Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
This might even be true. The January Sale rates are so good, the do not need any further promotions. I booked a Junior Suite at the Bentley for a midweek stay in London for 176 Euro incl. breakfast. All comparable hotels of the other chains had about double that price.
January Sale is a weekend promo, if the system allows for midweek stays that's rather a case of error rate.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by freakazoid
January Sale is a weekend promo, if the system allows for midweek stays that's rather a case of error rate.
This is certainly not correct. January sale rates are generally available at weekends and at the relevant properties discretion. The rate brings in cash instant for the hotels and some load these rates during the week. Last year I booked more than a dozen stays during the week at January sale rates. The same is true for this year. A bit of shopping around and there you are.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
This is certainly not correct. January sale rates are generally available at weekends and at the relevant properties discretion. The rate brings in cash instant for the hotels and some load these rates during the week. Last year I booked more than a dozen stays during the week at January sale rates. The same is true for this year. A bit of shopping around and there you are.
T&C:
This offer is subject to a maximum stay of 3 consecutive nights and is valid on weekends. “Weekend” is understood to mean Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays or such other days as defined by the local market.
Sounds pretty clear to me, in the end of the day any property can offer rates as they see fit but that's hardly part of this promotion. Berlin was so happy about that instant cash that they pulled it once people started booking, I doubt that Bentley is doing this knowingly.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freakazoid
T&C:

Sounds pretty clear to me, in the end of the day any property can offer rates as they see fit but that's hardly part of this promotion. Berlin was so happy about that instant cash that they pulled it once people started booking, I doubt that Bentley is doing this knowingly.
The T&C were the same last year and tons of rooms were sold midweek last year under the promotion title. The promotion is marketed widely by Hilton corporate and quite a few hotels obviously felt and feel that they can benefit from the marketing.

Berlin obivously made a mistake by selling (a) their presidential suite and (b) midweek for 438 EUR, quite sweet
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Any more news on the Q1 promo please? I've had no emails or messages. Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors
I think they're holding out to spite me :P
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
I think they're holding out to spite me :P
you never know...that just might be true....
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
In the past it was not uncommon for Hilton to release an announcement for a promo several days and sometimes even a week or two AFTER its official start date.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:20 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Yup its idiotic that they come up with a great promo but do not let people know. So in the mean time they are losing loads of business where bookings are made at other hotels using prepaid rates.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sharklover
Yup its idiotic that they come up with a great promo but do not let people know. So in the mean time they are losing loads of business where bookings are made at other hotels using prepaid rates.
Yeees, and Hyatt & Co. gain many January booking instead
Old Dec 30, 2009, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sharklover
amen....
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by dcshungu
Sometimes, got to look for hotel-specific promos, in addition to those offered by the chain...

I just raked in 57,618 HH points from a single stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village 12/10-12/15

AMERICAN EXPRESS POINT BONUS 17,268
DOUBLE POINTS Q409 OFFER - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 13,267
Base Points - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 13,267
HAWAII CLUSTER 10,000 PTS OFFER - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 10,000
GOLD VIP BONUS - 25% 2009 - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 3,316
AMEX CO BRAND ONLINE BOOKING BONUS - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 500

UA DOUBLE DIP - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE 0 1,326
Can you please teach me how to do this. I am impressed!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May I propose that the Mods close this thread until there is real news about the Q1 promo? It is a bit disturbing to find that thread with new posts everytime you log in. This always gives hope that there is real news and one only finds out that some nonsense was posted.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 6:10 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
It is a bit disturbing to find that thread with new posts everytime you log in. This always gives hope that there is real news and one only finds out that some nonsense was posted.
How is that different than many other threads here on FT?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:31 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
In the January issue of Inside Flyer (the paper edition), this promo is mentioned twice in editorial, and on a full page Hilton ad.

It says one needs to register at www.hiltonhhonors.com/anightonus, however that link does not work.

Clarification would help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.