Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2003, 2:05 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JamesD10:
...grab one of those Oahu discount books from the kiosk in the center of the terminal when you land or from the concierge at the hotel. In it, you'll find a coupon good for a taxi from your hotel to the airport for about $12.00, flat rate.</font>
Was just about to ask how much a taxi was from HNL to Waikiki, but you answered it. Thanks.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jun 5, 2003, 2:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Was just about to ask how much a taxi was from HNL to Waikiki, but you answered it. Thanks.</font>
FWIW, that $12 flat rate (maybe a tad higher now) is valid only going to the airport from Waikiki, but not from HNL.

fscher's suggestion on using Oahu Shuttle Service or Star Taxi (800-671-2999, requires advance reservation, but if you call from the airport, they may have a car close enough to get there while you're waiting for your luggage) may be your best bet from HNL.

&lt;Edited to add phone #&gt;

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 06-05-2003).]
Old Jun 5, 2003, 3:25 pm

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by littleleaguemom:
Hertz is on-site. You should be able to get a car for $50 or less for the one day you may need it. Alamo is around the corner.</font>
Alamo is in fact right around the corner and, at least over Memorial Day weekend, was offering the same discounted rates and promo codes ($21/day or so) as the airport location. Hertz and everyone else had much higher "non-airport" rates in effect.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 3:27 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
Seems I used Budget which is also right around the corner. They also let me drop the car off at the airport.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 11:20 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
I totally agree.. my first time as a silver for years... not sure how I will be treated.. but will find out...
Old Jun 6, 2003, 6:11 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

With Hilton properties, your status will be reflected at check-in.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Jun 6, 2003, 8:01 am

Hilton Hawaiian Village -extra people

I am going to the HHV using the ALON award and I may have a couple join us for 2 days. Do i need to let the hotel know or will they have hotel and beach access as long as they have a key card. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As a Silver, you will be treated to the worst room in the hotel, forced to change your own bed, and clean your own washroom. The benefit is that you get to keep whatever you decide to tip yourself. I guess you won't get upgraded to an Exec level room if one were to be available at the property, nor get the breakfast benefit. Silver is Silver, and you get what goes with that status level. Gold is better, and Diamond the best...

Just expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if you get something. If you go in expecting too much, you are bound to be disappointed and feel miserable for that otherwise could be an enjoyable week.

Old Jun 6, 2003, 10:16 am

Programs: Everyone!
I just made Diamond, but I have a lot of upcoming award stays at Hawaii, Rome, etc...that were made as a Gold member. Should I call to have them check the reservation or does the consensus indicate that I will be taken care of??
Old Jun 6, 2003, 11:34 am

Can I book an ALON for 4 nights instead of 6?

Can an ALON be used only for 4 nights? We have a 6 night stay at HVV in August but only the last 4 nights are available as award nights.

Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2003, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Shouldn't be a problem. We used one for 5 nights, but felt like we were wasting a day. Even at 4 days however, the reward remains a reasonable value.

Probably a good idea to contact the hotel directly to confirm, rather than HHonors Reservations.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 12:53 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jkzahn:
I just made Diamond, but I have a lot of upcoming award stays at Hawaii, Rome, etc...that were made as a Gold member. Should I call to have them check the reservation or does the consensus indicate that I will be taken care of??</font>
I also just made Diamond. I e-mailed HWV asking if I needed to do anything to update my status for an August ALON stay that I reserved when Gold. They replied that the Diamond status was shown on my account and that I would receive all the Diamond benefits for my stay.

Old Jun 6, 2003, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHons diamond
As a gold member I booked two stays in March for stays last month. When the stays came around I was silver...but when I arrived at the hotel I was treated as gold with invitation to lounges. So my experience was that the status at time of booking was the important thing.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 2:56 pm

This should not be a problem at all. I had an unexpected guest accompany my family last year on an ALON w/ no problems. The resort is very open so you don't need ID or key cards to do anything there. If the truth be told, anyone could just walk up to the Hotel from the beach or street and use the pools, etc.

------------------
Always Alaska, Hilton and SWA (not by choice)
Old Jun 6, 2003, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I posted my actual HHV trip report on this board. For the purposes of this thread, I'll summarize: they absolutely knew my status at check-in. They knew I was Gold when I booked the room in April and they knew I was Silver when I was standing there at check-in asking for a nice, big ocean view room. I was surprised by this: I thought they would either think of me as pure-Gold or pure-Silver.

To summarize, the hotel was at 60% occupancy, so they gave me "partial Gold" treatment. No Rainbow Tower corner room, but a nice ocean view Tapa Tower room instead. They gave me the free breakfast card, but said they could not give me free passes to the weight room. I was reasonably pleased: they could have totally d*cked me, but they didn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.