Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW HILTON PROMO - FREE GOLD VIP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2001, 12:53 pm

Originally posted by fly4free:
If I book two rooms at a Garden Inn for the same date, one room for myself and one for my folks and I pay for both rooms, will this count as two stays toward my "Gold Challenge"?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Old Apr 22, 2001, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, Delta GLD, Hilton GLD
just called and enrolled in the EWRDC bonus code. Thanks TravelManKen. Actually Den1k called me and told me about the promotion but original credit goes to this thread. Because of signing up after reading this board I have earned over 190,000 hilton points since Dec 1 and will earn about 70,000 more within next six weeks. five or six stays currently scheduled. Thanks all.
Old Apr 22, 2001, 3:30 pm

Location: London. BA Silver, VA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Silver.
Guys,

Thanks to all. Am now also a Hilton Gold member - which is good as our travel policy seems to have changed to book Hilton's as much as possible
Wonderful site, this!
Old Apr 22, 2001, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
BajanYankee, how did you get all 50k bonus points with only one stay? That is something I am curious about, as I am getting ready to plan a slew of stays (read 4).
Old Apr 22, 2001, 9:10 pm

If I am not mistaken, it takes four stays.
Old Apr 22, 2001, 9:53 pm

Originally posted by ptpinit:
BajanYankee, how did you get all 50k bonus points with only one stay?
Something similar happened to a friend of mine on the earlier Gold Challenge (BT2YM) promotion. He had already stayed at a Hilton three times during the period the promotion was running, but before he signed up. Apparently (we speculated) when the computer saw he had signed up, it credited his stays from the time of the beginning of the promotion rather than from the time of sign-up, so he needed only the one further stay to make 4 stays.

[This message has been edited by Counsellor (edited 04-22-2001).]
Old Apr 23, 2001, 4:41 am

Now I'm really getting confused. I signed up for the e-rewards gold challenge on 4/21 and asked if my stays earlier in the month would count towards the four needed stays, I was told that they would not count. I needed four stays after registering for the promo. Is the e-rewards Gold Challenge the same as the 50k that others are referring to?
Old Apr 23, 2001, 6:19 am

Just got in mail (at Chiba, Japan) a Gold Card, valid til April 2002. Need to register by June 15, then max. 50k for 4 stays if made within 90 days of registering. The cover letter is addressed to UA MP members (doesn't refer to any premier status). Great promo!
Old Apr 23, 2001, 6:23 am

Originally posted by ptpinit:
BajanYankee, how did you get all 50k bonus points with only one stay? That is something I am curious about, as I am getting ready to plan a slew of stays (read 4).
I really have no explanation myself. All I know is that I joined HH last year and got a blue card and did a few profile updates. I called and signed-up using the BYTM code in late February and got the Gold VIP card, stayed at my very first Hilton in late March, and early this month all 50K points posted to my account together with the 4K "threshold bonus." 5K posted under Hotel Activity as the 1st. BYTM, and the others (2nd, 3rd, and 4th) and the threshold bonus posted under Other Activity.

Old Apr 23, 2001, 6:53 am

I just got off the phone with HHonors, and it seems like the lady I got on the phone was less than knowledgeable about the whole program. I knew I should be a bit leary when I gave her the "EWRDC" code and she just said "Ok you're signed up." and that was it. I asked for more information, and she told me that if I have four qualifying stays over the next 90 days, I'll receive 10,000 bonus points. I asked, "Does that mean 10,000 x 4 stays = 40,000 points, or 10,000 total?" She told me it was 10,000 total. I've been told before that some of the HHonors support people are not knowledgeable, and I should just hang up and call right back. Is this true? What do you guys recommend? I want my 50,000 points! Thanks in advance..
Old Apr 23, 2001, 7:00 am

Originally posted by mattyg30:
I just got off the phone with HHonors, and it seems like the lady I got on the phone was less than knowledgeable about the whole program. I knew I should be a bit leary when I gave her the "EWRDC" code and she just said "Ok you're signed up." and that was it. I asked for more information, and she told me that if I have four qualifying stays over the next 90 days, I'll receive 10,000 bonus points. I asked, "Does that mean 10,000 x 4 stays = 40,000 points, or 10,000 total?" She told me it was 10,000 total. I've been told before that some of the HHonors support people are not knowledgeable, and I should just hang up and call right back. Is this true? What do you guys recommend? I want my 50,000 points! Thanks in advance..
Call up again and confirm. I enrolled my wife on Saturday under the same code and it was a 50K bonus.
Old Apr 23, 2001, 8:20 am
DOC 2 BE

TravelMan Ken or anyone else--

I request that someone start a new post/ thread concerning the EWRDC promtion and the operative dates, etc. as I am was not aware that 50,000 bonus points could be earned, as well!

I was already a GOLD VIP and had seen the beginning of this thread earlier. As I was a Gold VIP and had read that the original import of this thread was just to secure a new gold card, I had neglected it for quite some time. However, as it began to grow, my curiosity got the better of me, and I read that there is a new POINT EARNING promotion.

I truly believe that many other HHonors members have not been bothering to read this thread, as it only signifies the securing of a new gold card that many of us have. That is why a new thread advertising the point earning capabilty ought to be started.

I look forward to its posting!

BTW, does anyone know if this is retroactive, and if so, to what date?

Thanx!

Old Apr 23, 2001, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, RC PLT, SPG PLT
Just got off the phone with HH and got some additional information (pardon if this has already been said)

1st stay w/i 90 day period - 5,000 pts
2nd stay w/i 90 day period - 10,000 pts
3rd stay w/i 90 day period - 15,000 pts
4th stay w/i 90 day period - 20,000 pts

For a grand total of 50k. So, looks like even if you don't complete all 4 stays you still get bonus points.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 23, 2001, 12:50 pm

I just got off the phone for the second time with HHonors, and neither agent had any information about bonus mile-earning aspects of promotion EWRDC (the second agent actually seemed to know what she was talking about, too). I had received an Erewards email myself regarding this promotion, but it only mentioned attaining Gold status.

Does anyone have a URL or email that confirms that there is a 50,000 point-earning potential for this promotion? Or should I keep calling back Hilton HHonors until someone confirms it?

Old Apr 23, 2001, 2:09 pm

Well, I just answered my own question. I finally found my original e-mail, and it contained this link: http://www.e-rewards.com/pro/pro.asp?FT=BPJPBZX681DR0

Here is the text:

Enroll Online Now to Enjoy Generous Point Bonuses, Upgrades & More.

Enroll in Hilton HHonors®, the only guest reward program to let you earn both Points & Miles™ for the same stay — what HHonors calls Double Dipping®. When you do, you'll receive automatic Gold VIP status. Normally, you would need 16 qualifying stays or 36 qualifying nights in a calendar year to achieve this standing. But because you are a valued member of e-Rewards®, you can instantly begin enjoying all the benefits of this prestigious VIP tier right away. As an HHonors Gold VIP member, you'll enjoy fantastic privileges including:

25% bonus on all HHonors Base points credited for your stays while you're a Gold VIP member
4,000 bonus points after every four qualifying stays in
a calendar quarter

Upgraded accommodations/amenities when available
Complimentary health club privileges (where owned and
operated by the hotel)

VIP-only rewards

Plus, Earn 50,000 Bonus
Points — Enough for
a Free Weekend Stay!

Receive up to 50,000 bonus points for your first four stays within 90 days of enrollment. Simply enroll by June 1, 2001, and you'll earn 5,000 HHonors points for your first stay, 10,000 points for your second stay, 15,000 points for your third stay and 20,000 for your fourth stay. That's a total of 50,000 HHonors points — enough for three free nights at many participating HHonors hotels.

Enroll Online to Earn an Additional
1,000 HHonors Points.
HHonors will also give you an additional 1,000 HHonors bonus points just for enrolling online. (Bonus is for online enrollment only.) If you're already an HHonors member and would like to take advantage of this offer, call 1-800-548-8690 and mention the promotion code EWRDC.

Hurry! You must enroll by June 1, 2001.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.