Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Post Your Free Vehicle Upgrades Here (2017-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Free Vehicle Upgrades Here (2017-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
DCA
Premium - Chevy Impala or similar (G)
None
Yes - Infiniti Q50 (G4)
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I don't see why not; it's a higher rate class than F and likely costs more per day to rent.
I just thought it odd that Hertz would think that a pick up truck was an acceptable upgrade/change from a reserved full size car. Fortunately I was solo but if I had been traveling in my usual group with luggage what did hertz think I would do, keep moving the luggage from the bed to the cab every time we got out of the truck?

I asked what else was available and even though there seemed to be plenty of cars and suvs they only offered me a Nissan Altima with 40,000 miles and plenty of dings and scratches. I asked what else they had and they said "nothing". I didn't have time to argue with them so I took the truck.

Recently been renting from hertz rather than national and am gold plus but not really impressed with hertz's cars at this point. Hopefully I'll have better experiences on future rentals.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:11 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Jersey City HLE
Reserved: C
Received: D 2017 Chevy Cruze LT (receipt said C but keyfob said D)

No more Journeys! I actually wanted a smaller car and saw the Cruze on the ground floor. I haven't rented one since they changed the body style so I asked for it. 17,000 miles and working Sirius/XM.
I was very happy to be able to shoehorn the car into a space in front of our apartment (cars with backup cameras are gold in NYC) and getting 34 mpg in mixed city and highway driving was great.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 11, 2017 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX-Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG-Gold
OAK - President's Circle
Booked F (Chrysler 200 or Similar) AAA 10% discount
Chose C300 MBZ

Cost for 3 days was less than a Benjamin including all taxes and fees. I was a very very happy person this weekend.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:58 pm

LEX - 5*

Reserved: F
Received: G - Chevy Impala - 9,000 miles with working Sirius/XM.

Not bad for $20 all-in for the day. Originally assigned me a Fusion Hybrid that had been smoked in. I was a little sad since I'd been wanting to try out one of the hybrids, but the smoke smell was a no-go.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: VISA Infinite, AmEx Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, Hertz 5*, Sixt Platinum
AGP
Reserved: J6 - Ssanyong Rodius (whatever that might be)
Received: Z5 - MB V class (van) loaded with leather, GPS ...

Not bad for a total cost of 38 euros / day. Massive upgrade from a Chinese brand to the best possible van, at that location.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 27, 2017 at 1:19 pm Reason: LAX rental was not upgraded and already posted in LAX thread
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Monday 9/25 - Tuesday 9/26 IND
Booked D
Received Infiniti QX80. Put 20 miles on it.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
If the Skoda was an Octavia, I'd be surprised to see that in Group X - it's usually a D or an F. Maybe a higher trim level might be in X...

If it was a Superb, then they are quite rare in the fleet but they are absolutely huge inside, and, while not any kind of upgrade, I'd take one over an X-Trail without hesitation. Technically, X-W might be an upgrade, but sometimes you've got to know when you're winning...
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:18 am

SNA
PC
Booked Q4 - Jeep Compass
Received H4 - Mercedes Benz GLC 300

Surprised to get this free upgrade, suspect they were short on Q4 vehicles (showing sold out a few days before my pickup).
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
I'm renting a Premium (Group I) from Madrid, one way to San Sebastian this weekend. Booking shows BMW 3 series or similar, competitors show Mercedes C-Class or similar for same category, so I have to assume it'll be a German car at the very least? I hope so. I also presume no upgrade will happen given booking category (5 Star), which is fine, but primarily don't want to be downgraded.

Any experience with Group I out of Barajas?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by yzhng117
SNA
PC
Booked Q4 - Jeep Compass
Received H4 - Mercedes Benz GLC 300

Surprised to get this free upgrade, suspect they were short on Q4 vehicles (showing sold out a few days before my pickup).
Nice!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:58 pm

LAS
Gold member (this is my first rental w Hertz)
Guy at the counter "threatened" to give me a Buick which was in his words, "a grandfather car". He then offered an Audi A3 upgrade for $30 a day, which I took. It was decent, and handled well but did not come with navi.

All in all, a pretty poor experience w Hertz. Will try other providers the next round
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jxshasha
LAS
Gold member (this is my first rental w Hertz)
Guy at the counter "threatened" to give me a Buick which was in his words, "a grandfather car". He then offered an Audi A3 upgrade for $30 a day, which I took. It was decent, and handled well but did not come with navi.

All in all, a pretty poor experience w Hertz. Will try other providers the next round
yeah, you got played in my opinion. I'd rather have a regal over the A3. The Buicks have come a long way. You received a smaller car, albeit luxury, on a premium reservation.
Cymro likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Think I'd rather have the A3 over the Regal, but not at $30 per day.

(If you're European, you'll recognize the Regal as an Opel Insignia, but with 250 hp and AWD for the turbo versions, it's a relative blast to drive).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: too many
Tours (France)
PC
Booked - D - Intermediate
Assigned - Renault Scenic
Received - Renault Scenic
Boy, that car is crap, the engine is completely lame and consumes more than my 10 y.o. 2.2 Avensis estate.

Tours (France)
PC
Booked - D - Intermediate
Assigned Infiniti Q50
Received - Infiniti Q50
Wow, that car is great to drive on the French roads, the driving experience is on par with the C-class or 3-series, fuel consumption is good for that engine(6.7L/100km with the sports mode enabled). Great upgrade!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.