FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:47 pm
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have a three night stay booked this week and just got a letter from the hotel stating:
While the hotel remains open, at this time - ATRIO Wine Bar & Restaurant has temporarily suspended operations. While our restaurant operations are suspended, as a loyal Diamond member, we will be honoring 5,000 Hilton Honor points per day in lieu of breakfast. Additionally, in -room Dining is available for purchase from the hours of 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM and resumes service from 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM. Should you need any restaurant dining recommendations or delivery please contact us by dialing 0 on your in-suite phone or by texting (646) 776-1711.
The basic continental breakfast on the room service menu is $24, plus $5 delivery, plus 18% mandatory gratuity, plus (no doubt) tax. 5,000 points is ridiculous compensation. And I'm paying $400+ per night! I'm hunting around right now for an alternative hotel and will reply to the email that I am cancelling because of how they are handling the Diamond breakfast. I can spend a lot less and elsewhere get at least a grab and go.

Oh, somehow they are able to reopen their rooftop bar. The letter went on to say
We are excited to share that Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar, located on the 16th floor of Conrad New York Downtown, has reopened! The rooftop bar overlooking the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor, features the bar’s signature Poptail drink, a Mom & Icepops Boozy Pop in flavors such as Raspberry Moscow Mule and Lemon-Jasmin Gin, served in a choice of prosecco or rosecco on tap, or Moët & Chandon Ice Impérial. Additional cocktails, spirits, wines and beers will also be available.
How stupid do they think people are?