Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward la carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward la carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 6:33 pm

Has anyone stayed at this property since covid restrictions hit NYC? I'm guessing they aren't doing anything for breakfast at this point in time
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Can anyone comment on ease of accessing transportation to Midtown? The whole Oculus hub seems pretty close--is it easy to use? We were originally booked at a Hampton close to Times Square but the Conrad was surprisingly affordable via purchasing points so I jumped on it. We plan on seeing a few Broadway shows (if it's reopened, we're planning on December) so Midtown made sense, but we NEVER stay in luxury properties so I think the Conrad would really be a treat. I don't mind spending time on the train, I just don't want it to feel like a chore coming back to the hotel at night.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by andy_dangg
Can anyone comment on ease of accessing transportation to Midtown? The whole Oculus hub seems pretty close--is it easy to use? We were originally booked at a Hampton close to Times Square but the Conrad was surprisingly affordable via purchasing points so I jumped on it. We plan on seeing a few Broadway shows (if it's reopened, we're planning on December) so Midtown made sense, but we NEVER stay in luxury properties so I think the Conrad would really be a treat. I don't mind spending time on the train, I just don't want it to feel like a chore coming back to the hotel at night.
It is super easy to get to Midtown from the Hub. You pretty much have access to almost every NYC subway line from the Hub. I suggest downloading the free CityMapper app. This will help you navigate routing using public transportation via Lyft, Uber, LIRR, and MTA buses and subways. NYC is one of many metro locations available on CityMapper.

I love the Conrad Downtown location. That's my go to for staycations. The staff and rooms are top notch there. It is always a pleasure to talk to Doris Fong, who is the Guest Service Manager. Some people will say stay in Midtown/Times Square, but trust, us New Yorkers stay away from Midtown - Times Square for a reason, lol.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by andy_dangg
Can anyone comment on ease of accessing transportation to Midtown?
If you're planning on spending most of your time midtown, I would not recommend Conrad. It's a long ways - 20+ minutes each way, and that's assuming no wait for subway.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
If you're planning on spending most of your time midtown, I would not recommend Conrad. It's a long ways - 20+ minutes each way, and that's assuming no wait for subway.
Commute on the subway would be 20 - 25 min max depending on which subway train as some of them make express stops to Midtown. This includes the walk getting to/from Oculus. Also, trains are practically running every 3-5 min to get to and from Midtown since it's a major subway hub.

Last edited by Cat88L3; Feb 11, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Also, trains are practically running every 3-5 min to get to and from Midtown since it's a major subway hub.
lol anyone who's spent serious time in Manhattan knows that's just fantasy, especially on weekends. This is one of the world's more dysfunctional major transit systems.

I've stayed at Conrad when purpose of stay was events in midtown. I wouldn't do it again and wouldn't recommend it to others. Too much time and hassle going back and forth.
drod and dascc like this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
lol anyone who's spent serious time in Manhattan knows that's just fantasy, especially on weekends. This is one of the world's more dysfunctional major transit systems.

I've stayed at Conrad when purpose of stay was events in midtown. I wouldn't do it again and wouldn't recommend it to others. Too much time and hassle going back and forth.
Gee, I'm sorry. I only spent 41 years in NYC as I was born here and I still live here. I commute daily into Manhattan for work using the subways and I also spend time there on the weekends 🙄🙄. The subway is my main mode of transportation. I would also like to add that I have commuted to and from Midtown/Downtown BK the 7 times that I have stayed at the Conrad Downtown.

But I guess you visiting NYC for work has my daily and life experience beat *major eyeroll*
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Gee, I'm sorry. I only spent 41 years in NYC as I was born here and I still live here. I commute daily into Manhattan for work using the subways and I also spend time there on the weekends 🙄🙄. The subway is my main mode of transportation. I would also like to add that I have commuted to and from Midtown/Downtown BK the 7 times that I have stayed at the Conrad Downtown.
That's all wonderful, congratulations, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a pita going back and forth from Conrad to midtown multiple times per day. Or that it's very common to wait 20+ minutes for a train at night and on weekends.

And sorry, but commuting from Conrad to work - which is what you base your comments on - is not really relevant to the OP's situation, as train frequency is considerably higher during commute hours. It's also a different experience if you're commuting into the office for the day. For a leisure visitor, heading up to midtown to visit a museum or shop in the late morning, for example, then back downtown to shower and change, then back up in the evening for a Broadway show is two hours of travel per day. No thank you.
CMK10 and drod like this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Anyone stayed here as a Diamond lately? They're offering 5000 HHonors points in lieu of breakfast, which is really paltry -- worth maybe $15-20 at most. The kicker is that they're apparently offering in-room breakfast via room service, so I was thinking of asking if they could apply a credit to use for that instead of the points.

It's especially galling as we just got back from the Conrad Fort Lauderdale and they actually expanded the breakfast credit for use at any meal of the day, including room service. I don't see why this property can't do the same, especially when it is effectively operating as NYC's flagship Hilton.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Anyone stayed here as a Diamond lately?
Just returned from a weekend stay as a Diamond over Memorial day weekend. We were upgrade to a river view XX30 room (more like a partial river view as your view is really a condo building that blocks the river) that is essentially the same as the standard base room (costs $30 more per night) as all other room types were fully occupied.

The Good? Elites get a $20 * 2 person ($40 max) for room-service credit daily. Even better, if you choose the continental breakfast option ($23 per pax) you don't have to the difference and the hotel won't charge you the $5 + 18% mandatory service charge.

The bad? Service was very, very inconsistent.

The breakfast room-service quality varied drastically from day to day even on our 3 night stay. First day the pastries were served hot which was awesome and the fruit platters were a generous portion. Second day they forgot the butter and they forgot to heat up the pastries. And the fruit platter servings kept shirking as our stay went on. We also had to call twice to get the continental breakfast charges removed manually and they incorrectly charged me for an item incorrectly despite me reminding them thru the app and email.

Inconsistent service not limited to the in-room dining ... Our first housekeeping request we asked for some sheets and extra laundry bags- they forgot the laundry bags. Second day we needed some extra hand and face towels due to the reduced COVID cleaning, but guess what they forgot the hand towels.

Unfortunately, our first choice Conrad Midtown which has larger base rooms, better upgrades for elites, proactive complimentary recognition in light of special anniversary stays without trying to hustle you for an extra money, and far better location for most of NY sightseeing sights is still closed to July 1.

EDIT- I called the property back to clarify on an incorrect last day billing and Anthony the guest service director went out of his way to apologize for some of the service inconsistencies and extended a kind courtesy gesture. Given the property was used to a low COVID capacity before Memorial weekend surge (this is accurate as I had personally checked and saw very few premium rooms that weekend), I definitely understand these slip-ups were most likely due to the staff trying to get back in the swing of high occupancy.

Last edited by ultrasoul; Jun 3, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have a three night stay booked this week and just got a letter from the hotel stating:
While the hotel remains open, at this time - ATRIO Wine Bar & Restaurant has temporarily suspended operations. While our restaurant operations are suspended, as a loyal Diamond member, we will be honoring 5,000 Hilton Honor points per day in lieu of breakfast. Additionally, in -room Dining is available for purchase from the hours of 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM and resumes service from 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM. Should you need any restaurant dining recommendations or delivery please contact us by dialing 0 on your in-suite phone or by texting (646) 776-1711.
The basic continental breakfast on the room service menu is $24, plus $5 delivery, plus 18% mandatory gratuity, plus (no doubt) tax. 5,000 points is ridiculous compensation. And I'm paying $400+ per night! I'm hunting around right now for an alternative hotel and will reply to the email that I am cancelling because of how they are handling the Diamond breakfast. I can spend a lot less and elsewhere get at least a grab and go.

Oh, somehow they are able to reopen their rooftop bar. The letter went on to say
We are excited to share that Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar, located on the 16th floor of Conrad New York Downtown, has reopened! The rooftop bar overlooking the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor, features the bars signature Poptail drink, a Mom & Icepops Boozy Pop in flavors such as Raspberry Moscow Mule and Lemon-Jasmin Gin, served in a choice of prosecco or rosecco on tap, or Mot & Chandon Ice Imprial. Additional cocktails, spirits, wines and beers will also be available.
How stupid do they think people are?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The Hotel website: https://www.conradnewyork.com/ has a link for COVID-19 updates that goes to :https://issuu.com/conradnydowntownpl..._york_downtown
Where it claims that :https://issuu.com/conradnydowntownpl...own/s/10753483

"At this time, food and beverage operations have been suspended. For your enjoyment, each guest room will receive a $25 AMEX gift card to spend as they see fit."
This is supposedly for all guests and not tied to status. I don't know if it is true/outdated but free to ask if you do stay there.

Originally Posted by Stripe
I have a three night stay booked this week and just got a letter from the hotel stating:

The basic continental breakfast on the room service menu is $24, plus $5 delivery, plus 18% mandatory gratuity, plus (no doubt) tax. 5,000 points is ridiculous compensation. And I'm paying $400+ per night! I'm hunting around right now for an alternative hotel and will reply to the email that I am cancelling because of how they are handling the Diamond breakfast. I can spend a lot less and elsewhere get at least a grab and go.

Oh, somehow they are able to reopen their rooftop bar. The letter went on to say

How stupid do they think people are?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Just wrapped up a quick 2-night stay here and this is definitely one of my favorite properties in NYC provided you are able to secure a decent rate (<$400/n). The rooms are really big by NYC standard, bed is super comfy, service is friendly (although a little cold, I attribute that to FiDi and the primary clientele of the hotel). As Diamond, we received $25/person in credit, to be used only at Atrio or their rooftop bar. It does NOT work for IRD. Breakfast was really underwhelming so would only really use the credit for like a drink a person at the bar, the bartender makes decent cocktails. Breakfast of one steel cut oatmeal and two eggs any style and two cups of coffee came to $70 with tip which felt like a robbery. Grab a bagel at the shop just outside of Conrad and you’ll get a much better breakfast for 1/4 of the cost. The big win here is really that it’s spotlessly clean, rooms are huge, quite easy to get around with Subway to basically anywhere in NYC, and that the area in general is quite close to a lot of restaurants we like on Lower Manhattan. My biggest gripe with this property is that you often can find competing rates on third party sites that are 30% cheaper than Hilton’s own website, but because the terms differ slightly, BRGs are not honored. I may start booking using a third party going ahead because the $50 credit has little value to me.
ne0ven0m likes this.

Last edited by brokenwindow; Aug 13, 2021 at 5:08 am
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
According to their website, Atrio is open for breakfast.
is this correct.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
According to their website, Atrio is open for breakfast.
is this correct.
yes, it's open for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.