Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Night on Us: Hilton Honors Promotion First Quarter 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by mnredfox
If you're happy at SPG and Hyatt I'd just stay. To me, they are all mostly the same. But if you are requaled at the other brands and are bored to try something new, give HH a try.
To me, they are mostly the same too.

My honeymoon this summer is fixin' to take us to the Maldives, so the Hilton free night cert(s) are actually very valuable. The Conrad and the WA also represent significantly better values than the W (in both cash and points) so I'm really leaning towards Hilton this year which is why I've been running up my Hilton stays.

I'm just really cheesed that Hilton isn't giving me the time of day in regards to making good on their (apparent) mistake with the 1Q promo.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by belynch

My honeymoon this summer is fixin' to take us to the Maldives, so the Hilton free night cert(s) are actually very valuable. The Conrad and the WA also represent significantly better values than the W (in both cash and points) so I'm really leaning towards Hilton this year which is why I've been running up my Hilton stays.

I'm just really cheesed that Hilton isn't giving me the time of day in regards to making good on their (apparent) mistake with the 1Q promo.
As always, call back and try again. It seems that there are always issues with Hilton website. I had to call in and request my 3rd certificate. They did process it manually and acknowledged that it was an IT failure.

The fact that the system never showed you as registered for the promo certainly will make it more difficult. I am not sure if there was anything you could have done. If you never cleanly registered, I would have called to confirm. But it is weird why the second time you got that "already registered" message.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:04 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I earned the three free nights in this promo on stays. The first two posted immediately with the each fourth stay when the points posted. As with others, it seems there is a problem with my third free night; it hasn't posted yet. It was earned on a stay last week, checking out 3/29.

It's only been a week, I think I'll give it some more time and see if it posts on it's own.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by belynch

Call again - be nice but firm. The DD will not be able to fix this. You will need to politely push for escalation to Guest Relations after letting them look over things for a few minutes. That desk can fix it.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Call again - be nice but firm. The DD will not be able to fix this. You will need to politely push for escalation to Guest Relations after letting them look over things for a few minutes. That desk can fix it.
I am not sure if the OP is Diamond. So DD could be an irrelevant factor.

But, the Diamond Desk CAN fix this. They did it for me last Friday. Its been over two weeks that I had not received my 3rd certificate, so after checking for the totals and confirming that all the stays qualified, the agent said they manually processed a certificate for me. I received that at noon today.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I received the first two, but not the third (yet). I had my 12th stay on March 30 or so.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by vrbaba
I am not sure if the OP is Diamond. So DD could be an irrelevant factor.
Yup, not Diamond. Hilton has been a tertiary program for me the past couple of years filling in only when SPG and Hyatt didn't offer a property in the city I was in (which happens about 20 times a year).

I had been making a pretty concerted effort with Hilton this year and can easily hit Diamond by end of April (if I don't get completely frustrated with Hilton dealing with this promo between now and them).

ETA: this has a happy ending. Bounced around the Hilton customer service call center and finally found someone who issued me my free nights. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Last edited by belynch; Apr 5, 2010 at 2:33 pm
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
So my 4th stay was a reward stay and they now claim that it does not count. Looking back over this thread it seems that in prior promotions reward stays always counted. This sucks.

Note to self: need to move even more reservations over to Hyatt.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by robbert
So my 4th stay was a reward stay and they now claim that it does not count. Looking back over this thread it seems that in prior promotions reward stays always counted. This sucks.

Note to self: need to move even more reservations over to Hyatt.
The reward stays were explicitly excluded from the q1 promo. No ambiguity or sneakiness. It was listed with the excluded codes and mentioned multiple times on this forum. Can't really blame Hilton for your lack of reading the rules.

Each promo has it owns set of T&C. You must read each promo's T&C. To paraphrase the brokerages, past promo rules don't predict future promo rules.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
The reward stays were explicitly excluded from the q1 promo. No ambiguity or sneakiness. It was listed with the excluded codes and mentioned multiple times on this forum. Can't really blame Hilton for your lack of reading the rules.

Each promo has it owns set of T&C. You must read each promo's T&C. To paraphrase the brokerages, past promo rules don't predict future promo rules.
OK, that's good to know, I read through most of this thread and saw multiple times that reward nights should have counted. But I was never able to find it in the T&C. At least I don't have to fight it now or feel bad about treatment by Hilton, just bad about my own ignorance....
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:30 am

Another question. I had two of these Q3FN rewards, but didnt print them and now lost the email. Is is possible to get these back?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Aterp2007
Another question. I had two of these Q3FN rewards, but didnt print them and now lost the email. Is is possible to get these back?
Lost the email?

Anyways, these certificates are attached to your account. The CSRs do not need them to make a reservation, they can pull up the cert numbers from their system. However, you do need them to show at check-in. So, maybe you can ask HHonors to email you a copy when making the reservation.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
As mentioned the cert is attached to your account.

You can view the number online under "Redemption History", you'll see something like:
Code:
SPECIAL FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE      0      08-Mar-2010      <Cert no>      Q3FN
Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by robbert
OK, that's good to know, I read through most of this thread and saw multiple times that reward nights should have counted. But I was never able to find it in the T&C. At least I don't have to fight it now or feel bad about treatment by Hilton, just bad about my own ignorance....
They gave me a free night based entirely on a stay in Jan-Feb which included 7 award nights and 3 paid nights. I've already recevied the cert, and a customer service rep confirmed it was for that stay. Could not have been for anything else, because when they sent it to me on Feb 4 that was my only stay so far in the quarter. Maybe it was the paid nights that made it work.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, BW Diamond, HG Platinum
I called the Diamond Desk with a similar request about a week ago and they suggested I would have to be the one checking in with certificate in hand.

On the cert itself there is the following:
1. The reward may be issued to the HHonors Member, any person in the Member's family, or to any other person, as directed by the Member. Once issued, rewards are not transferable and may be used only by the individual named on the reward. If a person other than the individual named on the reward documentation attempts to redeem the reward, the reward will be deemed void and accommodations and/or transportation will be denied.

and the following in the upper right corner:
Issued To: eeee

I plan to call the Diamond Desk to ask that my Q2 promo certs be issued to the receiving party. Please advise if anybody has been successful or failed in this request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.