Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LHR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at LHR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 2:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Booked a Polestar 2 EV for four days for only 35 GBP per day. Are there any chargers near LHR we can use to charge the car before we return it?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Enskie
Booked a Polestar 2 EV for four days for only 35 GBP per day. Are there any chargers near LHR we can use to charge the car before we return it?
Depending on which way you are coming from
Heston Services has 12 Gridserve dispensers but the Tesla Supercharger on Bath road is open to Non Teslas. It’s about 2km from Hertz.
Enskie likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We just booked a Polestar for Christmas and New Year's weeks for same, crazy low price compared to their other cars.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
We just booked a Polestar for Christmas and New Year's weeks for same, crazy low price compared to their other cars.
Just a heads up. Charging stations will be busy over the holidays. Buffer some extra waiting time
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SBYGUY
Just a heads up. Charging stations will be busy over the holidays. Buffer some extra waiting time
Thanks! We aren't driving too far on any given day and will be staying at the Residence Inn Slough, looks like there are a number of options within a few blocks. The real bummer is my now UK licensed kid won't be 25 for a few more months so cannot drive it.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: Southwest
Originally Posted by Wiggums
Then you're pretty safe. Keep in mind there's shortage... so having status with Hertz helps a lot.
I ended up with a brand new (2 miles) Toyota Corolla hybrid wagon with automatic transmission. Handled very well.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 12:46 am
jxd

Originally Posted by E14 26C
You can expect a Tesla.
PC is recognised at LHR (I thought there was an LHR thread) but not for EVs

I’ve not rented from LHR recently (more dropping off) so am not sure if they still require everyone to queue
I thought theres a one-class upgrade guarantee for PC? I don't recall seeing anything about EVs being excluded from any upgrades in the T&Cs? I rented a P2 for 9 days for Christmas for an unbelievably low rate (230£ for 9 days) so I'm not too fussed about upgrades but I'm just curious if I'll be able to push for an upgrade to a Tesla?
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just returned Polestar 2 a couple of days early as we now have the rest of the trip planned for rail. No issues at all. Charging was very easy at the Tesco Slough 3 times using the podpoint app. Oddly was not charged for the last time when we used 22 speed vs 50 speed even though it said the charge was the same. Never had to wait for a charger..
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:38 pm

Does LHR have anything like Ultimate Choice? Or will my reservation have a designated aisle to pick up? Have PC, reservation is a G1 Class, Polestar 2 or similar
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:37 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AJDem
Does LHR have anything like Ultimate Choice? Or will my reservation have a designated aisle to pick up? Have PC, reservation is a G1 Class, Polestar 2 or similar
No. Sorry. I didn't want the Polestar so I had to reserve a Volvo XC90 "Guaranteed Make" - no upgrades or anything.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Does LHR have anything like Ultimate Choice?
No

Or will my reservation have a designated aisle to pick up?
No, you check in at the machine and wait to be called to the counter (this was at the end of December.

You should see your name and car bay number on the board outside the shuttle drop.

Have PC, reservation is a G1 Class, Polestar 2 or similar
Then you will get a G1.

Last edited by E14 26C; Jan 11, 2024 at 5:04 pm
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:55 pm

I visit LHR often and my name is already assigned on the outside screen at the shuttle drop. Same in the email. Has this this changed ?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
I visit LHR often and my name is already assigned on the outside screen at the shuttle drop. Same in the email. Has this this changed ?
When was the last time you were at LHR ? As they've not been doing that for a long time - they might have restarted it but it certainly wasn't running on Dec 25.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by E14 26C
When was the last time you were at LHR ? As they've not been doing that for a long time - they might have restarted it but it certainly wasn't running on Dec 25.
May 23 and Oct 23
but there have been times where I have had to take a printed ticket instead previously
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:02 pm

May 23 and Oct 23
but there have been times where I have had to take a printed ticket instead previously
Judging by your experience it is more likely to be back then and they just weren't bothering on Xmas Day - thanks appreciate the update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.