Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by stevie
Thanks for the report, going back in a couple of weeks with my wife and kids. I guess it was some type of Mainland/HK business conference given the flags?
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Just got an email from the Executive Lounge for my stay this weekend:

This Sat 1 July is HK SAR establishment day. Been 26 years since HK was handed back to China on 1 July 1997. I don't know if there are any fireworks on Sat though
Wow, I was quite wrong on those happy hour times. And, yes, the flags are for Establishment Day - I had no idea I was coming to HK during it. Flags and posters are out everywhere throughout the city - interesting for a first-time visitor.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Interesting hours for breakfast in the EL ( starting at 8am is a bit late compared to other Hiltons but they keep serving till 11am)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 28, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Interesting hours for breakfast in the EL ( starting at 8am is a bit late compared to other Hiltons but they keep serving till 11am)

Regards

TBS
Luckily, the restaurant breakfast wasn't too chaotic even at 9:30 or so.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 2:30 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Before covid lounge breakfast officially started at 0630, but food was available at 0600 if you really wanted
Old Jun 28, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Wow, I was quite wrong on those happy hour times. And, yes, the flags are for Establishment Day - I had no idea I was coming to HK during it. Flags and posters are out everywhere throughout the city - interesting for a first-time visitor.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Regards

TBS
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Luckily, the restaurant breakfast wasn't too chaotic even at 9:30 or so.
Originally Posted by :D!
Before covid lounge breakfast officially started at 0630, but food was available at 0600 if you really wanted
I so prefer the restaurant vs. the EL for breakfast. A little bit noisier, but the selection is much better.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: Meh
On a side note I always had an issue with the cocktail hour timing. 5-7pm is nigh on impossible for me to make time wise if working in an office until 5.30/6pm. Given this is a business hotel they should change those times. Other lounges went until 8pm which was more accomodating and easier to go for dinner then. And yes I know the staff will give out a drink after 7pm but all the doors are closed up and it is slightly awkward.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:16 am

Anyone have a sense of when the hotel releases standard rooms? I'm looking at staying here early next year and they only have premiums rooms in inventory but I was hoping to use points, thus looking for standard room availability.

Right now there are standard rooms through early February, but nothing beyond that.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danpeake
Anyone have a sense of when the hotel releases standard rooms? I'm looking at staying here early next year and they only have premiums rooms in inventory but I was hoping to use points, thus looking for standard room availability.

Right now there are standard rooms through early February, but nothing beyond that.
Supply and demand. Who knows what their algorithm is..
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond

Chinese new year?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I checked in this afternoon and was delighted with my 'Executive Harbour View' room, upgraded from the base type. Elegant, borderline antique but well looked after, and a beautiful view. What a contrast to the somewhat depressing room I received at the IC GS across the water! On the other hand, the lounge here is rather disappointing. They appear to allow children for the entire happy hour (which starts and finishes a little early), and in a somewhat cramped space I think this is most unfortunate. The prosecco is of the bargain supermarket variety, again in contrast to the Moët at the IC. The food is so-so. Very fried and carb-heavy with little high quality protein. I feel slightly silly for spending £300 on a room here only to eat and drink at a much cheaper level. It's a pity because the rooms and view are so nice that I'd be tempted to return if the lounge were better.
Alawyer likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:01 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by tango_echo
The prosecco is of the bargain supermarket variety, again in contrast to the Moët at the IC. The food is so-so. Very fried and carb-heavy with little high quality protein.
Just to give everyone an idea of what the offering is like at the top Hilton in HK. Chicken nuggets and shrimp toast on a Sat night - the type you get at the all you can eat Chinese at a mall in the US.

Bargain bin at your wine shop

All you can eat McNuggets at the lounge

The all children allowed policy at the evening cocktails is nor helpful and really annoying at breakfast. July is school holidays so expect a lot of screaming and chasing after little emperors before your coffee kicks in. For those of you who prefer the wider variety available at the breakfast at the cafe on LL, there will be a queue after 8am most mornings

The staff are trying their best but the lack of options for Hilton elites in HK is glaring.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by matio_svk
My first time staying in the Conrad HKG and somewhat mixed bag.... what killed me was the 20 minute line downstairs for breakfast which was ultra-crowded.
The lounge was very nice, including the breakfast spread (they also offered made to order eggs), ate there the rest of my stay.

Was pre-upgraded to an executive peak view and upon check-in was informed that unfortunately all suites are booked and I can choose either to keep my Peak view 59 floor or a lower harbour view, which I picked..

Room, well, probably used to be wow some time ago, now shows age, I had trouble getting the AC to work in a stable manner and I could never get proper hot water in the shower...

Staff very nice (especially in Lounge) and don't know if this is standard, but I got a Conrad teddy + duck every day, which was nice..

All in all, mixed feelings, if you are very Hilton loyal (I am) and need to stay in the area (I necessarily did not), then yes... I am somewhat regretting that I did not try the HGI
Were you glad to have picked the harbor view instead of peak view?

Also, did you get a different teddy everyday or same one?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 3:21 am

It seems the hotel only has standard rooms available through mid-December. Does anyone have insight on when award availability will be released for March 2024?
Looks like standard room availability has opened up through April 1, 2024.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by angel_yunjie
Were you glad to have picked the harbor view instead of peak view?

Also, did you get a different teddy everyday or same one?
As this was my first time, I cannot compare it to peak view, but harbour view was nice
Same teddy and same duck every day... are there different teddies?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Sold a Conrad HK teddy for £6 on ebay... So around a 3% rebate
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.