Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by ozztraveller
I knew they charged a premium but that is more than I would have thought.

Theres usually a few pre paid non refundable sales during the year that you can book most of those dates around half those prices.Except for 31/12 which I have found will not change in price till a week out and no matter how you book it is non refundable. The other 2 nights vary year to year but still double what I would usually pay when booking closer to the date. Unfortunately they charge you for orgainsing your holiday plans in advance.

If you can put off booking till later in the year you should be able to better those prices.
If you have the points 24-29 is showing as 63 000pts / night non refundable for a deluxe room.
Thanks ozztraveller,

I am not in a hurry, just did not want to wait till too late and unable to secure a room.

I will hold off for now..

Thanks!
Globalist
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Had a fascinating thing happen. I've been trying to get dates for 10-12 February, but the sticking point has been Saturday night, which had been minimum AUD636, and Friday AUD361. As I have a work accommodation limit of AUD420 per night, I was going to stay at the Sheraton on the Park on Saturday instead.

Last night, they might have had cancellations because last night, just two days before, I was able to get King Hilton Guestroom Plus rooms for AUD244 for both nights - and this morning I'm glad I did, because Friday is now sold out and Saturday is up at AUD361.'

If ever there was a reason not to book non-refundable bookings in advance when things are expensive, this is it.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:02 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beardoc
Had a fascinating thing happen. I've been trying to get dates for 10-12 February, but the sticking point has been Saturday night, which had been minimum AUD636, and Friday AUD361. As I have a work accommodation limit of AUD420 per night, I was going to stay at the Sheraton on the Park on Saturday instead.

Last night, they might have had cancellations because last night, just two days before, I was able to get King Hilton Guestroom Plus rooms for AUD244 for both nights - and this morning I'm glad I did, because Friday is now sold out and Saturday is up at AUD361.'

If ever there was a reason not to book non-refundable bookings in advance when things are expensive, this is it.
This property consistently reduces prices closer to check in. I don't stay at Hilton often enough to know if it's chain wide but seems an odd approach to inventory management.

I never book prepaid rates, regardless.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
This property consistently reduces prices closer to check in. I don't stay at Hilton often enough to know if it's chain wide but seems an odd approach to inventory management.

I never book prepaid rates, regardless.
I had the same experience with the Parmelia Hilton in Perth, but nowhere else. Certainly it's unusual outside Australia.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
It is just that they have not set any rates for any date after December 28th, 2017. I am looking for dates in January 2018 and have been watching the site for weeks. Rates seem to get posted about 10-11 months in advance and therefore, if they follow the pattern, rates for late December 2017 and January 2018 should get posted late February or early March.
Hilton has now published on-line their rates from January 4 2018 to the end of the month. They have not published the New Year's Eve period rates as yet. Rates in January are in the $700-900+ range. Unbelievable! This is the quietest time of the year. Who are they kidding?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:19 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Hilton has now published on-line their rates from January 4 2018 to the end of the month. They have not published the New Year's Eve period rates as yet. Rates in January are in the $700-900+ range. Unbelievable! This is the quietest time of the year. Who are they kidding?
They are probably just default RACK rates.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:22 pm

I hope so. But I haven't seen them do that before.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
January in Sydney is far from the quietest time of the year. Peak summer coinciding with Chinese New Year. Note that the Hilton now has Chinese investment so it is close to its key market in terms of filling and pricing.
Last week I went to BNE in the evening from SYD rather than stay in SYD and take a morning flight to BNE: SYD Hilton $790/BNE Hilton $280.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
January in Sydney is far from the quietest time of the year. Peak summer coinciding with Chinese New Year. Note that the Hilton now has Chinese investment so it is close to its key market in terms of filling and pricing.
Last week I went to BNE in the evening from SYD rather than stay in SYD and take a morning flight to BNE: SYD Hilton $790/BNE Hilton $280.
Specifically I was talking about the middle weeks of January. For the last 11 years I have had an annual 10-12 days in Sydney (I attend an annual event) and many stays have been at the Hilton. This year the rate I could get at the Hilton was AUD227.05. The hotel. including the lounge, was very busy on Friday/Saturdays. For the rest of the week the hotel and the lounge were very peaceful. Also, business traffic then is very low. YMMV.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:13 pm

"Real" rates have now been loaded for most of January but still not for the immediate New Year's Eve period.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Standard Rooms Not Available Through Hilton.com

I was just looking for some dates in June and noticed that there are no standard rooms available through Hilton.com, however they are available on Kayak, Priceline, Expedia, etc. Is this normal and does anyone know if Hilton requires rooms to be available through Hilton.com?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by N104UA
I was just looking for some dates in June and noticed that there are no standard rooms available through Hilton.com, however they are available on Kayak, Priceline, Expedia, etc. Is this normal and does anyone know if Hilton requires rooms to be available through Hilton.com?
This hotel is famous for playing all sorts of games - mainly, sky-high rates if you book in advance and then the rates drop dramatically if you book one or two days before checking in.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Chinese New Year in 2018 is 16th Feb, there will not be any chinese tourist coming in Jan 2017.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:15 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Chinese New Year in 2018 is 16th Feb, there will not be any chinese tourist coming in Jan 2017.
You clearly haven't been in Sydney during Summer.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I almost choked on my tea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.