Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hertz Website Issues" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Uriah Heep
And how about this classic, from the dimwits in Hertz IT: Unable to edit reservation - please contact the party you used to book your vehicle. This is on a vehicle booked, you guessed it, on the Hertz website! JFC!!
haha, I got the exact same response, but was trying to cancel, not edit. I finally got it to cancel by going to cancel before I clicked manage reservation and saw the detail page. It was at the basic page prior.

It appears Hertz has rolled out a new reservation page/process online (not app) so perhaps that is what has been causing these issues recently.
Uriah Heep likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 10:50 pm

So it looks like this should fit in with the issues others are having...
Made a reservation last week for a car that I will pick up next week. Just want to extend the return time by a few hours which will not change the price as I'm already paying for a full extra day. Using a web browser since I can't get this far on the app, but when I make the return time change and click submit, I get:
  • INVALID CREDIT CARD NUMBER [DE229]
Interestingly, I'm using the same credit card when editing my itinerary as I used when making the original reservation, and the credit card is already in my profile.
Do I have to cancel the original reservation, then make a new reservation?
Thanks.

Edit: I should note that I've had the same error on multiple web browsers: Chrome (at home) and Bing (yes, my work makes us use Bing).

Last edited by EffinIllini; May 22, 2023 at 10:54 pm Reason: Adding additional info
Old May 23, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by EffinIllini
So it looks like this should fit in with the issues others are having...
Made a reservation last week for a car that I will pick up next week. Just want to extend the return time by a few hours which will not change the price as I'm already paying for a full extra day. Using a web browser since I can't get this far on the app, but when I make the return time change and click submit, I get:
  • INVALID CREDIT CARD NUMBER [DE229]
Interestingly, I'm using the same credit card when editing my itinerary as I used when making the original reservation, and the credit card is already in my profile.
Do I have to cancel the original reservation, then make a new reservation?
Thanks.

Edit: I should note that I've had the same error on multiple web browsers: Chrome (at home) and Bing (yes, my work makes us use Bing).
You don't have to change the hours if you're already paying for the full day. You can (i) just leave it and when you return the car within the 24 hour period the system will just calculate the rate as it shows - which includes no add'l monies or (ii) just tell the gate agent when you are driving off to change your return time. Since your pickup time hasn't changed they'll have the car ready for you as per your arrival time.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
The Hertz.com website really stinks.
I'm trying to update my profile and every time I try it rejects the information.
Of course, there is no way to contact anyone by phone that I can find. No special number for Hertz Gold.
Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
When I search for a car without logging into my account, the search results show "Pay Now" and "Pay Later" options. If I log into my account then the search results only show "Pay Later" option. Is this the way supposed to be?

I thought this could be due to a profile setting in my account, but I could not see anywhere in my profile that may control such a result display.
I am getting the same problem. If i just try and rent as "Joe Public" and pay now, the price the same car is nearly 800 Euros cheaper than when I log on and take the pay at location option which is the only one displayed.
Any tips are most welcome.
TIA
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I am getting the same problem. If i just try and rent as "Joe Public" and pay now, the price the same car is nearly 800 Euros cheaper than when I log on and take the pay at location option which is the only one displayed.
Any tips are most welcome.
TIA
I was having a similar issue a couple of months ago, as soon as I logged in, the website would almost double the price. The only tip I have is to book elsewhere. That's what I did. I couldn't find a workaround. Even if I tried to book without logging in, once I put in my US credit card it would again double the price. I was trying to book from Europe.
johnaalex and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 4:30 pm

Hertz website is up, but won't let me log on regardless of which browser I try to use. Anyone else having a similar problem?
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hertz website is up, but won't let me log on regardless of which browser I try to use. Anyone else having a similar problem?
Have had the same problem multiple times over the past few months.

Try a different browser... only way it worked for me... and not always.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
On an iOS device I always have to go through the login process at least twice before it works 🙄

Other bugbears… the location picker rarely works, so you’re always forced into the ‘search for a location’ screen.

Also today, the website seems to think I want to use points to pay for my reservation, which I don’t, and won’t let me complete a reservation because it’s saying I don’t have enough points. Oh… and, the ‘accept T&Cs’ checkbox seems to have disappeared so you can’t check it.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 10:14 am

I’ve been trying now for more than a month to update my profile. Never works.
I call their Loyalty Department and they tell me to try again online. I write to customer service and they tell me to call the Loyalty department.
Total Kafkaesque experience.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Put in location STT for any time in 2024... it is coming up at 2500/wk for half of the cars, other half at 649/day. Put in any 2023 dates and the 'normal' prices come up.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
LARGE banner asking me for me cookie preferences continuously keeps appearing on every page I navigate to on the Hertz website, even though I picked/saved. Go to another page, and it comes up again obscuring a good portion of the site.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 12:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Was matched from Sixt Platinum Hertz President Circle and made a reservation on Hertz.com for a four day rental at London Heathrow. My reservation confirmations shows "Gold service not confirmed" and "Service Type: Standard Counter". Does that mean I will not be able to use my benefits?
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I don't believe Heathrow Hertz has a gold service like the US so I think it is just saying that. I did try to look for you as I haven't rented from there for years now but the Hertz UK website adds a new level of amateurism to the Hertz web team. If you go here: https://www.hertz.co.uk/p/car-hire/u...athrow-airport and scroll down to

Hertz Car Hire at Heathrow Airport

and try to select, for example: Collecting your hire car from Heathrow Airport then you will end up at what looks like someone called Joshua Hartley's sharepoint work in progress! Oops!
Enskie likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Unable to login or reset password?

I know it's a .com error/issue. I understand - but I'm kind of having a major issue since I can't login to book a reservation, and/or update license/credit card (of which I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL).

Anyone else?

I called in, but the offshore support was worse than useless.

EDIT - the app works; web does not.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 5, 2023 at 6:49 pm Reason: moved into master thread (where question was already posted)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.