Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by CNJMichael
... Not only do we have the Q1 free night promo, we also have the January sale.
Be warned: It's more likely that January sale & Q1 free night promo are not combineable!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
Be warned: It's more likely that January sale & Q1 free night promo are not combineable!
We all do not know. Triple Miles and January Sale went together last year. We will see.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:23 am

January Sale Promotion Rates (& other 100+ rates) & Triple Miles & Double Promotion (4/1/09-6/30/09) were not combineable. However, some members reported that HH honored their request, others were unsuccessful.

Double points and triple miles promotions don’t go together
Rant: Tired of incompetent Hilton marketing
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
January Sale Promotion Rates (& other 100+ rates) & Triple Miles & Double Promotion (4/1/09-6/30/09) were not combineable. However, some members reported that HH honored their request, others were unsuccessful.

Double points and triple miles promotions don’t go together
Rant: Tired of incompetent Hilton marketing

Thanks for quoting my thread However, at the end of the day everything was very well combinable.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:45 am

You have to registrar before you complete the stays. Anything before that would not be valid. The fine print specifies dates of Jan 7-March 31, so suspect registration won't be open any time soon.
I saw a Hilton ad in the Delta SKY magazine yesterday.

"Enjoy a free night. Spend it anywhere."
Only 2 conditions were listed:
1.4 stays between January 1 and March 31,2010
2. Or 10 nights

Nothing about signing up. It actually says "Book your next stay at www.hilton.com and you will be one night closer to a free night's stay."

Based on this , all current stays count without a registration.

Last edited by jabez; Jan 4, 2010 at 9:15 am
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Thanks for quoting my thread However, at the end of the day everything was very well combinable.
Nevertheless PR09SW was on the excluded list.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:11 am

@ Flying Lawer:

It looks like we have two different approaches & should agree to disagree on this:

• If HH excludes rate code PR09SW I don’t expect to be awarded (I also don’t expect additional benefits if I take advantage of a sale in January and HH launches another promotion in March and I don’t complain if I choose to book a APR and realize I could some $$ if I had waited and booked later)
  • You spent time & energy to retroactive claim missing miles & points. As you were successful, you assumed the rate you booked was eligible for the promotion in question although it was excluded but not communicated.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by DragonMartini
Don't get TOO excited, because the link to register isn't operational yet and the referenced HHonors website also isn't up, but...

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/..._hhonors10Q1/#

Here are some details. Runs January 7th-March 31st. It is a free night (apparently unrestricted) every four stays or ten nights. You can earn up to three free certificates.
Small update - the button on this page now points to the have nights on us url but that url still errors as page not found. When it first appeared the button linked back to the same page. It probably means the registration page will be up shortly.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:03 am

It probably means the registration page will be up shortly.
Since the Delta Sky magazine ad will be "alive" all of Jan., Hilton will have to make this promo start Jan.1 and can't force registration.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Perhaps they've bagged the registration altogether, and everyone qualifies automatically (from Jan 1st)?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:11 am
alc

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Perhaps they've bagged the registration altogether, and everyone qualifies automatically (from Jan 1st)?
If they do, they better have it announce before 6pm today so I can change my hotel tonight. This promo delay is really getting on my nerve.

alc
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
I called the Diamond Desk to ask about all this.. Ha Ha.. Well that was a waste of time. The agent told me "There is no way Mr. XXX that they will hand out free nights like that!, I have been with Hilton for years and they never done nothin like that.. just no way Sir" I told her to go to the Homewood page. She could not do that.. but she said there was no info in her system about it.

Good to see that Hilton has told their reps about this promo, nice to see that the internal communications are just as good as their communications with their customers.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:49 am
alc

Originally Posted by little_dc
I called the Diamond Desk to ask about all this.. Ha Ha.. Well that was a waste of time. The agent told me "There is no way Mr. XXX that they will hand out free nights like that!, I have been with Hilton for years and they never done nothin like that.. just no way Sir" I told her to go to the Homewood page. She could not do that.. but she said there was no info in her system about it.

Good to see that Hilton has told their reps about this promo, nice to see that the internal communications are just as good as their communications with their customers.
I found the Delta Sky Magazine ad off the web page:

http://deltaskymag.delta.com/Contest...onors-(1).aspx

will send an email to the DD desk now and see what can they say now.

alc
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by little_dc

What's even more pathetic is that the Hilton employee basically told you that we're too cheap to ever do that!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by alc
I found the Delta Sky Magazine ad off the web page:

http://deltaskymag.delta.com/Contest...onors-(1).aspx

will send an email to the DD desk now and see what can they say now.

alc
Holy Cow! It says that you can redeem at the Waldorf Astoria properties! NICE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.