Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I've gotten special teddy bear when there was construction going on--had a hard hat and tool belt!
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I've gotten special teddy bear when there was construction going on--had a hard hat and tool belt!
I have that one too!
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Originally Posted by tango_echo
I checked in this afternoon and was delighted with my 'Executive Harbour View' room, upgraded from the base type. Elegant, borderline antique but well looked after, and a beautiful view. What a contrast to the somewhat depressing room I received at the IC GS across the water! On the other hand, the lounge here is rather disappointing. They appear to allow children for the entire happy hour (which starts and finishes a little early), and in a somewhat cramped space I think this is most unfortunate. The prosecco is of the bargain supermarket variety, again in contrast to the Moët at the IC. The food is so-so. Very fried and carb-heavy with little high quality protein. I feel slightly silly for spending £300 on a room here only to eat and drink at a much cheaper level. It's a pity because the rooms and view are so nice that I'd be tempted to return if the lounge were better.
Hi Tango-echo. Just debating between staying in the ICGS (I have stayed several times before Covid) and the Conrad (this would be my first stay). I am diamond with HH and IHG. I have IHG Lounge access pass with IHG I have enjoyed the ICGS lounge in the past. Even club rooms (I have currently booked basic but the pass would allow me access) are not great at the GS but I don't spend much in the room anyways so the main deciding factor for me will be the lounge. I would have thought the Conrad lounge was much better? Did you find the food and drinks offer better at the GS? I also have to say it has always been a very relaxed environment for happy hour.

As a datapoint, I have reservations on points (around 35k each night in the GS) and I have cancellable nights with the 800 HKD credit each night for 330 Euro at the Conrad.

The lounge for the Regent won't be open for my stay so the Conrad or IHGS are my options
Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Interesting hours for breakfast in the EL ( starting at 8am is a bit late compared to other Hiltons but they keep serving till 11am)
Starting at 8 is very annoying for us - we like to start our day early! 6:30 was the perfect time for us.

Audrey
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by palermo
Hi Tango-echo. Just debating between staying in the ICGS (I have stayed several times before Covid) and the Conrad (this would be my first stay). I am diamond with HH and IHG. I have IHG Lounge access pass with IHG I have enjoyed the ICGS lounge in the past. Even club rooms (I have currently booked basic but the pass would allow me access) are not great at the GS but I don't spend much in the room anyways so the main deciding factor for me will be the lounge. I would have thought the Conrad lounge was much better? Did you find the food and drinks offer better at the GS? I also have to say it has always been a very relaxed environment for happy hour.

As a datapoint, I have reservations on points (around 35k each night in the GS) and I have cancellable nights with the 800 HKD credit each night for 330 Euro at the Conrad.
If the lounge is the decider for you I'd go for the ICGS, because you'll be paying significantly less than the Conrad and getting a lot more - a larger, more comfortable, lounge with (at least when I was there) free flow champagne as opposed to the cheapest possible prosecco. The food was at least as good at ICGS and if anything slightly better. That said, the high floor of the Conrad lounge is pretty good for looking out at the harbour and in my opinion the rooms are a lot nicer. The room I got from booking the basic rate and being upgraded a couple of (largely fictional) categories at ICGS was pretty poor. I didn't think any five star hotel still had shower curtains!
BlondeBomber and palermo like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 1:38 am

Programs: Meh
I am going back for a week early December. Wondering if there are any improvements as I have seen no positive changes in many years, still a solid hotel in fairness.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 5:33 am

If you can afford the time to, Stevie, kindly tell us your experience after your visit. I'm sure there're many of us here yearning to stay in touch with this lovely property and its wonderful staff. Many thanks. Hope you get some free teddy bears and ducklings!
stevie likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Yes, the Conrad Hong Kong has been my go-to property in the past, and hopefully in the future, as I make my 1 ro 2 nights stop in Hong Kong on my way to Bangkok (as Plan B instead of Tokyo Haneda)
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:19 am

If you have at least Gold status, then it is worth staying there. If not, there are other option for that price. I stayed at Conrad Hong Kong many times before Covid, and was very satisfied. Once I didn`t have Diamond status any longer, I was treated differently by the lounge manager (who was literally bowing when I had Diamond level).
:D! likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
No longer a diamond

Originally Posted by ACR2013
If you have at least Gold status, then it is worth staying there. If not, there are other option for that price. I stayed at Conrad Hong Kong many times before Covid, and was very satisfied. Once I didn`t have Diamond status any longer, I was treated differently by the lounge manager (who was literally bowing when I had Diamond level).
When you were no longer a diamond did they still allow you to access the lounge and give you free breakfast?
Old Nov 23, 2023, 5:26 am

Good question, Beano! Also: did they upgrade you to a suite? Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, IHG Spire Ambassador, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Just back from my first stay and have to say overall impressed. This was a complete leisure trip and I had booked (on points) a King Bed Deluxe Room and was upgraded to King Exec Harbour View Room. As a reference point I am a Hilton Diamond

My thoughts by area are as follows:

Executive Lounge - Small but very nice with an amazing view of the Harbor. Staff was warm and friendly and the service was excellent. My only real objection was that the evening happy hour is from 5:00-7:00 and while the light bites, snacks, and drinks were very nice, I would have greatly preferred if drinks were available later into the evening.

Dining - limited experience here as I only ate breakfast at the Conrad, too many other options outside to enjoy. While I did have access to the offerings in the lounge I choose to eat at the Garden Cafe (buffet that was included as a Diamond). Once again the service was excellent and the food offerings extensive. Dining room was busy but never experienced a wait of more than a minute or two.

Room - was on the 58th floor and the view is spectacular, especially in the evenings. Room was in excellent condition, and the bed comfortable. Overall nothing bad to say about the room - was a very nice room as expected. Also for those that have stayed before there was a bear waiting for me on the desk when I arrived.

Other - the pool area was small but comfortable. Pool water was at a nice temperature for both a light swim and relaxing after a day wandering the city, The hot tub was nice as well but very small with just 2 lounge chairs in it. One note on the lounge chairs is I am 6'4 and they are not designed for my height - a rolled towel behind my head solved the issue but clearly not designed for tall people. The Pacific Place shopping mall which can be reached by elevator below the hotel was a nice added benefit. Great selection of stores, mostly higher end, with a few dining options as well.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Stayed there for a night. Upgraded from standard peak to executive room as Gold with the hello Hong Kong deal. The hello Hong Kong deal is worth it as the booking rate is cheaper than standard and gives 800hkd as dining credit
​​​​​​
The lounge view is somewhat better than the JW with not much people there during happy hour on a weekday.
breakfast is inclusive as gold but I used the 800hkd dining credit for another room booked by ctrip which only covers 2 adults and not 1 adult and 2 child.
For the ctrip bear I initially didn't get it in the room but I enquired at check out just to try my luck and was given it in plastic wrapping.
​​​​​Didnt see or get any ducks.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC
Does anyone have the Concierge email? Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: Meh
Just back from 5 nights at the Conrad. It is one of my favourite hotels in the world and I have stayed here a long time.
My latest experience:
  • Check-in at main lobby very quick and efficient. As Lifetime diamond upgraded to harbourview exec on top floor (app was showing suite the previous day!)
  • Room the very same as 15 years ago. Curtains same, carpet same and aged, bathroom fixtures the same. They are all dated to me at this stage, although acceptable. View from my room magical. Bed and pillows very good.
  • No bear/duck
  • Lounge was packed each evening but did not have to wait. Each night I felt I was up on top of the table next to me. Snacks average, staff younger and efficient, more than personal. Drinks average. I agree 5-7pm too early. View to die for of course, best in the world for me. But other then that all a bit manic with a lot of people squeezed into what is a compressed space.
  • Breakfast in lounge is ok, and in the cafe downstairs I felt it was not as good as before and selection a little less. I had a pretty crap $40 burger in the bar lounge one evening, and apart from that ate outside the hotel.
  • I had a wonder around the connected mall but it is top end and prices are simply not competitive.
  • MTR for my needs very convenient.
  • Late check out allowed and this is a big benefit for me at this hotel having a late night flight usually.

I stayed at the IC Grand Stanford before going to China for a week and returning to the Conrad. View notwithstanding, the IC lounge is vastly superior with spacious lay out, quality of drinks and food, and 5.30-8pm cocktail hour. It is far relaxing than the Conrad. Whether the location is convenient is down to personal circumstances. I also took a walk through the Shangri-La next door to Conrad and this hotel is a clear class above the Conrad now. I would rate the Conrad 4 star, and after years of loyalty think I am ready to stop staying there. It might be me, but the hotel is stale in terms of refurbishment and offerings. The Conrad, for me, is living off it's location and views, rather than also being a truly 5 star hotel. It should have refurbished the rooms during covid but hey, thats a different discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.