Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LHR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at LHR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by LongTimeLurk
Due to rent for the first time at LHR soon, I'm a Hertz PC but the rate I was able to get through an OTA was 50% cheaper than direct..

I've booked a Polestar 2 (category G1 - FXAC) does anyone know which model Hertz LHR have? Are they all standard range or are some of them long range? We're going to be doing big miles so the long range would be preferable!
Can't help with the model, but curious what rate you received with the OTA? Polestar rentals are crazy cheap for me through direct, roughly 230 pounds for 2 weeks in april.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by LongTimeLurk
Due to rent for the first time at LHR soon, I'm a Hertz PC but the rate I was able to get through an OTA was 50% cheaper than direct..

I've booked a Polestar 2 (category G1 - FXAC) does anyone know which model Hertz LHR have? Are they all standard range or are some of them long range? We're going to be doing big miles so the long range would be preferable!
they have been standard range models in my experience.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by SBYGUY
they have been standard range models in my experience.
My experience as well
Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:23 pm

Only time Ive got a Long Range Polestar 2 was here in Montreal and I have no clue where they pulled it out from
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by AJDem
Can't help with the model, but curious what rate you received with the OTA? Polestar rentals are crazy cheap for me through direct, roughly 230 pounds for 2 weeks in april.
Thanks all for info on standard range!

We originally had £220 for a week after booking directly with Hertz. Through the OTA I've got it for around £100 for the same week. In April as well over the Easter holidays too
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
After several successful Polestar 2 rentals from LHR, I can see that there's now the option for for "Economy Elite (B1) Vauxhall Corsa-e or similar" - a new, smaller class of EV.

Has anyone rented from this class at LHR, and if so what make and model did you receive?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
After several successful Polestar 2 rentals from LHR, I can see that there's now the option for for "Economy Elite (B1) Vauxhall Corsa-e or similar" - a new, smaller class of EV.

Has anyone rented from this class at LHR, and if so what make and model did you receive?
ill walk the lot in a few weeks beforehand and see if I can switch a Polestar out for something else they have. I know EuropCar has MG4 etc

Hertz from what I recall for smaller EV will be Fiat 500e or e208
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:54 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
ill walk the lot in a few weeks beforehand and see if I can switch a Polestar out for something else they have. I know EuropCar has MG4 etc

Thanks. I used Europcar at LHR a lot during the pandemic, but only fossil fuel cars. I got a bit tired of the endless compact and midsize crossovers, including many many MGs. Since migrating to Hertz, the Polestars work brilliantly for me. But interested to try something else. I've rented many a Fiat 500 with the fossil fuel engines, and for what it is, it's still a hoot to drive. Maybe the 500e is the same.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)

I'll also talk to the guys at the Hertz LCY Desk next week to see if they have an inventory list in their manual.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I'm guessing if you reserve a Polestar, there's not really an 'upgrade' per se? I'm assuming that's the biggest EV they have, and not sure if they'd proactively upgrade you to a fossil fuel something else?

PC status, which I know isn't as good in the UK.

BTW, what's their policy on charge % on return at LHR? And how much do they tend to charge to recharge themselves?

I'll be happy to drive one, we're going to western England and seems convenient enough to charge, though not cheap and not convinced it's cheaper to operate than a diesel engine something else. I did the calculations for another trip in Scotland and the Polestar would cost me double what a diesel car would for fuel / electricity because the route we'd be on would force me to use rapid chargers all the time at 70p per KWh.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:56 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I'm guessing if you reserve a Polestar, there's not really an 'upgrade' per se? I'm assuming that's the biggest EV they have, and not sure if they'd proactively upgrade you to a fossil fuel something else?
When I was there last year, nearly all of the cars were Polestar on the lot. I could not reserve intermediate or large fossil.. had to reserve a luxury Volvo XC90 SUV to avoid EV. I had a lot of driving so EV wasn't ideal for me.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 10:01 am

LHR is BIG on Polestar 2 and Citroen EV
Old Apr 19, 2024, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
LHR is BIG on Polestar 2 and Citroen EV
I found the MER app which seems to allow more reasonable charging rates, woth our route I should only have to charge once, ao shouldn't be too bad.

Now just curious what LHR charges for returning under XX?% since I have zero interest in sitting around charging at the end of the trip.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 3:55 am

I found the MER app which seems to allow more reasonable charging rates, woth our route I should only have to charge once, ao shouldn't be too bad.

Now just curious what LHR charges for returning under XX?% since I have zero interest in sitting around charging at the end of the trip.
Well I can pull the London City Terms, should be the same for LHR

https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/res...EL&EOAG=LCYT53

Short-term rentals (i.e. not multi-month)
  • NETWORK CHARGING STATIONS - You can access these Charging Stations using the Hertz key fob or key card provided. Our Network Charging Stations means Shell Recharge Charging Stations and, if you are renting a Tesla, also Tesla Supercharger stations.
  • END OF RENTAL RECHARGE - Hertz will record the vehicle battery charge at the start of the rental. We ask you to return the vehicle with at least the same level of charge or 75%, (whichever is lower). If you return the vehicle with a level of charge lower than this we will recharge it for you at the rate of £1,27 (including tax) per missing kWh.
    • If you return the vehicle with 20% or less battery charge then we will also charge an Administration Fee of £ 22.68 because this increases our turn around times and involves staff time.
  • IDLE FEES/PARKING CHARGES - Please be aware that if you fail to move the vehicle at the end of your charging session then idle fees may apply and we will pass these on to you. Parking charges may also apply at charging stations and you are responsible for these. Please check the T&Cs at each charging station before use.
  • OTHER - Third party/non network charging stations are excluded. If you choose to use these then third party fees apply.
See the Electric Vehicle Terms for full T&Cs.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 4:02 am

PC status, which I know isn't as good in the UK.

BTW, what's their policy on charge % on return at LHR? And how much do they tend to charge to recharge themselves?

I'll be happy to drive one, we're going to western England and seems convenient enough to charge, though not cheap and not convinced it's cheaper to operate than a diesel engine something else. I did the calculations for another trip in Scotland and the Polestar would cost me double what a diesel car would for fuel / electricity because the route we'd be on would force me to use rapid chargers all the time at 70p per KWh.
I've been told that policy is there are no upgrades out of EV rentals, if the customer wants an ICE, the rental will be repriced.

Not sure I'd take an EV again if offered - putting a PoleStar on rapid charge at the Gatwick Airport Gridserve (whilst a nice place at 5 am to get a coffee) took about four times longer and twice the price of filling an ICE.
dvs7310 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.