Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:15 pm
alc

Offically found this promo off the Hilton Web Page

went thru all different Hilton Family brand and once I hit Homewood Suites, Specials and Packages:

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/...tml?it=Tnav,SP

3rd box down (Have a Free Night on Us)

But got an error when I click the "More Information" link.

alc
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by alc
went thru all different Hilton Family brand and once I hit Homewood Suites, Specials and Packages:

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/...tml?it=Tnav,SP

3rd box down (Have a Free Night on Us)

But got an error when I click the "More Information" link.

alc
Same here, so don't know if I'm registered or not.

I need to book 15 nights until end Jan, and want to know whether to bounce them to Marriott or Hilton.

BM
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by alc
I found the Delta Sky Magazine ad off the web page:

http://deltaskymag.delta.com/Contest...onors-(1).aspx

will send an email to the DD desk now and see what can they say now.

alc
What a pathetic ad. Who edits these things at Hilton?

There's the Jan. 1 versus Jan. 7 issue; there's the typo "Eearn"; and there's the statement that a free night is earned after a "stay of 10 consecutive nights" (as if it has to be one long stay). Three problems with one ad.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by zachary
What a pathetic ad. Who edits these things at Hilton?

There's the Jan. 1 versus Jan. 7 issue; there's the typo "Eearn"; and there's the statement that a free night is earned after a "stay of 10 consecutive nights" (as if it has to be one long stay). Three problems with one ad.
LOL! I didn't catch the typos...that is REALLY pathetic!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:13 pm

Based on their advertising piece, I expect free nights "anywhere" and that it has already began. We all should hold their feet to the fire on this.
Their Delta ad wasn't a "oops" moment where someone put out the wrong info in a quick memo. The ad will be alive for the entire month and seems clear that the redeemed certs will be good at all HH properties and that the program started Jan. 1.
I will have my first night earned before the 15th.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:30 pm
alc

Calling DD now...

my 6pm deadline is fast approaching so I am calling DD now. The guy willing to go to their own web page and see the "Have a Free Night on Us" with a small paragraph. But he also had no idea what this promo is. He is putting me on hold and contacting his support right now... (beening over 10 min already)

I will update this thread with my result..

alc
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:37 pm
alc

Ended my call

The guy came back and stated the promo "might" not be able to registry until Jan 7, the day when the promo will start. I question him about the Delta ad. He called his manager and got a respond that the ad is incorrect.. and will try to get it adjust as soon as possible. (sorry to all if it is me who screw up the chance to move the start date back to Jan 1)

so, it look like any discrepancy info on the Delta ad are error (like the typo others had posted above) and we "might" need to wait until Jan 7 to registry before we check-in as stated in the T&C.

alc
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
The process landing page (https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...?lp=anightonus) which you get to from (http://www.hhonors.com/anightonus) says to come back Jan 7.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXECUTIVE, US GOLD, HILTON DOUBLE DIAMOND :)
I just spoke to the diamond desk as well, and my rep says it started Dec 15th!!! Says I'm now registered and he'll be sending me an e-mail ( which I haven't gotten yet)......Does anyone at Hilton know what's going on!! geezzzzz.

Anyway---will believe it when I see it, but thought I would pass that info along anyway.....
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:59 pm

OK---here's the e-mail I received; says it starts the 7th, so I called back again! The reps were adamant that it will be tracked from 12-15...sheeshhhhhhh

This was placed on your accont today following your call. Thanks for your loyalty sir. Sincerly Rich Cardinale Dallas Diamond desk.

On January 7, 2010, over 3 million United States HHonors Members will receive an offer to have stays with participating Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and receive a one night free certificate. This same offer will be sent to non-United States Members on January 12, 2010.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by DudeMan40

On January 7, 2010, over 3 million United States HHonors Members will receive an offer to have stays with participating Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and receive a one night free certificate. This same offer will be sent to non-United States Members on January 12, 2010.
United States HHonors Members ?
They've gotta be kidding me!
What about the rest of us ?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:03 pm

LoL---funni

Speaking of typos, the rep sent me yet another e-mail, apologizing for mispelling "account".....how funni

"This was placed on your accont today following your call. Thanks for your loyalty sir. Sincerly Rich Cardinale Dallas Diamond desk."
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Rambuster
United States HHonors Members ?
They've gotta be kidding me!
What about the rest of us ?
Re-read DudeMan40's post

This same offer will be sent to non-United States Members on January 12, 2010
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:08 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

lol
"You non US members just have to be a bit more patient (will get to you eventually)
We have been busy learning how to make our promotion page active within the last 30 days.
IT has been working in overtime shifts trying to learn how to make it functional
Hilton HHonors Worldwide VIP Customer Service Dept
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:15 pm

final answer IS !!

Hilton rep e-mailed me once again, and stated that Jan 7th was indeed the date, and deposited 3000 points into my account for the misunderstanding; I'll take it!! ^^^

Customer service often gets a bad rap, and even though this person WAS NOT well informed, he did take the time to e-mail me 4 different times and was extremely courteous on the phone and his e-mails.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.