Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW HILTON PROMO - FREE GOLD VIP

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2001, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Same as others above, just signed up for EWRDC with a friendly chap named Winston. Finished BT2YM last weekend, 3 Hampton stays and 1 HGI stay within the last 3 weeks, 50k bonus + 4k threshold bonus. Now, we shall see if retroactive credit is applied for those 4 stays I'll report back with the verdict.

My Gold VIP card says it expires 4/02, but Winston told me that since I got the Gold through BT2YM, it would be good through 12/02 (or should it be 4/03). Can anyone confirm this?
Old May 16, 2001, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Same as others above, just signed up for EWRDC with a friendly chap named Winston. Finished BT2YM last weekend, 3 Hampton stays and 1 HGI stay within the last 3 weeks, 50k bonus + 4k threshold bonus. Now, we shall see if retroactive credit is applied for those 4 stays I'll report back with the verdict.

My Gold VIP card says it expires 4/02, but Winston told me that since I got the Gold through BT2YM, it would be good through 12/02 (or should it be 4/03). Can anyone confirm this?
Old May 16, 2001, 7:55 pm

Question - I am now a Silver. Want to upgrade to the Gold before the end of the month. What are the requirements to maintain the gold status? Family only does leisure travel. How long do the points last before they expire?
Old May 16, 2001, 7:58 pm

Question - I am now a Silver. Want to upgrade to the Gold before the end of the month. What are the requirements to maintain the gold status? Family only does leisure travel. How long do the points last before they expire?
Old May 17, 2001, 7:27 am

Today I received a e-mail from Hilton Service Centre:

Dear Mr Absolon,

I apologise that it has taken so long to respond to your request for information on the e-Reward 'EWRDC' promotion. I have had to contact the Hilton HHonors Head Office in Dallas by E-mail and have only just received a reply. Apparently this promotion is only valid for residents in the US and Canada the moment. It will be available for European
residents to benefit from in the near future and you will be contacted by e-mail when this is the case. All you have to do is reply to the original promotion E-mail by typing 'International account to be notified once e-Rewards is available internationally'.

As we are currently unable to upgrade your account with this promotion, as compensation I have goodwilled you 3,000 HHonors points.

Best Regards,

Customer Service Advisor
The best of all is that I am already a Gold VIP member and I´ve got a compensation !

Go(l)d bless you, Hilton !

Absik001
Old May 17, 2001, 7:50 am

MaryAO,

Welcome

You question is answered above, but the quick answer is that for this promotion you need to stay 4 times in 90 days from enrollments for a 50,000 bonus -- and you stay gold for the year (believe until 4/03). That gives you the whole summer!

The 'standard' for remaining Gold would be that you would have to stay 16 times (or 36 days) in a year. So you would have to meet that (in 2002) to maintain Gold after 4/2003.

The points do not expire, at this point. You can always keep your account active by popping by http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/profile/
and earning 1,000 points for updating your account.

I too am new to this, but believe that is correct (from reading, reading, reading :eek .
Old May 17, 2001, 8:13 am

Location: Boston, MA, USA--The home of the World Champion New England Patriots
Cat333 you summed it up perfectly--my only question is to>ptpinit--what is the 4k threshold bonus you talk about?
Old May 17, 2001, 8:21 am

MagicMiler -- that is the reward you receive after 4 stays as a Gold member ('standard' gold level reward). With this promo you get both the 50,000 and the 4,000 after 4 stays! Nice deal, huh!
Old May 17, 2001, 9:10 am
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by cat333:
MagicMiler -- that is the reward you receive after 4 stays as a Gold member ('standard' gold level reward). With this promo you get both the 50,000 and the 4,000 after 4 stays! Nice deal, huh!
Welcome, Newbies.

That is 4 stays in a Calendar Quarter, though!

Old May 17, 2001, 9:35 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I've had good luck with this (and another) promo

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000587.html
Old May 17, 2001, 10:37 am
DOC 2 BE

One piece of advice to you all. I don't know why you are all running out to complete this EWRDC promo right now. I intend to sign up for it on 5/30 and then start spending my nights at Hilton, etc. after 6/1/01. Then, after my first stay and my charge with my AMEX, I will get DOUBLE POINTS and MILES for all the subsequent stays. Therefore, I will earn the 50,000 point bonus plus be receiving the extra points and miles from my second stay onward.

Also, its the summer, when you are supposed to be on vacation!

Old May 17, 2001, 1:59 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I just signed up for the promotion, no-go for retro credit for the 2 stays I had back in April. It's not problem though as 4 stays is not that hard to get..
Old May 17, 2001, 2:22 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
DOC 2 BE: My stays are already booked. No "value rates" in there, either.

Good thing I made my reservations before Hilton "broke" their web site!
Old Aug 22, 2001, 5:00 am
Original Member

deleted

[This message has been edited by ffhound (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old Aug 29, 2001, 6:30 pm

I signed up for this promotion today. i don't
know if it was extended, but it was no problem. Code EWRDC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.