Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Contest, Games and Sweepstakes Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive Hilton Honors Contest, Games and Sweepstakes Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2002, 6:09 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Win six days, Anywhere from Hilton

Six days. Anywhere. On us. We're giving away a Trip a Day to any Hilton HHonors(R) location worldwide. Airfare included.

We'll choose a winner each day for a 6-day trip for two to any
HHonors destination in the world. That's over 2,300 places to
choose from. HHonors members staying in an HHonors hotel on a
Double Dip stay between 6/1/02 and 9/30/02 could win. If you win,
your trip can be taken any time before 12/31/03. To learn about
how to enter and for official rules go to

www.hilton.com

Better link:

https://hhonors.com/tripaday/

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 05-17-2002).]
Old May 16, 2002, 9:43 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/tripaday/

That's a link straight to the promo page for this contest - it's not terribly obvious from the Hilton.Com front page where to go..

From that page:

To enter Sweepstakes, complete a Double Dip stay at any participating HHonors hotel between June 1, 2002 and September 30, 2002. Your eligible stay during the days and months listed below will automatically enter you into the applicable drawing (as specified in the entry chart below). Your stay must be completed during the applicable day to be entered in that dayss drawing. You may also enter the Sweepstakes by sending a 3 " x 5 " white card (no mechanically produced or reproduced entries permitted) with your name, complete home address, home telephone number with area code printed on it, in a postage-paid hand-addressed #10 envelope (4 1/8" x 9 1/2 ") to the Hilton HHonors Trip A Day Giveaway Sweepstakes, c/o Roth Graham, Inc. P.O. Box 270090, Minneapolis, MN 55427-6090 (only one entry per envelope).

I have a question. If one were going to enter by mail, it says ..."no mechanically produced or reproduced entries permitted".. it also says ..."with your name, complete home address, home telephone number with area code printed on it...".

What is printing if not mechanically produced?? Just curious..

[This message has been edited by svpii (edited 05-16-2002).]
Old May 16, 2002, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
I'm always a little skeptical of these "sweepstakes." promotions. I'd much rather have bonus points, or free nights like Hyatt, Marriott and Starwood are running right now. At least I can control and calculate the bonus based on my activity.

Given the competing programs and McDonalds' recent debacle over internal cheating in its sweepstakes, I'm surprised Hilton is experimenting with this right now.

I'd be very curious to see if anyone at FlyerTalk wins one.
Old May 16, 2002, 2:35 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
svpii -

I'm not sure whether you're speaking tongue-in-cheek or if you're serious.

There are two ways of handwriting letters. One is writing letters so they resemble unjoined mechancially printed characters, commonly known as printing - the other way where the letters are connected together, commonly known as script. In this case it seems clear that they want hand printed characters, that is written in a style that is similar to the arial/helvetica type that I often see on my PC screen!
Old May 16, 2002, 6:55 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Been there, done that.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004143.html
Old May 17, 2002, 4:44 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
Call me stupid, TravelLover, but I was serious .

If I had written it, I would just have said all entries must be hand-printed and the use of a printer, typewriter, or other device will disqualify your entry. Obviously, they are trying to mitigate me printing 300 sheets of 3x5 cards on my printer and mailing each one. At 34 cents a pop, I can't imagine doing so in any event.

It just struck me as unusual.. so I was certain I was not understanding it. Guess folks w/ a writing disability (like parkinson's, some elderly, etc) can't enter.

[This message has been edited by svpii (edited 05-17-2002).]
Old May 17, 2002, 9:39 am

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
svpii - I agree with you, I think "hand printed" would have been much better.

As for your other point (about people who physically can't hand print the cards) it's an interesting quandry. I understand why someone running a contest doesn't want someone to just run a bunch of cards off a computer printer but still it wouldn't surprise me if someday someone sues based on the ADA.

One other thing that struck me when I read your post - there is a limit of one entry per day. The contest runs 6/1 through 9/30 - about 4 months, or about 120 days. (OK, July and August have 31 days so it's 122 days). That means postage would cost $44.24 for the whole contest (30 days at $.34, 92 days at $.37). Add envelopes and 3x5 cards and the total is about $50.

As I'm thinking out loud I realized something. The only way (at least here in Madison, WI) that I can get something postmarked on a Sunday is to send it from the main post office. Does that mean that there would be significantly fewer contest entries on Sundays, and that the chances of winning would be better? You're only competing with people who check out of their rooms on that same Sunday. Interesting food for thought. Maybe I'll go to the post office mail in an entry on June 2!
Old Jun 5, 2002, 3:51 pm

Win a Vacation - Double Dip with United MP

Stay at any of more than 2,300 Hilton HHonors hotels worldwide and Double Dip to earn Points & Miles. You'll automatically qualify to win a dream vacation! A new winner will be chosen every day between June 1 and September 30, 2002. Each winner receives a six-day/five-night vacation for two, including airfare and accommodations at any Hilton HHonors hotel worldwide. Your dream vacation can be taken any time before December 31, 2003.
To Double Dip at any Hilton HHonors hotel, just present your HHonors and Mileage Plus numbers at the time of reservation and at check-in. If you're not an HHonors member yet, enroll online today and participate in this exciting opportunity.

No purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. You must be age 18 or older, a legal resident of the 50 United States (excluding Florida) and the District of Columbia, or a resident of Canada (excluding Qubec), or a resident of the United Kingdom or Germany, who is, as of June 1, 2002, over the age of majority in their province of residence to enter. Sweepstakes begins on June 1, 2002, and ends on September 30, 2002. For a copy of the Official Rules, go to www.hiltonhhonors.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Hilton HHonors Trip A Day Giveaway" Sweepstakes, c/o Roth Graham, Inc. P.O. Box 270090, Minneapolis, MN 55427-6090 USA. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. 2002 Hilton HHonors Worldwide. Participating Hilton HHonors hotels worldwide include: Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Scandic Hotels. To Double Dip, just present your HHonors and Mileage Plus numbers at time of reservation and at check-in.

Promotion Code MPH 402

Old Jul 23, 2002, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Win A Trip For Two To Any Doubletree Of Your Choice!

http://www.usatoday.com/_ads/btb/200.../microsite.htm
Old Jul 23, 2002, 2:01 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Not valid in FL or PR-darn!
Old Jul 24, 2002, 11:17 am

Programs: CO Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
That's a little odd, because you can redeem your stay in those locations. I'm guessing it's because in FL the company sponsoring the giveaway has to put up escrow of $ equal to value fo sweepstakes. DT must not want to bother. (this used to be the law. I'm not sure if it still is on the books.)
Old Aug 15, 2002, 4:19 pm

Hilton HHonors College Football UPick'em Game

Pick the winner of the top 10 college teams each week for chance at some pretty decent prizes. Best part is there's no secret registration code!

Grand prize is airfare and hotel for 4 to the National Championship Game Jan. 5 in Tempe between the SOONERS and ????. Follow this link to enter ...Sorry, open only to US residents...also limited to one entry per person/e-mail account per week

http://interact.ocsn.com/upickem/rules.cfm

I wonder how long it'll take someone to figure out a way around the rules so we can all have unlimited entries?
Old Aug 15, 2002, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Sounds interesting but you do know that a 11 (10 winners and the tie breaker) team parlay pays 1200-1 in Vegas so if you invest $4 each weekend and you happen to pick all the winners on any one weekend you get $4800 in hard cold cash, more than these guys are paying out.
Mike
Old Aug 16, 2002, 6:06 am

I think Florida State will be playing Texas in that game. (Just kidding Soonerman.)

Where did the $4 come from? It sounds like this contest is free.
Old Aug 16, 2002, 7:11 am
Suspended

I was just using as an example of the paltry sum you can spend to win at 1200-1 if you are lucky enough to predict the outcome of 10 football games.
Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.