old Jul 21, 2001, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While there are many many better hotels in AMS and the Hilton is a bit out of the way, they have a pretty good staff and automatically give VIP priveleges without asking (a rarity in Europe as far as I'm concerned).
Old Jul 21, 2001, 6:36 am

Amsterdam is a lovely and compact city. One of its joys is that I can stay anywhere between Central Station and Leidseplein and easily walk to anywhere I'd like to go.

For me, the Hilton's location (so far away from the center) takes away a lot of the fun staying in Amsterdam. Too bad that Hilton doesn't have a more central property in AMS.
Old Jul 21, 2001, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I haven't stayed at the Amsterdam Hilton for over 12 years but stayed at the AMS location lats month. Would second that they do recoqnize Gold VIP without having to ask. I was upgraded to the Exec floor (small but decent lounge) and was given a fruit plate and toiletries kit as amenities.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 1:41 pm

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
Stayed in Hilton AMS approx 100 nights last year. Excellent service, great Diamond VIP treatment (upgrades, lounge access with free drinks & Champagne in the room on arrival)...

Location: take the tram to the city center - it's not far, and I appreciate the more quiet surroundings of the Hotel.

Watch out for falling popstars...

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/001569.html
Old Jul 23, 2001, 2:43 pm
Original Member

I like the "slightly outside of the center of town" location on the Amsterdam Hilton. It's in a very quiet residential setting, the views of the canal are lovely and it's quiet. It's a very quick tram or taxi ride to the center of town.

Then some folks prefer to be right on top of the action, and some of us prefer quiet. If you prefer quiet, then this is the place.

Old Jul 23, 2001, 3:56 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As Boomer notes, it's fine, yet I personally prefer the Marriott. And the trams are great here, IMHO!
Old Jul 24, 2001, 12:27 pm

A most comfortable Hilton. Out of the way yes, but taxi rank is round the corner. I find it a peaceful and relaxing hotel. Look forward to staying there again soon.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS Emerald; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum
Hilton HHonors Properties in Amsterdam

I am planning a trip to Amsterdam this summer - I have read that the Hilton at Schippol is old and that the rooms are small -is there a better Hilton - say the one downtown - location at the airport is not essential to me, just close proximity to train or bus lines. I am Gold.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 11:28 pm

In case you are down there, assuming it is still in place!?, there is(was) a nice Hilton in Rotterdam. Very nice staff.

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
HH GLD, SCI GLD, MM SIL
LE PRESIDENT ETERNEL DE CAMAIR-CAMEROUN AIRLINES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.