Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LHR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at LHR; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:31 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
PC is recognized anywhere in the world, but it depends on the station. Some are nicer, some are indifferent. I reserved a Volvo XC90 SUV at LHR, and got a Volvo XC90.

The PC line was the same as the regular line, no difference.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Wiggums
PC is recognized anywhere in the world, but it depends on the station. Some are nicer, some are indifferent. I reserved a Volvo XC90 SUV at LHR, and got a Volvo XC90.

The PC line was the same as the regular line, no difference.
Thanks. Also my post was not actually about "what car to expect" but "what experience to expect" so it looks like the moderator wrongly moved this message to this area. I'm knocking five points off my satisfaction score jk.

But in all seriousness, is it an 'agentless' experience at LHR? Can I walk right through and just jump in the car and go? I just received an email from Hertz saying gold customers go straight through to their car, but your comment about PC line being the same contradicts it (right?)...
Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PigsCanFly
Thanks. Also my post was not actually about "what car to expect" but "what experience to expect" so it looks like the moderator wrongly moved this message to this area. I'm knocking five points off my satisfaction score jk.

But in all seriousness, is it an 'agentless' experience at LHR? Can I walk right through and just jump in the car and go? I just received an email from Hertz saying gold customers go straight through to their car, but your comment about PC line being the same contradicts it (right?)...
I was there in June, can tell you there were no signs with my name, and I certainly could not pick from a lot.

Agentless? I wish.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 3:26 pm

I was there in June, can tell you there were no signs with my name, and I certainly could not pick from a lot.

Agentless? I wish.
That’s a shame. It’s a real bummer because Hertz is consistently coming out as the cheapest for most EV rentals.

In your (and other’s) opinion, what’s the best LHR rental experience? The only other reference I have is Sixt and that was an absolute shambles over in the Sofitel of T5 (though the cars are generally pretty good)
Old Jul 6, 2023, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by PigsCanFly
That’s a shame. It’s a real bummer because Hertz is consistently coming out as the cheapest for most EV rentals.

In your (and other’s) opinion, what’s the best LHR rental experience? The only other reference I have is Sixt and that was an absolute shambles over in the Sofitel of T5 (though the cars are generally pretty good)
I rented from Hertz because it was the cheapest place to rent a luxury petrol SUV. I didn't want electric, a lot of stations required that I download apps, a lot would not take non-UK credit cards, etc.

Sixt was a lot more that time, but it's possible that the rates have gone down. I have Sixt Platinum and I like LHR's fleet. They don't seem to be heavily invested in electric cars as Hertz is.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 7:34 am

Currently at Hertz LHR, as a PC member, waiting to get my car. Absolute mess here, a hundred people, more waiting outside, three to four agents working and a shortage of cars.

What’s the point in having any kind of status when the customer experience is so bad???
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 10:46 am

My experience was similar, I didn't even think PC helped. SAN, LAS, American ones are a lot nicer.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am booking Hertz via Amex, saw this as per b below and it also said electric, is this a mistake ? If not what car can I expect?

Full Size Specialty

Mercedes Benz E280 or similar
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:09 am

Trust me, it'll be electric. Tesla is what you're getting.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: Southwest
Trust me, it'll be electric. Tesla is what you're getting.
On July 23, I made a September weekend rental of a Tesla Model Y for Hertz at LHR for Ł68.22 a day. Last night, I went back and saw the rates had dropped for the same vehicle and pick up/drop off dates to Ł55.18. I made a second booking at this lower and will cancel the first.

If I were to decide to forego the Tesla rental altogether and reserve an automatic gasoline engine car from Hertz at LHR, what would be the likelihood I would actually get an automatic transmission car? I’m worried about showing up and learning they only have manuals on the lot.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by sunpass
On July 23, I made a September weekend rental of a Tesla Model Y for Hertz at LHR for Ł68.22 a day. Last night, I went back and saw the rates had dropped for the same vehicle and pick up/drop off dates to Ł55.18. I made a second booking at this lower and will cancel the first.

If I were to decide to forego the Tesla rental altogether and reserve an automatic gasoline engine car from Hertz at LHR, what would be the likelihood I would actually get an automatic transmission car? I’m worried about showing up and learning they only have manuals on the lot.
I recall a Skoda Octavia and Ford Focus there, but are more likely stick. I didn't see luxury cars, I picked luxury SUV because it was one of the few without "Electric" and got a Volvo XC90 which was a great car and it was automatic.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:45 am

I recall a Skoda Octavia and Ford Focus there, but are more likely stick. I didn't see luxury cars, I picked luxury SUV because it was one of the few without "Electric" and got a Volvo XC90 which was a great car and it was automatic.
They have a Ford Fiesta automatic in economy class and an undefined “Full Sized Automatic” (no description) on their app for reservation.

I’m just concerned that I’ll show up and all the automatics will be rented out. I have learned to drive standard but do not have a lot of experience with it. Being on the opposite side of the road and vehicle is not a comforting idea to put it to the test.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:47 am

They have a Ford Fiesta automatic in economy class and an undefined “Full Sized Automatic” (no description) on their app for reservation.

I’m just concerned that I’ll show up and all the automatics will be rented out. I have learned to drive standard but do not have a lot of experience with it. Being on the opposite side of the road and vehicle is not a comforting idea to put it to the test.
Is it thru Hertz.com website? A lot of third-party travel sites don't show "Electric." I have learned a long time ago not to rely on the pictures. However, if Hertz.com is vague with the description, it still shows "Electric" if it is.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:47 am

Yes the automatic is listed directly on the Hertz app.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:51 am

Yes the automatic is listed directly on the Hertz app.
Then you're pretty safe. Keep in mind there's shortage... so having status with Hertz helps a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.