Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by servus
@ HHonorsRepresentative, would you please inform everybody here that Hilton is not honoring ALL published rates being eligible for this promo! And please, this time BEFORE anybody makes a reservation and to learn afterwards...

SCHLUCK! You are not serious, are you?

NO PREPAID RATES

That means that only expensive rates are eligible. Come on, Hilton, that's a bad joke
Old Jan 5, 2010, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nissan motor
Wowoh boy, you are straight forward

The nice lady from Hilton informs us about an upcomming promotion and you are bombarding her with loads of exlamation mark sentenses. Wow!

I would say thank you Hilton HHonors lady for your information. I am looking forward to January 7
Indeed. Can we keep the roiling and retching to the other (now useless) thread and let's keep our HH rep's thread clean and focused on the promo starting January 7th. ^
Old Jan 5, 2010, 3:27 pm

i am sorry but

with different ads stating Jan 1 PLUS homewood had on its site on Jan 1 the words " from now until march 31

with multiple and all different ads stating Jan 1 how do they pull back from that

to say this is a cluster xx would be putting it mildly just way to much sketchy info and no meat behind it
Old Jan 5, 2010, 3:29 pm
SST

I tried this morning to see if I could get registered, since the Homewood Suites promo page says "from now until March 31 (and I was in a hilton). Nah, drop dead. The first agent I called said she was told by her supervisor that this doesn't start until 1/12 (absolutely wrong--a total idiot). The second agent I called said I could register the 7th, but my next stay on the 9th wouldn't count, as I need to book it today. I gave up in disgust.

Regardless of seeing this ad in Inside Flyer in December, I've NEVER been able to register, and my stays on 1/4 and 1/9 apparently don't count and I don't matter to Hilton. Thanks, partners!

(I'm going to consider shifting my 1/9 stay to Starwood, and let this percolate out. I suppose next Hilton will try to say that their Winter Sale doesn't count, too, and I'd just get screwed for no bonus points--- their fine print is so ambiguous, and nobody at the Diamond desk knows what it means--- I sure don't want them to GUESS on this too (because it's clear to me that's what they're doing....)
Old Jan 5, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
I hope, I don't have questions after I will check back here on 1/07/10 for more information on how to enjoy a free night!
Exactly. That statement by HR just smacked of a little too much hubris . So we have to wait just to ask a question? Either she has no clue as to how this promotion works, or we are not worth the time to explain it to us. She should really take a peek at how the SPG Lurkers handle business over there.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'd bet good money your stay on the 9th would count, no matter when you booked it, as long as you're registered for the promo at check-in.

As for a Jan. 4th stay, the magazine ad copy was wrong. Not eligible.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: HH Silver, IHG Platinum, National Ex Elite, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Exactly. That statement by HR just smacked of a little too much hubris . So we have to wait just to ask a question? Either she has no clue as to how this promotion works, or we are not worth the time to explain it to us. She should really take a peek at how the SPG Lurkers handle business over there.
You have to be a super special top secret Diamond who has never had a paid stay but earns status from CC spend to get an answer from HR
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:14 pm

This is good stuff! Do we need to register or is this promotion automatic for HH members?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I honestly can not believe the amount of stress and emotion being exerted over such an unimportant, trivial promotion for frequent traveler swag. Breathe deep and remember it is only a hotel promo
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by nimenime
I'm also wondering whether award stays count as stays.

I have a 1-night award booked from 28-29, then 1 ordinary night (at the same hotel) from the 29-30. Will these nights count as two stays, or one stay only? I have two different confirmation numbers.
1 stay, it doesn't matter two different confirmation number or not, or even you check out on the 29th, the only way is to cancel and move to another Hilton family hotel.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by nissan motor
SCHLUCK! You are not serious, are you?

NO PREPAID RATES

That means that only expensive rates are eligible. Come on, Hilton, that's a bad joke
Read what kind of AP rate the poster was using, PR13CB.

PR13CB = Rate Type: CORPORATE BENEFIT CORPORATE BENEFIT PARTNER RATE

On the other thread it had already mentioned about this code are already excluded in most promotions.

I doubt AP rate that are published in hilton.com will be excluded, only those that required codes. As those are further discounted after advance purchase.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:43 am
alc

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I honestly can not believe the amount of stress and emotion being exerted over such an unimportant, trivial promotion for frequent traveler swag. Breathe deep and remember it is only a hotel promo
I will speak for myself on why.....

I was just about to leave HH program this year (wasn't planning for even a single night) and focus on other more rewarding programs. This is becuz:

(1) recent HH changes: more points req'd for rewards

(2) HH is a program that is very hard to get lots of points: # of paid nights/stays per single reward night is high. other program can get 1 free night in just a single 1 night stay easiler.

(3) not much promo being offer

But with this new promo, I had changed all my reservations in Jan to get about 10 stays with Hilton.. main reason are:

(a) overall (in my mind) Hilton had a better hotels in terms of quality around the world, hence a free night at Hilton is very attrative to me (and my family)

(b) as stated with (3) above, they hardly had promo, and promo to get you a free night at ANY hilton with just 4 stays doesn't come easy for Hilton. Hence really want to take full adv of this... it is like "once in a life time" chance

The fact that Hilton had release this promo in many channel - internally and externally - but when any one try to get more info on it, they are not available even by calling the Hilton helpdesk.. this is really showing how dis-organize this marketing team is at Hilton. To all of us that wants this promo, it is like looking at food that you really want to eat now and had no money to get it. The only reason why they said to check back on Jan 7 is only because that is the deadline for them. I pretty sure they have more printed material shipped to all the Hilton Hotel and ready to be posted or hand out to us at check-in and they all printed with "Starting on Jan 7" on it. They already screw-up the Jan 1 start date with all the Ad and they will continue play the "Ad is incorrect, Hilton had the final word" game. But if the info is showing on their own Hilton website or material at a Hilton hotel, they will need honor it. I am petty sure the team at Hilton is working day and night trying to get this promo out and ready by Jan 7.... consider the 1st place in the world to hit 12:00am is only a few hours away.

sorry for the long post.. just trying to express myself....

alc
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:05 am

Programs: DL SM, UA 2P, US Silver, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat RA, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Completed 2 stays already...would be very disappointed if they don't count
Also checking into another Hilton property Jan.7 for 2 weeks, I hope at least that one will count! This year I'm expecting to have 310-330 nights, was going to stay mostly in Hilton properties. Let's hope they can keep my loyalty. At my last stay at the Hilton Dublin I was treated horribly and was insulted by front desk clerk and her manager...it's never happened to me before, but Hilton needs to better train their staff so that it won't happen again!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
This is an interesting thread to keep track off. Just joined HH and booked up 9 nights for late Jan and will have another stay at a UK based Hilton in Feb meaning that i should get a free night out of it! My stays don't start till Jan 29th so ill keep an eye on this thread and call hilton after the supposed 12th Jan UK start date!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:51 am

it is nicer than the last Q promo (4 stays = 25000 bonus)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.