Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hertz Website Issues" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by lindros2
I know it's a .com error/issue. I understand - but I'm kind of having a major issue since I can't login to book a reservation, and/or update license/credit card (of which I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL).

Anyone else?

I called in, but the offshore support was worse than useless.

EDIT - the app works; web does not.
I'm having this problem today too - can't log on to the website (using any browser). But app works. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Nov 11, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I'm having this problem today too - can't log on to the website (using any browser). But app works. Anyone else having this issue?
I found that the issue was related to a problem with IMPERVA/INCAPSULA (security service that Hertz uses).
Basically your computer/IP address was temporarily blacklisted.
The "broken" loading module is when your username/PW get passed to Hertz, but first checked to see if you're a bot.

Interestingly, only Hertz Saudi Arabia properly details it:
https://sa.hertz.com/rentacar/manage-cookies
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by lindros2
I found that the issue was related to a problem with IMPERVA/INCAPSULA (security service that Hertz uses).
Basically your computer/IP address was temporarily blacklisted.
The "broken" loading module is when your username/PW get passed to Hertz, but first checked to see if you're a bot.

Interestingly, only Hertz Saudi Arabia properly details it:
https://sa.hertz.com/rentacar/manage-cookies
you nailed it! I used my VPN to log on and it worked well. For some unknown reason Hertz has blocked the hotels IP address. Weird that, but at least now I know a fix whenever it occurs again. Thanks!
lindros2 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
you nailed it! I used my VPN to log on and it worked well. For some unknown reason Hertz has blocked the hotels IP address. Weird that, but at least now I know a fix whenever it occurs again. Thanks!
I spent hours (not concurrently) with both Hertz and Imperva (who refuses to deal with me), and got nowhere.
Tech support circa 2023 is completely broken.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:42 am

App is utterly broken for me and will not open at all. Running android with a fresh install, nothing.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Booking a one way rental, prepaid from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town, South Africa in January 2024 using my Amex Platinum. It's saying: FORM OF PAYMENT NOT VALID FOR THIS RATE PLAN [DE427]

I've tried everything... I'm hoping this will trigger an Amex offer which is why I keep trying to use it.

I can't even get the same itinerary to populate on the app. Tried mobile Safari and same error code. Been like this for at least a week. Any out of the box ideas? I'm out of ideas.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by civicmon
Booking a one way rental, prepaid from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town, South Africa in January 2024 using my Amex Platinum. It's saying: FORM OF PAYMENT NOT VALID FOR THIS RATE PLAN [DE427]

I've tried everything... I'm hoping this will trigger an Amex offer which is why I keep trying to use it.

I can't even get the same itinerary to populate on the app. Tried mobile Safari and same error code. Been like this for at least a week. Any out of the box ideas? I'm out of ideas.
It is possible they don't take American Express down there... you should check that first by reaching out to PE Cape Town
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
It is possible they don't take American Express down there... you should check that first by reaching out to PE Cape Town
Super frustrating as I'm booking in dollars on the US website. Their .co.za website says only visa/MC, but that very well might be why.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:07 pm

Forgive me if this is a known issue:
I sucessfully booked a reservation while logged in, but seem to have gotten logged out at some point in the process. Now if I try to look up the reservation while logged in, I get an error, but if I log out I can pull it up successfully. It seems like my account is somehow not associated and inimical with this reservation, which is kind of funny - but I'd really like to have my member number on there for the usual benefits. I emailed the website customer support but I'm curious if anyone else has seen this issue.

This is a USA reservation (DFW) in a few months. It's prepaid because it's a really great deal compared to everything else I've seen, and I've been scouting out prices for a while now.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Website math leaves a little to be desired...

Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just when I think the dumpster fire of a Hertz website can't get any worse...

I can log in to my account fine. Want to go look at a reservation I previously made so go to the menu on top: Manage Rental > View/Modify/Cancel Reservation.
It goes to what looks like a different website interface where I am no longer logged in and wants me to enter the confirmation number and name for the reservation to look it up.

Why do I have to log in to this 'other' UI? The interface is almost useless as well, and I noticed at the bottom it has a 'C 2022' instead of the normal website showing 'C 2024'. Seriously? What absolute garbage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.