Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2023, 3:15 am

Programs: Meh
I have spent hundreds of nights here over the years and it is always a solid offering, the staff being top quality. However, if there was even a Hilton to choose from I would certainly give that a go. HGI too far out to be an option.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:31 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
The guest next to me at check-in seemed disappointed in the lack of a Harbour view upgrade, but I must say - the peak views are really nice - what a unique aspect of Hong Kong right out your window!
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The guest next to me at check-in seemed disappointed in the lack of a Harbour view upgrade, but I must say - the peak views are really nice - what a unique aspect of Hong Kong right out your window!
I actually prefer the peak view in the morning when I wake up. Very soothing. I get plenty of Harbor views from the EL .
Old Jun 26, 2023, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who cares about a Harbour view FROM the island? These things only matter if staying in Kowloon.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
Who cares about a Harbour view FROM the island? These things only matter if staying in Kowloon.
There's a little gem of a hotel called the Peninsula on the Kowloon side where it is rumored has great views of the Harbor (with a corresponding price} .
Old Jun 27, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I really enjoyed my time at the Conrad Hong Kong - it's very traditional but well-maintained. The peak view felt very special for the local area. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Note: My rate included an 800 HKD dining credit, which worked at any restaurant and in IRD - hence, I'll have more dining comments than usual.

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a nice Executive Peak King on the same floor as the lounge - 59 - not sure if other room types were available
  • Really liked the design - it's traditional but the furniture was comfortable
  • The bed was very comfortable - plush mattress, plush pillows, decently plush covers
  • Lovely view of the surrounding peaks and green spaces
  • Shower pressure was quite strong
  • Walk-in closet
  • Very cute stuffed bear and rubber ducky in the room
  • Delivered some nice chocolates as a welcome gift
  • Executive Lounge quite strong
    • Attentive staff that really wanted to get drinks ready
    • Quite tasty spinach puff pastry and brownie cakes at evening service
    • Lively harbour views
    • Even the shortbread cookies were good
  • Enjoyed my burger and fries at the Lobby Lounge - though, I wish the burger patty itself was a bit more flat to cover the whole bun
  • The linguine carbonara from IRD was really good and delivered quickly
  • Breakfast is either in the lounge or the restaurant - I ate in the restaurant on LL
    • Tasty hashbrowns, omelets, bacon, waffles, hashbrown ham casserole
  • Easy connection to Pacific Place on floor 3 (signed as 3 in the mall and in the hotel)
Neutral:
  • Asked morning of departure - only got 1 PM checkout due to busy hotel
Cons:
  • No Internet streaming on the TVs
Overall, I would definitely return.

Photos:

Old Jun 27, 2023, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Excellent report and photos elevatorenthusuast.

Looked like you got perfect weather

Hope to get to hong kong in december ( heading to dubai and abu dhabi in 3 weeks and staying at both the conrads)

Regards
Tbs
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 27, 2023 at 4:51 pm
Old Jun 27, 2023, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Excellent report and photos elevatorenthusuast.

Looked like you got perfect weather

Hope to get to hong kong in december ( heading to dubai and abu dhabi in 3 weeks)

Regards
Tbs
It had been quite a rainy morning, but it cleared up later in the day and left some absolutely stunning cloud formations across the harbour. It's still as humid as the inside of a whale, though (I assume)!
ShadowPhoenix likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Thanks for that, fond memories
Old Jun 27, 2023, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Stayed here many times and always enjoyed the stay and the service. Thanks for the pictures. Does not like look anything was updated during the pandemic as everything looks the same. You say the hotel was busy and you could not get a late checkout. Is it business that has come back, since I am guessing leisure to Hong Kong is not near pre pandemic levels, but I could be incorrect.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide
Stayed here many times and always enjoyed the stay and the service. Thanks for the pictures. Does not like look anything was updated during the pandemic as everything looks the same. You say the hotel was busy and you could not get a late checkout. Is it business that has come back, since I am guessing leisure to Hong Kong is not near pre pandemic levels, but I could be incorrect.
There was some sort of business conference being hosted at the hotel, and the dining establishments all looked busy - even the Lobby Lounge was busy at 3 PM.
worldiswide likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
I really enjoyed my time at the Conrad Hong Kong - it's very traditional but well-maintained. The peak view felt very special for the local area. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Note: My rate included an 800 HKD dining credit, which worked at any restaurant and in IRD - hence, I'll have more dining comments than usual
From your reviews of the Marriotts in Seoul, Bangkok and KL, I thought you would use the excuse to check out the JW instead of the Conrad!

Nice photos. What time is the happy hour at the executive lounge these days?
Old Jun 28, 2023, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer
From your reviews of the Marriotts in Seoul, Bangkok and KL, I thought you would use the excuse to check out the JW instead of the Conrad!

Nice photos. What time is the happy hour at the executive lounge these days?
Typing this from the JW now! I'm 95 percent sure it started at 5:30, but I don't remember if it ended at 7:30 or 8.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: Meh
Typing this from the JW now! I'm 95 percent sure it started at 5:30, but I don't remember if it ended at 7:30 or 8.
Thanks for the report, going back in a couple of weeks with my wife and kids. I guess it was some type of Mainland/HK business conference given the flags?
Old Jun 28, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Just got an email from the Executive Lounge for my stay this weekend:

Originally Posted by stevie
Thanks for the report, going back in a couple of weeks with my wife and kids. I guess it was some type of Mainland/HK business conference given the flags?
This Sat 1 July is HK SAR establishment day. Been 26 years since HK was handed back to China on 1 July 1997. I don't know if there are any fireworks on Sat though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.