Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Contest, Games and Sweepstakes Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive Hilton Honors Contest, Games and Sweepstakes Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2003, 10:44 am

florida is always out of these contest
Old Dec 3, 2003, 10:48 am

if any of you have stamps.com or meter mail that will help
Old Dec 3, 2003, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
My understanding is that it's for stays booked after 1/1. Also, it's a chance to win 1,000,000 miles - not that you have won - and it has to be paid (booked too?) w/ a Visa.

I'm crap about remembering which cards (especially since I use Amex & Diners for most hotel stays) for which promos, so the 500 bonus points for any online booking will be my main benefit I guess.

------------------
Sharon
Old Dec 3, 2003, 1:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Give Jeb a call and pressure him to change the rules in Florida. He did it for his brother, afterall...</font>
Jeb Bush didn't change the rules for his brother. The recount law was not being uniformly enforced throughout the state of Florida by the counties - which is why the Bush team sued in the Florida Supreme Court to stop the recounts.

Then again, the election was three years ago, so why bring it up in the first place?

Mike

[This message has been edited by nako (edited Dec 03, 2003).]
Old Dec 3, 2003, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Very nice contest. Does it read anywhere if one person will win 1,000,000 points every day, 10 people will win 100,000 points per day or if 1,000,000 people will win 1 point per day?
Old Dec 3, 2003, 3:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
I think you should blame your local politicians not Hilton. Some states/provinces/countries have very strick and/or convoluted laws related to contests, lotteries, etc. which make it too difficult for companies to bother with. Give Jeb a call and pressure him to change the rules in Florida. He did it for his brother, afterall...</font>
Shareholder you are absolutely correct. Whether it be California, New York, Rhode Island, Florida, Canada, Quebec, etc the laws of these entities present challenges to companies running contests, etc and they opt to exclude these entities. The citizen's of these entities will continue to be second class citizen's contestwise, etc until they change the regulations.

Old Dec 3, 2003, 3:40 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dudemon:
Very nice contest. Does it read anywhere if one person will win 1,000,000 points every day, 10 people will win 100,000 points per day or if 1,000,000 people will win 1 point per day?</font>
You will see this if you read the T & C:

Prizes: There are one hundred and six (106) Grand Prizes (one per daily drawing) as follows:

Each Grand Prize includes 1,000,000 Hilton HHonors points, which may be redeemable for Hilton HHonors hotel nights, vacation packages, etc.

Old Dec 4, 2003, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Macken7:

Note that is one entry per day rehardless of method. So how does one get envelope postmarked for Sunday? If I put envelope in mail on Sunday, I would expect the envelope to be postmarked Monday.</font>
Not if you take it to a 7 days a week Post Office like you'll find near virtually all major USA airports for instance. Ask them to hand cancel it for you and they will.

Old Dec 8, 2003, 1:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> . . . (excluding its territories, military installations and commonwealths) . . .</font>
Emphasis added.

Let's see, as I recall four of the 50 states are "commonwealths". I think MA and maybe VA and I forgot the last two. Wonder why they'd be excluded (or if they indeed are).

Perhaps just a tacit comment on our educational system.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 1:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Counsellor:
I think MA and maybe VA and I forgot the last two.</font>
PA and Kentucky. But I don't think that's what they mean...

Old Dec 8, 2003, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3.1 Million AA Miles, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold
If you are signed up for "points and miles", you are NOT eligible for this contest.

Hilton Hotels is trying very, very hard to kill off the "points and miles" program.

From Hilton Quote:
"""Simply book and pay for a DOUBLE DIP stay with a valid Visa card at hiltonhhonors.com or at any Hilton Family website from January 1 through March 31, 2004 and complete your stay between January 1 and April 15, 2004."""

Thats why this contest and others before it are geared to the "Double Points" rather than the "Points and Miles" option.

Also once you change to "Double Points" you cannot go back to "Points and Miles". This was from the Hilton Honors Customer Service desk.

Everyone needs to be aware.

[This message has been edited by Brandy (edited Dec 09, 2003).]
Old Dec 8, 2003, 3:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Brandy:
If you are signed up for "points and miles", you are NOT eligible for this contest.
</font>
Where in the rules does it specify this condition?
Old Dec 9, 2003, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, 3.1 Million AA Miles, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold
Dup
Old Dec 9, 2003, 3:00 pm

Brandy,

The term "Double Dip" refers to the "Points & Miles" program. Perhaps you were confused?
Old Dec 9, 2003, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Do you need to rebook stays that were previously made for after January 1 to be eligible for this promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.