Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bharv
i will have 13 stays and between 53-60 nights for the 1st quarter

if i understand this correctly i stand to get 5 or 6 free nights depending on how long i stay

this is like
Not too fast with the young horses

We don't even know if there is really such a promo in the pipeline @:-)
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Before Jan 5th.
thank you so much for your insightful answer....

but besides the smart alec answer, it would be good to get the details soon so that we can all plan our stays accordingly....
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
You're correct, it starts on the 5th. Apologies!
Cr@p, I have a one night stay booked for the 4th.

Good promo, though.

David
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by kats
Yes, I think so. Award stays usually count towards Hilton promos, including Q4 25,000 points after 4th stay promo.

Are you sure? Is it from T&C or just from pers. exp.? So, if i had 2 paid stays i can redeem points for 2 more and get 25k points?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by al613
Are you sure? Is it from T&C or just from pers. exp.? So, if i had 2 paid stays i can redeem points for 2 more and get 25k points?
its from the t&c....more info can be found here....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ts-faster.html
Old Dec 17, 2009, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by saad
its from the t&c....more info can be found here....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ts-faster.html
Thanks! Seems unique to Hilton! So, 4 free Cat1 stays - 1 free night at any property?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Seems unique to Hilton! So, 4 free Cat1 stays - 1 free night at any property?
not really....the promo that is on currently gives you 25k points after 4 stays....the rumored promo for the next quarter is a free night after 4 stays....don't know if there will be a restriction on what categories it can be redeemed at....
Old Dec 17, 2009, 1:41 pm

not really....
Do you know of any other hotel chain counting free stays for anything?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i believe hilton is the only hotel chain that counts reward stays towards tier status....
Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:18 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
MAJOR thank you to hamptoninnsider and Hhonor Gguard for posting and confirming this! I was so ready to leave Hilton in the dust, but you guys both single-handedly got me to comeback for 100% of my Q1 stays!

Please share more details as you receive them
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
i believe hilton is the only hotel chain that counts reward stays towards tier status....
Not that they are comparable per se but Choice is adding award nights towards tier in 2010.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
IIRC, the old 5/10/15 free night promo did not count awards as qualified stays.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by rdchen

How about nights booked on third party websites? Do they count for anything?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Hold on there! Get your terminology right!!!

It is AWARD (or "reward" as HHonors calls them) stays that count towards elite requalification and yes, promos, fast tracks, etc.

Award stays are NOT free. You pay points for them. A truly "free" stay (e.g., from a "Be My Guest" certificate) would be unlikely to count towards anything.

It is worthwhile to familiarize yourself with the Terms & Conditions of the HHonors program. There is a link to them at the bottom of the page of www.hiltonhhonors.com.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by rdchen
Not sure if they're the same promo, but the Q3FN rewards from 2007 did count toward elite status and so do the FN601 certs that many got in October when Hilton announced the jump in categories.

I'm also fairly certain that when I used a "Be My Guest" certificate a few years ago, it counted as a stay. Haven't gotten one lately, so I don't claim to know whether that remains true.

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Hold on there! Get your terminology right!!!

It is AWARD (or "reward" as HHonors calls them) stays that count towards elite requalification and yes, promos, fast tracks, etc.

Award stays are NOT free. You pay points for them. A truly "free" stay (e.g., from a "Be My Guest" certificate) would be unlikely to count towards anything.
IME all free night certs I've received from Hilton have been considered "reward" certificates and count as stays.

One of the reasons I'll remain loyal to Hilton, point devaluation notwithstanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.