Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Contest, Games and Sweepstakes Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive Hilton Honors Contest, Games and Sweepstakes Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:01 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post Hilton HHonors Gives Travelers Three Ways to Win a Trip to the FedEx Orange Bowl 2005

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040831/315149_1.html

Press Release Source: Hilton HHonors

Hilton HHonors Gives Travelers Three Ways to Win a Trip to the FedEx Orange Bowl 2005 National College Football Championship Game
Tuesday August 31, 10:00 am ET

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 31, 2004--Hilton HHonors (NYSE:HLT - News) is kicking off the college football season by giving travelers a variety of ways to win one of two Grand Prize packages, featuring tickets to the FedEx Orange Bowl 2005 National College Football Championship Game, plus luxury accommodations at the new Conrad Miami and invitations to the Orange Bowl Coaches Luncheon and more.

Starting Sept. 1, 2004, one way to win the tickets is through the Coca-Cola Hilton HHonors Orange Bowl Sweepstakes(a). Travelers who order any Coca-Cola product at participating restaurants of Hilton, Doubletree, Conrad, Hilton Garden Inn and Embassy Suites Hotels will receive a scratch-off game piece with their bill identifying instant winners of either the Grand Prize or one of 30 available First Prizes.

In addition, consumers are offered a chance to win a second trip to the Orange Bowl 2005 National College Football Championship Game. First, HHonors members are automatically entered to win the Grand Prize by booking their next room at any Hilton Family hotel online for stays between September 1 and December 15, 2004. Secondly, sports fans are invited to select their favorite college football team from the week's list of match-ups at www.collegesports.com/upickem as part of the Hilton HHonors Orange Bowl Sweepstakes & UPick'em Game(b). Participants are automatically entered to win when they submit their first entry for a game. Contestants are also encouraged to visit the website weekly to increase their chances to win prizes, including a Coleman RoadTrip Grill, a Sony Home Theater In a Box System and a Sony 42" Plasma TV.

"Both Hilton HHonors Orange Bowl sweepstakes help our members get into the spirit of the game," said Adam Burke, senior vice president of Hilton HHonors Worldwide. "Teaming up with Coca-Cola is a great way to give our customers a way to get the most out of their HHonors membership this fall."

For more information on both sweepstakes, visit http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/cocacola.

About the HHonors Program

Hilton HHonors is a guest reward program that gives frequent travelers a faster way to earn the rewards they want most. Enrolled members can Double Dip to earn HHonors points and airline miles for the same stay, at nearly any rate, at more than 2,500 participating Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Scandic hotels around the world.

Due to the unmatched flexibility, generosity and value offered by HHonors program features, as well as the many attractive promotions that HHonors offers each year, the program has been recognized with numerous travel industry awards.

Membership in HHonors is free. Travelers may enroll online by visiting www.hiltonhhonors.com. Or, to enroll instantly in the program and make reservations, consumers in the U.S. and Canada may call 1-800-HHONORS. Outside the U.S. and Canada, travelers may call the Hilton Reservations Worldwide office in their area. Travelers also may enroll at any participating Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton or Scandic hotel around the world.

The following trademarks are owned by Hilton Hospitality, Inc.: Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Club, and Homewood Suites by Hilton. HHonors, Double Dip, Double Dipping and Points & Miles are trademarks owned by Hilton HHonors Worldwide LLC. Conrad is owned by Conrad Hospitality, LLC.

* (a) No purchase necessary. Open to U.S. residents age 18 and over. Sweepstakes begins 8/3/04 and ends 11/15/04. Void where prohibited. For a copy of the rules or to obtain a free game piece, visit www.hiltonhhonors.com/cocacola.
* (b) No purchase necessary. Open to U.S. residents age 18 and over. Sweepstakes begins 9/1/04 and ends 12/15/04. Void where prohibited. For a copy of the rules visit www.hiltonhhonors.com/cocacola.

Hilton Brand Communications (U.S.)
310-205-4545
Jeanne Datz, [email protected]
Kendra Walker, [email protected]
http://www.hiltonworldwide.com
or
Cohn & Wolfe
Erin Myers Portman, 310-967-2902
[email protected]

Source: Hilton HHonors
Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Got this with my e-mail statement today but for Hhonors members the most important paragraph was 500 points for online reservations when paying for the stay with a Visa card.

mike
Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:14 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Also Super Bowl:

Stay And Play Out Your Super Bowl Dreams When You Use Your
Visa Card (Top)
Use your Visa card to book and pay for a stay from September 1 through December 15, 2004 and you'll automatically receive 500 Hilton HHonors bonus points and be entered to win a VIP trip for four to Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville, Florida on February 6, 2005. No Purchase or Obligation is Necessary to Enter or Win.
Non-Purchase Entries and Purchase Entries have an Equal Chance of Winning. Void where prohibited. For additional information, visit hiltonhhonors.com/superbowl.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
I'm not normally one of the internet-paranoid posters; however, I am a bit concerned that when I click on the link (www.hiltonhhonors.com/cocacola), it re-directs me to http://www.rothgraham.com/cola/registercola.php

This site actually then asks me for my Hilton Hhonors number AND PIN.

#1 I don't know why they'd need my PIN, but
#2, The site is not secure.

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bigjim
Any thoughts?
Roth Graham, Inc. is a Hilton marketing partner and I posted the same concern on another recent promo.

I don't like it either and will be skipping the promos or contests where they ask for the PIN--that's completely unnecessary. If anyone from Hilton is listening...
Old Sep 1, 2004, 6:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
The promo with the 500 points for booking on-line is confusing at best:

1. Do stays booked prior to September 1 that occur during the timeframe of the promo (9/1 - 12/15) receive the 500 point bonus if I pay with VISA?
2. Do the stays have to be booked with the VISA card to receive the bonus points or do I only have to pay with a VISA?

Wish HHonors would make these things clearer. As it is, I checked the 8 stays I have booked between 9/1 and 12/15. In seven of those cases, I can't re-book because the rates have increased (3), the hotel is sold-out (1), or I used a NET Direct rate to pre-pay (3). I re-booked the one I could just in case stays booked prior to 9/1 don't qualify.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:55 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post Visa and Hilton HHonors Give Members a Chance to Tackle Super Bowl Dreams

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040901/15080_1.html

Press Release Source: Hilton HHonors

Visa and Hilton HHonors Give Members a Chance to Tackle Super Bowl Dreams
Wednesday September 1, 10:00 am ET
Guests Can Also Score 500 Additional HHonors Bonus Points for Each Stay Booked Online with a Visa Card

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 1, 2004-- Ready, set ... swipe! From now until December 15, 2004, Visa and Hilton HHonors (NYSE:HLT - News) are giving members the chance to win a VIP trip to Super Bowl XXXIX when they use a valid Visa card at any Hilton Family hotel within the U.S. Plus, members who book online at hiltonhhonors.com and pay for their stay using a Visa card will earn 500 HHonors bonus points.

"Hilton HHonors is thrilled to partner with Visa to offer our members the chance to win a trip to the NFL's biggest game of the year," said Adam Burke, senior vice president and managing director of Hilton HHonors Worldwide. "This promotion offers an easy way for our members to earn additional HHonors points along with the chance for them to see their favorite teams score some points of their own."

The grand prize includes four tickets to Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville, Fla., VIP hotel accommodations and tickets to the NFL Experience and the NFL Tailgate. An additional 10 Hilton HHonors members will be entered to win two VIP tickets to their NFL team's 2005 home opener game simply by using a valid Visa card at a Hilton Family hotel.

Visit hiltonhhonors.com/superbowl for more information on the promotion and hiltonhhonors.com/promo/superbowlrules for official terms and conditions.

Terms And Conditions

No Purchase or Obligation Necessary to Enter or Win. Non-Purchase Entries and Purchase Entries have an Equal Chance of Winning. Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents, 18 or older as of 9/1/04. The Sweepstakes begins on 9/1/04, and ends on 12/15/04. Automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Visa purchase made with your Visa card during the Promotional Period at any participating Hilton HHonors hotel in the United States.

To enter without a purchase, hand-print your name, address, city, state, zip, day and evening phone numbers and the words "Visa and Hilton HHonors NFL Super Bowl XXXIX" Sweepstakes on a 3"x 5" card, and mail in a stamped #10 envelope to: Visa and Hilton HHonors NFL Super Bowl XXXIX Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 4074, Grand Rapids, MN 55730-4074. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 12/15/04 and received by 12/22/04. Enter as often as you wish; however, only one entry per stamped envelope will be accepted. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Prize/Value: (1) Grand Prize: A trip for four (4) to Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville, FL on 2/6/05, (ARV) $23,886. (10) First Prizes: Two tickets to the NFL team's 2005 home opener game closest to the winner's home, (ARV) $200 each. Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:5,304,234 and the first prize are 1:530,423. However, the actual odds of winning depend upon the total number of actual eligible entries received. Sweepstakes subject to complete official rules, which may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Visa and Hilton HHonors NFL Super Bowl XXXIX" Sweepstakes Rules, PO Box 5000, Manhasset, NY 11030, for receipt by 12/15/04 or online at www.hiltonhhonors.com/superbowl.

About Visa

Visa is the world's leading payment brand and largest payment system, enabling banks to provide their consumer and business customers with a wide variety of payment alternatives. Nearly 21,000 financial institutions worldwide rely on Visa's processing system, VisaNet, to facilitate $2.5 trillion in annual transaction volume with virtually 100 percent reliability. Cardholders in more than 150 countries, carry more than 1 billion Visa-branded cards, accepted at millions of locations worldwide. Within the United States, nearly 14,000 financial institutions issue 396 million Visa cards, accounting for more than $1 trillion in annual transaction volume. Visa offers a trusted, reliable and convenient way to access and mobilize financial resources -- anytime, anywhere, anyway.

About The Hilton HHonors Program

Hilton HHonors is a guest reward program that gives frequent travellers a faster way to earn the rewards they want most. Enrolled members can Double Dip to earn HHonors points and airline miles for the same stay, at nearly any rate, at more than 2,500 participating Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Scandic hotels around the world.

Due to the unmatched flexibility, generosity and value offered by HHonors program features, as well as the many attractive promotions that HHonors offers each year, the program has been recognized with numerous travel industry awards.

Membership in HHonors is free. Travelers may enroll online by visiting www.hiltonhhonors.com. Or, to enroll instantly in the program and make reservations, consumers in the U.S. and Canada may call 1-800-HHONORS. Outside the U.S. and Canada, travelers may call the Hilton Reservations Worldwide office in their area. Travelers also may enroll at any participating Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Homewood Suites by Hilton or Scandic hotel around the world.

Hilton Hotels Corporation and Hilton International, a subsidiary of Hilton Group plc, have a worldwide alliance to market Hilton, the world's best-known hotel brand. Collectively offering more than 2,500 hotels in over 60 countries worldwide, both companies are recognized as leaders in the hospitality industry. Hilton International currently operates more than 380 hotels in over 60 countries worldwide.

The following trademarks are owned by Hilton Hospitality, Inc.: Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Club, and Homewood Suites by Hilton. HHonors, Double Dip, Double Dipping and Points & Miles are trademarks owned by Hilton HHonors Worldwide LLC. Conrad is owned by Conrad Hospitality, LLC.

Hilton Brand Communications (U.S.)
Jeanne Datz or Kendra Walker, 310-205-4545
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.hiltonworldwide.com
or
Visa USA
Michael Rolnick, 415-932-2834
[email protected]
or
Cohn & Wolfe
Erin Myers Portman, 310-967-2902
[email protected]

Source: Hilton HHonors
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Grog
Roth Graham, Inc. is a Hilton marketing partner and I posted the same concern on another recent promo.

I don't like it either and will be skipping the promos or contests where they ask for the PIN--that's completely unnecessary. If anyone from Hilton is listening...
They don't listen. Look at this response:

Hi BigJim,

We ( Hilton HHonors) hired Roth Graham an advertising/marketing agency that has handled many Hilton HHonors promotion in the past to administrate this sweepstakes. To that, they are hosting the promotional landing page on their site. They are requiring a PIN, because if you won, we would need to (via. certified mail) send you an affidavit of eligibility and other paperwork. To make it easier, for HHonors members, with your PIN, we (with their help) can grab it from your profile. I am completely comfortable with Roth Graham handling this and understand your initial concern.

Thanks and good luck in the promotion if you choose to register.

Cathleen Lewis
Director, New Business Development
Hilton HHonors Worldwide
9336 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Phone: 310-205-3372
Fax: 310-205-4633
email: [email protected]
Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton HHonors(R) Gives You More Points and More Ways to Win When You Book Online

So I get this e-mail from our HH friends this morning (below). I was most interested in the "More Points" part of the message. But I don't see anything in the message other than the title that tells me how I get "More Points" (other than getting them the old fashioned way--booking more stays at HH). I was expecting some kind of offer for "Bonus" points. Lame.

HHonors Account Number: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Skyman65,

MORE POINTS, MORE WAYS TO WIN WHEN YOU BOOK ONLINE AND STAY BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 1, 2004 - DECEMBER 15, 2004

Stay and Pay with a valid Visa card and you could be on your way to Super Bowl XXXIX.*
For the same stay, simply register for one of the following promotions, for even more ways to win!

Book online and register to win a trip to the FedEx Orange Bowl 2005 National College Football Championship.**

Save US$50 today or book online and register to receive a US$100 discount on select Dell InspironTM notebooks.***

SAVE US$50 ONLINE ON SELECT DELL INSPIRONTM NOTEBOOKS OR BOOK YOUR NEXT STAY ONLINE AND WELL TURN IT INTO A US$100 DISCOUNT.
To celebrate recently expanded Wi-Fi service at Hilton Family hotels, Hilton HHonors and Dell are offering US$100 off the online purchase of select new Dell InspironTM notebooks featuring Intel CentrinoTM mobile technology. Book your next stay at hiltonhhonors.com/centrino that includes a check-in date between September 1 and December 15, 2004 and youll receive an email with a coupon code valid for US$100 off an online purchase of a Dell InspironTM notebook at dell4me.com/hiltonhhonors. Plus, with your online booking youll automatically be entered for a chance to win one of ten Dell InspironTM notebooks!****

To take advantage of the US$50 discount on select new Dell InspironTM notebooks priced at US$1,119 or more (before tax and shipping), simply enter the coupon code below when you purchase online at dell4me.com/hiltonhhonors. Coupon expires December 31, 2004.

----------------------------------------
US$50 Coupon Code:
$JBR9QKTR?16WX
----------------------------------------
Terms & Conditions
*No Purchase or Obligation Necessary to Enter or Win. Non-purchase Entries and Purchase Entries have an Equal Chance of Winning. Void where prohibited. For official rules, visit hiltonhhonors.com/promo/superbowlrules.

**HHonors Orange Bowl Sweepstakes and UPick'em game. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes begins on September 1, 2004 and ends on December 15, 2004. You must be a legal resident of the United States age 18 or older. Sweepstakes open to residents of the 50 United States excluding FL, RI and NY. For a copy of the rules, go to hiltonhhonors.com/cocacola.

***HHonors stays must be booked through hiltonhhonors.com/centrino to be eligible for the US$100 Dell discount on purchases made exclusively through dell4me.com/hiltonhhonors. US$1,199 Dell system price threshold does not include shipping fees or tax. Only one US$100 discount offer will be provided to any one HHonors member subsequent to booking their first qualifying stay. US$100 discount code will arrive by email approximately one week after you have successfully booked a qualifying stay during the required time period. Dell discount may be combined with select other discounts and offers including free shipping when available. Neither Dell discount is available on refurbished systems. Dell discount offers are valid from September 1, 2004 - December 31, 2004. Centrino, the Centrino logo and Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

****No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. You must be a legal resident of the United States (excluding Florida) age 18 or older to enter. Sweepstakes begins on September 1, 2004 and ends December 15, 2004. For a copy of the Official Rules, send a SASE to Hilton HHonors Wi-Fi Notebook Giveaway, C/O Roth Graham, Inc., P.O. Box 270090, Minneapolis, MN 55427.

The US$100 or US$50 coupon code may be used for Online Purchases from Dell Home Systems on a Dell InspironTM notebook featuring Intel CentrinoTM mobile technology priced at US$1,119 or above (before tax and shipping) on purchases made exclusively through dell4me.com/hiltonhhonors. Limit one coupon per Dell InspironTM notebook purchase.

You must be a member of Hilton HHonors to earn HHonors points. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. 2004 Hilton HHonors Worldwide.

ABOUT THIS E-MAIL
Please do not reply to this email. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. You received this email because you indicated an interest in receiving email from HHonors regarding special offers or news. If you would like to be removed from our emailing list, please click here.

Or, if the URL is not clickable, copy and paste the URL below into your Internet browser window and click enter. No additional text or message is needed. http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/unsubsc...340003BA24D94A

If you have other questions, suggestions, or comments, please email us at [email protected]. If the email address is not clickable, simply copy the address, paste it into your email application and click send.

HHonors Customer Service Center, 2050 Chennault Drive, Carrollton, Texas 75006 U.S.A.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Skyman65
I was most interested in the "More Points" part of the message.
Members who book online at hiltonhhonors.com and pay for their stay using a Visa card will earn 500 HHonors bonus points.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351053
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351378
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eugene
Members who book online at hiltonhhonors.com and pay for their stay using a Visa card will earn 500 HHonors bonus points.
That's fine. Somehow that part of the offer didn't make it into the e-mail they sent me.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Skyman65
Somehow that part of the offer didn't make it into the e-mail they sent me.
Yep, apparently HH marketing folks didn't proofread it. You can see the 500 points offer though if you click on the "Super Bowl XXXIX" link in that e-mail.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 1:24 pm

Must give credit where credit is due

Here's the response that I received back today. I'm glad that she decided to pursue further.

Hi BigJim,

Because of your inquiry I did some additional digging with our agency. You were correct and the encryption that we always complete was unfortunately not complete on the form where members would fill in their information. Our agency has since apologized and fixed the problem and we are monitoring the accounts of members who had registered through Wednesday for suspicious HHonors account activity.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it is much appreciated!

Cathleen Lewis
Director, New Business Development
Hilton HHonors Worldwide
9336 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: 310-205-3372
Fax: 310-205-4633
email: [email protected]
Old Sep 3, 2004, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Got this with my e-mail statement today but for Hhonors members the most important paragraph was 500 points for online reservations when paying for the stay with a Visa card.

mike
Well, that's just great. After I go through all the trouble to get a Hilton AMEX card, now I have to use a Visa card.

And Marriott is pushing their Visa like crazy, but the latest 25K promo requires an AMEX card!

You can't get ahead without a scorecard these days.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 2:17 pm

The Rothgraham website now does have the https://

I too did not register and won't take part when my PIN is required.

I did have a stay on 9/3 that was reserved in August and did not receive the 500 points for using a Visa. Either registration was required for the bonus miles or the reservation did need to be made after 9/1. Maybe someone else can post their experience.

My stay on 9/3 however was excellent! A fairly new Hampton in Muskegon MI that upgraded me to a whirlpool suite room without my asking. They were extremely friendly and welcoming there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.