Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LHR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at LHR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
PSA

Hertz Heathrow will be undergoing a refurbishment from 3 January to 29 March 2024. We will still be operating from the same location but from a portacabin in the Hertz car park. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by E14 26C
PSA

Hertz Heathrow will be undergoing a refurbishment from 3 January to 29 March 2024. We will still be operating from the same location but from a portacabin in the Hertz car park. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
no more leaking roof…
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:33 pm

Hi,

Just set up a 2 week rental for our trip in May.
There was a good deal for renting Full Size G1 Class (Polestar 2 or similar).
I am wondering what the likelihood is of asking and getting a SUV instead?
Have PC if that helps in the UK. Coming from the US!
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by AJDem
Hi,

Just set up a 2 week rental for our trip in May.
There was a good deal for renting Full Size G1 Class (Polestar 2 or similar).
I am wondering what the likelihood is of asking and getting a SUV instead?
Have PC if that helps in the UK. Coming from the US!
if you want an SUV book an SUV
if you want an Auto book an Auto
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:55 am

For anyone renting a Polestar at LHR there is this FAQ

https://www.hertz.co.uk/p/electric-v...h%20your%20car.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:56 am

if you want an SUV book an SUV
if you want an Auto book an Auto
also speeds up the check in. I hate when people get to the counter and are arguing with staff about how they booked a compact but now need an suv… then except it at the compact price.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:12 pm

Can anyone enlighten me about the charging situation around London for the polaster is their a decent fast charging network compared to telsa and is their alot of pumps or their always taken?polaster is 20 pounds cheaper that's my question?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Can anyone enlighten me about the charging situation around London for the polaster is their a decent fast charging network compared to telsa and is their alot of pumps or their always taken?polaster is 20 pounds cheaper that's my question?
download plug share and you’ll be fine. There is shell recharge, Ionity, MFG, Gridserve, Osprey etc Even some of the Tesla supercharger network is open to non telsa

justna heads up the Tesla Supercharger on bath rd near LHR the hotel charges for parking now while you charge
E14 26C likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:28 pm

download plug share and you’ll be fine. There is shell recharge, Ionity, MFG, Gridserve, Osprey etc Even some of the Tesla supercharger network is open to non telsa

justna heads up the Tesla Supercharger on bath rd near LHR the hotel charges for parking now while you charge
Ijones027 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 5:16 pm

Any reason why the platnuim cdp isn't adding the 4 hour grace period at this location online?
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Any reason why the platnuim cdp isn't adding the 4 hour grace period at this location online?
Because LHR is not in the United States and this benefit only applies to rentals within the US. Here are the specific T&Cs for the benefit:

"In addition to Hertz President’s Circle status, Platinum Card Members must use the Amex Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 211762 to save on the base rate of rentals, receive a 4-hour grace period on returns within the US, before an extra day charge is applied4, and savings up to 20% on published base rates5 guaranteed car-class upgrades on certain class vehicles with a 24-hour advance reservation6. Additional terms and limitations apply." (emphasis added)

Regards
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Because LHR is not in the United States and this benefit only applies to rentals within the US. Here are the specific T&Cs for the benefit:

"In addition to Hertz President’s Circle status, Platinum Card Members must use the Amex Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 211762 to save on the base rate of rentals, receive a 4-hour grace period on returns within the US, before an extra day charge is applied4, and savings up to 20% on published base rates5 guaranteed car-class upgrades on certain class vehicles with a 24-hour advance reservation6. Additional terms and limitations apply." (emphasis added)

Regards
Rubbish - Amex issues cards in the UK which have this benefit - in fact the UK Card doesn't even reference where the locations where the code is valid

https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/0...race-period-2/

It certainly is working as I've just made a dummy booking what were you trying to book?

Last edited by jason8612; Feb 23, 2024 at 11:43 am Reason: consecutive posts
Old Feb 24, 2024, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Rubbish - Amex issues cards in the UK which have this benefit - in fact the UK Card doesn't even reference where the locations where the code is valid

https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/0...race-period-2/
Ummm... "rubbish?" Is this a serious response? Do you actually know where Ijones027 Amex card is issued from? Because clicking on their profile it clearly shows Residence: US

The CDP for the US issued Platinum card is: 211762. The CDP for the UK issued Amex card, from the very link you provided is: 633306. Newsflash, 211762 is not equal to 633306. And both of these codes have completely different terms and conditions.

Furthermore, again, the source you provided (did you even actually read the link you provided?) documents the terms and conditions, quite clearly, of the UK CDP (633306):
"A 4-hour no charge grace period before an extra day charge is applied when returning the vehicle in Hertz Corporate Europe locations, the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Middle East (with exception of UAE and Bahrain who offer 2 hours grace period) and selected European Franchise countries (see participating countries). Asia, with the exception of China, offers a 2-hour no charge grace period, except on optional extras like portable phones.” (emphasis added)

Can you enlighten us as to how that is not a "reference where the locations where the code is valid?" I mean, that seems pretty clear to me.

The US terms and conditions, which are substantially different, pretty clearly state that:
"1) In the U.S., a 4-hour grace period for return of a rental car at no charge for time or mileage before an extra day charge is applied." (emphasis added)

Again, that seems pretty clear.

Perhaps in the future, rather than leading with a somewhat hostile "rubbish" response you might consider picking up your pencil and actually checking your work

Regards
altonho likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Let's not attack other FTers,
Thanks

--Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:54 am

Due to rent for the first time at LHR soon, I'm a Hertz PC but the rate I was able to get through an OTA was 50% cheaper than direct..

I've booked a Polestar 2 (category G1 - FXAC) does anyone know which model Hertz LHR have? Are they all standard range or are some of them long range? We're going to be doing big miles so the long range would be preferable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.