Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by cdfinney
I have to agree, I was a little angry over the reduction so I started staying at PC. I do have 8 stays at Hilton's and even tho I signed up late they're going to give me credit for the stays. So i guess I will try to get to 16 stays by the end of the month. I have a vacation in June to Costa Rica.
Has anyone got credit for this promo on award stays?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
I did, but only because I fought to get points credited for incidentals I had charged to the room. After a week or so, the points + night/stay credited. One phone call to Daimond Desk got that for me
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joe cold
Stupid question.... How do you know you have the certificates? I look on line and see nothing about certificates.
Thanks
Mine were e-mailed to me after each 4th stay posted to my account...
Old Mar 14, 2010, 6:11 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Stupid question.... How do you know you have the certificates? I look on line and see nothing about certificates.
Thanks
I am on the same bought. I finished my 4th stay a week ago and I am yet to receive either an email OR HH activities certificate.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Is Visa 25% discount offer eligible?

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Visa is PR24VC and it is not on the list.
Originally Posted by serfty
Visa 25% is eligible.
Are you sure taking up the Visa offer is eligible for this Free Nights on Us offer? I just called the Diamond desk and the CSR told me it is not. Under circumstances like this, I'm half-tempted to go with FT wisdom, but still would appreciate any input.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Award stays DON"T count towards the Q3FN promotion. It specifically says on the Q3FN T&C.

You should ALWAYS get points for incidentals on award stays and award stays are counted as stays/nights towards VIP status but DO NOT count for this promotion.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by deuce1
I did, but only because I fought to get points credited for incidentals I had charged to the room. After a week or so, the points + night/stay credited. One phone call to Daimond Desk got that for me
Are you sure you got Q3FN credit for the award stay? Just because you get credit on your point/night/stay VIP status total does NOT mean that it counted toward the Q3FN. The Q3FN total qualifying nights/stays are NOT shown on the account.

I would NOT be counting on your award stay as counting toward your Q3FN total. However, you should get stay/night credit for your award stay and points for incidentals credited towards your VIP status which would be reflected on your account totals.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Are you sure taking up the Visa offer is eligible for this Free Nights on Us offer? I just called the Diamond desk and the CSR told me it is not. Under circumstances like this, I'm half-tempted to go with FT wisdom, but still would appreciate any input.
The CSR is incorrect!

Look here first: HHonors.com - The following rates are excluded from this offer. The rate code "PR24VC" is not in that list.

Secondly (Anecdotally) - I received my second promo Q3FN after my eighth stay this year - including one stay at the Visa 25% discount rate.

Last edited by serfty; Mar 14, 2010 at 8:13 pm Reason: Anecdotal note
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks
See my prior post:
Originally Posted by serfty
It shows under "HHonors Activity" as:
Code:
SPECIAL FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE   0         0         08-Mar-2010
Also, look under "Redemption History", you'll see something like:
Code:
SPECIAL FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE      0      08-Mar-2010      <Cert no>      Q3FN
Also, you should receive a certificate, either via e-mail or "snail mail".
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks for posting the list of excluded offers, serfty.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL DM or PM
Originally Posted by cdfinney
So i guess I will try to get to 16 stays by the end of the month. I have a vacation in June to Costa Rica.
FYI, I think the free night cert promo has a limit of three certificates per person, so once you hit 12 stays you are done with this promo
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Just saw that my last HGI stay posted this moning, accompanied by my 3rd and last cert. ^ Nice, HH, you might be moving back up my list.

Keep it up with a nice and juicy Q2 promo!! :-:
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Are you sure you got Q3FN credit for the award stay? Just because you get credit on your point/night/stay VIP status total does NOT mean that it counted toward the Q3FN. The Q3FN total qualifying nights/stays are NOT shown on the account.

I would NOT be counting on your award stay as counting toward your Q3FN total. However, you should get stay/night credit for your award stay and points for incidentals credited towards your VIP status which would be reflected on your account totals.
My award stays did NOT count. On that note, I just hit stay 12 and am waiting for cert #3.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
Where can I view my certificates

Where on the HHonors site can I view my certificates?

I have a free night from the devaluation and I'm about to collect another due to the Q1 promo. My experience of Hilton customer service has not been great so I'd like to keep track of these matters myself.

Thanks in advance,
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, UA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
You can check your email history that is tied to the account.

When i used my devaluation cert, the diamond desk didn't ask me for it because it was on file. Try calling again and asking about it.

-Kevin
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
Yet another dumb feature of the website that this isn't captured online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.