Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:28 am
Community Director Emerita

@stevie, does Eunice Ho still run the executive lounge? It's been years since I've stayed there but she was a star visit after visit. I hope all is well with her and life is good.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
@stevie, does Eunice Ho still run the executive lounge? It's been years since I've stayed there but she was a star visit after visit. I hope all is well with her and life is good.
I did not see her this time around, and I only saw Ken there once during my visit.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are several Ho's working there (I couldn't resist, but in reality there have often been 2-3 people with the Ho surname working there, both men and women!).

Seriously though, it is a shame that they did not take the Covid opportunity to renovate the rooms. They were awesome 20 years ago, but the very lite renovation 10 years ago was not enough..............now, not so much, and there has been A LOT of competition that has opened in that time. For that matter Hilton as a group is just NOT very competitive in HK, there are third tier Chinese cities that have 10 times the properties IN EACH, and how many of them are not just Hiltons, but Conrads, WA's and even Curios, and there are even some Canopy's in places you have never heard of, and literally a Hampton by Hilton for almost EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR (361).

Ever since the Hong Kong Hilton closed, and that in many ways was the grand dame of Modern HK hotels at the time, it seems that HK somehow missed out, originally because of the long forgotten "war" between Hilton USA and Hilton international, which is why in fact Hilton USA at the time created the Conrad concept initially actually specifically for Hong Kong. Let's put this in perspective.........there are currently close to SEVEN HUNDRED Hilton properties in China (about 660 currently open and another 40 or so coming online in the near future), at the time that the Conrad opened there were 3 in the entire mainland. There are Chinese cities of less than 3million people that have 8 Hilton properties of all different brands that not only barely existed 30 years ago, but whose top rates at their top properties never exceed $150 or so. I really wonder why Hilton lost the plot on HK so badly.
stevie likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 11:11 am

I am diamond and going to stay at Conrad HK in a couple of weeks. Will my spouse and two kids (11 and 4 years old) have access to breakfast at Garden Cafe or lounge? It seems that the benefits state only 1 guest.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by YellowTeal
I am diamond and going to stay at Conrad HK in a couple of weeks. Will my spouse and two kids (11 and 4 years old) have access to breakfast at Garden Cafe or lounge? It seems that the benefits state only 1 guest.
Both garden cafe and lounge.
I am gold, booked 2 rooms in Early December but allowed 2A and 2C to use the lounge and breakfast covered for them.
Remaining 1A and 1C was supposed to be charged but magically waived. (In any case the hello hong kong rate would have covered for them anyway)
Worst case get them to write down the entitlement on the welcome letter / cardboard docket.

So it shouldn't be an issue for you.
P.S If you dont get a bear... just ask the counter.
YellowTeal likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by stevie
I did not see her this time around, and I only saw Ken there once during my visit.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Eunice was no longer at the Conrad when I visited in 2019. I believe she left in 2018.

Glad to know that Ken is still there.
SanDiego1K and teemuflyer like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by yeekin
Both garden cafe and lounge.
I am gold, booked 2 rooms in Early December but allowed 2A and 2C to use the lounge and breakfast covered for them.
Remaining 1A and 1C was supposed to be charged but magically waived. (In any case the hello hong kong rate would have covered for them anyway)
Worst case get them to write down the entitlement on the welcome letter / cardboard docket.

So it shouldn't be an issue for you.
P.S If you dont get a bear... just ask the counter.
Thank you!!
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bamboola
Eunice was no longer at the Conrad when I visited in 2019. I believe she left in 2018.

Glad to know that Ken is still there.
Yes, great to hear. He is awesome,
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:29 am

A bit of a late travel report but we stayed there for one night before our flight out of HKG, around US Thanksgiving.

As Diamond, got upgraded to an executive king on the 61st floor. I thought that the lounge was on the top floor so it was wild to have to go downstairs to 59th for the lounge. Rooms feel a bit dated compared to the Hyatts we stayed at earlier this trip but unbeatable views.

They were able to check us in at noon when we were hoping to just drop off some bags, and a late 2pm checkout as well, so that was really nice.

Had a bear in the room, no ducks.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by yucombinator
A bit of a late travel report but we stayed there for one night before our flight out of HKG, around US Thanksgiving.

As Diamond, got upgraded to an executive king on the 61st floor. I thought that the lounge was on the top floor so it was wild to have to go downstairs to 59th for the lounge. Rooms feel a bit dated compared to the Hyatts we stayed at earlier this trip but unbeatable views.

They were able to check us in at noon when we were hoping to just drop off some bags, and a late 2pm checkout as well, so that was really nice.

Had a bear in the room, no ducks.
Did you try asking for a 4 PM checkout?
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:41 am

We had a flight to catch so I asked for 1PM originally, offered 2PM.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by yucombinator
We had a flight to catch so I asked for 1PM originally, offered 2PM.
Too bad Hilton doesn't guarantee late checkout.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:44 am

I am meant to stay here in a couple of weeks and see from website now that pool and garden cafe closed for 2 months. No idea where they will serve breakfast - maybe lobby lounge....finding it really hard to justify staying here this time as I enjoy the pool and have a weekend where I wanted to relax outdoors and swim.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:05 am

They serve breakfast in the Lobby Lounge and Executive Club. Also you will be able to use the pool at the Marriott. The location is really nice. Night time/early morning strolls in the empty mall and in Hong Kong park were a nice antidote to the intense crowds encountered everywhere.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by YellowTeal
They serve breakfast in the Lobby Lounge and Executive Club. Also you will be able to use the pool at the Marriott. The location is really nice. Night time/early morning strolls in the empty mall and in Hong Kong park were a nice antidote to the intense crowds encountered everywhere.
Yes the park is very relaxing. Although I will not be taking any strolls in an upmarket mall unless on my way to the MTR.
Do they serve breakfast to all guests at exec lounge or just those that have admittance?
Can't see the lobby lounge having the volume to cope with the demand the garden cafe has at say 8am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.