Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:35 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Yep got all my free nights sent to me about 3 days after my completed stays.
Got all 3 free nights.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
This has probably already been asked but I couldn't find it.

I currently have a 1 night award stay booked for Feb 2011 at the Arc de Triomphe. It was a 50,000 point booking.

Once I get my certificate for a free night (sadly only getting 1 this quarter) can I call the HHonors desk and get them to give me the 50K points back and cash in the Free Night Certificate for the stay?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dcstudent

I currently have a 1 night award stay booked for Feb 2011 at the Arc de Triomphe. It was a 50,000 point booking.

Once I get my certificate for a free night (sadly only getting 1 this quarter) can I call the HHonors desk and get them to give me the 50K points back and cash in the Free Night Certificate for the stay?

Thanks!
i don't think you can do that....
Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:11 pm
cjd

Thanks!
I don't see why not. I think others have done this in the past. Ring Hhonors and give it a try.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: HH diamond

Thanks!
You won't be able to do this. The certs have no point/cash value. After all, the certs can be used for W-A too. So anyone could "book" a room and then cancel, asking for the "points value". Remember the cert can be worth as little as a Cat 1 room as well. So Hilton could price it at the "minimum value" of 7500 points.
Also you did not pay any points so no points to cash-in/return to you.

You can call, but I suspect the best that'll be done is you get to use your cert at another property before the exp date.

Sorry, can't game the system this way.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:39 pm

Thanks!
Of course you can...I've done it easily.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by smmrfld
i'm very surprised hilton allowed you to do this....
Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
dcstudent is talking specifically about the Q3FN free certificate, not a regular reward certificate. He has NO POINTS to get back. He has paid ZERO points.
Of course, you can return REGULAR REWARDS that have a stated face value.

Doubtful they will do this with a cert that has ZERO FACE VALUE and an expiration date. Points have NO expiration date as long as the account is active. If the intent was to award points, Hilton would have offered that as an option (like the supposed Q2 promo) instead of just free nights.

Think of it as store credit. You can buy something else with the store credit voucher but if you return it, you'll only get another store credit voucher w/the same T&C.

Last edited by travelinfoo; Mar 29, 2010 at 6:34 am
Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'm not sure if everyone is misunderstanding what I'm asking or if I don't understand what I'm asking but I'm not looking to game anything.

I have a 1 night award stay at the Arc de Triomphe that I "paid" 50,000 points for.

I will be receiving 1 free night certificate from the 2010 Q1 promotion.

I'd like the 50,000 points back so I can use them along with other points for a big award stay.

I'd then use my free night certificate for the night at the Arc de Triomphe.

I have no interest in making a booking with my Q1 2010 certificate and then trying to cancel it and get points for the Q1 2010 certificate.

Originally Posted by travelinfoo

Sorry, can't game the system this way.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:41 am

I'm not sure if everyone is misunderstanding what I'm asking or if I don't understand what I'm asking but I'm not looking to game anything.

I have a 1 night award stay at the Arc de Triomphe that I "paid" 50,000 points for.

I will be receiving 1 free night certificate from the 2010 Q1 promotion.

I'd like the 50,000 points back so I can use them along with other points for a big award stay.

I'd then use my free night certificate for the night at the Arc de Triomphe.

I have no interest in making a booking with my Q1 2010 certificate and then trying to cancel it and get points for the Q1 2010 certificate.
Sorry, misunderstood and misread your original question.

Yes, you can trade your regular reward cert for the Q3FN cert, no problems. You have to go thru HHonors call center to do that. Just tell them you already have an award reservation and you would like to change the "payment" method from points to the Q3FN cert. The points return should be in your account within a few hrs but give them 24 hrs. If they are not returned by then. call!

If the first CS you talk to says it can't be done, call back. IT CAN BE DONE!

Have fun in Paris! Sorry again!

Last edited by travelinfoo; Mar 29, 2010 at 7:20 am
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by saad
i'm very surprised hilton allowed you to do this....
Why would you be surprised? Nothing in violation of the T&Cs...nothing out of the ordinary. Very straightforward switch.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I'm one of the happy 12 stays people with all my 3 certs.
Same here, though I got my first cert on nights (3 stays, 10 nights), got the 2nd at 8 stays and 3rd at 12 stays.

David
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:44 am

I'm still waiting on my 3rd certificate. I got my last stay 2 weeks ago, spoke to a rep, she said it would post soon, but still haven't gotten anything yet. I got my first 2 fairly quickly and posted online under activities within a day as well. This 3rd one hasn't even posted online yet.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:31 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I earned 2 Q3FN's in Q1. It worked out well because I have a 2 night award booking at the ES Montreal during the F1 Grand Prix this June. The Diamond Desk was able to switch me over and refund the points with ease. When I got off the phone, I logged out and back into hhonors.com and saw the 60K refunded. My reservation shows as a points booking though, yet none were deducted from my account. Is this how they all show up when you book with a Q3FN?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
I earned 2 Q3FN's in Q1. It worked out well because I have a 2 night award booking at the ES Montreal during the F1 Grand Prix this June. The Diamond Desk was able to switch me over and refund the points with ease. When I got off the phone, I logged out and back into hhonors.com and saw the 60K refunded. My reservation shows as a points booking though, yet none were deducted from my account. Is this how they all show up when you book with a Q3FN?
Yes.
It's like the GLON awards and AXON awards. Those have the "retail value" printed on the reservation but the discounted point costs are what is actually deducted from the account. Your award reservation will reflect the "retail value" while being "paid" for by your Q3FN certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.